Status: New layout :D I hope you all like it, I worked hard on it.

God Knows You're on My Mind.

This is it. The time you waited for.

Piper finished re-doing her hair. It was curly, for she had just gotten out of the shower. It finally happened, eighth grade was finally over. The simple thought repeated in her head as she brushed her teeth. The red head was getting ready to go over to Derek's house, simply just to talk about the note. She would get to the bottom of this, and Piper knew it, too. Piper, almost forgetting the note, shoved it into her breast pocket again before leaving out her window. It was eight, and her parents didn't want her leaving anywhere after dinner. 'Bad things happen after dinner,' her mother had said to her when reasoning. Sliding the window back down once she was standing on the green grass of her yard, she fixed her shorts and nodded. Ready as she'll ever be, she headed quietly and quickly across her yard. Everything was dimming down some, seeing as though it was night-time.

"Hmm, I wonder, I wonder, I wonder." She said aloud, rubbing her hands together. It was a warm, June night in Virginia. The beginning of a warm summer was underway, and Piper looked forward to it. Ninth grade- boy oh boy did she feel old. Smiling as she kicked an almost identical pebble from earlier in the day, she whistled quietly. Derek only lived a good few minutes away- which gave Piper enough time to contemplate how to get in. She couldn't simply walk through the front door- His mom knew that she wasn't allowed out past eight- and she couldn't sneak in through the back door, either. Derek had two dogs, both very huge and both easily the same weight as two of Piper. You see, Piper wasn't exactly tall, or the right size for being her age. She was 5-foot tall, and weighed only one-hundred-and-ten-pounds, and sounded like a six year old if she tried. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she'd figure to climb up the tree next to Derek's suburban home and swing her legs over to the side of his house where his window was. How movie-like, a tree next to a window. Nodding, she headed over to the tree.

Piper loved climbing trees- especially oak ones. Gripping the bark, she made sure not to grip too hard in fear of bad splinters, the freckled girl let her hands pull herself up the tree. Once making it up to the branch nearest Derek's window, she straddled it and fixed her shirt just a little bit. Her green eyes wandered into the window, her black shadowy outline reflected back. His blinds were clothes, figured, so she would have to rap on the glass lightly. Swinging her small legs over to the roof, she plopped down with a small muffled 'thump' and crawled on her hands and knees over to the lit window. Bringing her pale hand up, she tapped her knuckle against the window in Derek and her's secret morse code-like tapping.

Rap. Tap. Rap.

Derek's figure became more visible behind the white blinds as he made his way over to open them. Once the blinds were opened, Derek's smiley face appeared behind the glass. He lifted his arms up, along with the window, and stepped back-- allowing Piper to tumble in. Once in, the red head giggled and got up to hug Derek's waist.

"Hey to you, too." Derek said quietly, hugging her back. Once the two stood there quietly for a few seconds, they parted and Piper pulled him over to his bed.

"I really have to talk to you, and its a serious matter too." She said, itching the back of her head. Could she grow the gonads to ask him if it was him who wrote her that love letter? Or even ask if Derek had known any guy who liked her enough to express their 'love' to her on notebook paper. In reality, alls Piper really wanted to do was just talk to her best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yes. How badass of Piper. ;D