Status: New layout :D I hope you all like it, I worked hard on it.

God Knows You're on My Mind.

Pull That Rope Just A Little Higher.

As the three played baseball for the fun of it, Piper spotted some heads bobbing up and down in the distance. Who was coming to their lot? Piper straightened up, standing on her tippy-toes to get a better view. It was them, Marcus Walker and his gang- even their girlfriends- and they were headed the three of their ways.

“What, Piper? You look like a prairie dog!” Derek laughed. Piper held her finger up to her lips, shushing them.

“What?” Johnny whispered, standing up straight. Derek did the same.

“Marcus Walker, the Walk-ettes and their girlfriends are here. They’re headed right this way.” Piper whispered, looking at Derek with worry on her face. Every time Derek and Marcus came into contact with each other, Marcus always touched Derek’s hair. And it freaked him out. “I.. I think we should g-go.” Piper added, her body starting to shiver in fear. She didn’t want a fight.

“No, we shouldn’t. Staying is our best bet, he’ll leave once he sees we’re here.. I hope.” Derek said, walking over to Piper. He beckoned Quiet Johnny over to the two, and he stood by Piper. The three of them stood there, waiting for them to fully arrive.

“Well.. Well.. Well.” Marcus said, grabbing a cigarette from his ear. “What’d we got here?” He added, pulling out a silver Zippo lighter.

“It looks like we’ve got ourselves three gems, playin’ in the dirt.” Said Pauly Don, Marcus’ friend.

“No, Pauly, it looks like we’ve gout ourselves some kids skippin’ the church dance. What’re we gonna tell your mothers?” Howard Dean, the Pastor’s Son, spoke up. He pulled off his Buddy Holly shades and stuck them in his hoodie’s pocket.

“You guys, don’t be mean.” Hissed Lilly, Howard’s girlfriend, to the three.

“Yeah, they didn’t do nothin’ to you guys”! Chimed in Katy, Pauly’s girlfriend. Poor Marcus, girlfriend-less. Him and Iris broke up a week before Eight grade got over because ‘he smokes too much.’

“Paul, Howard- dudes. Ask the girl if she wants a smoke.” Marcus said, pointing to Piper. Piper shook her head, crossing her arms.

“I’m right here, Marcus. And no, I do not want a cancer stick!” Piper replied, growing more irritated.

“Chill, woman, chill.” Marcus laughed, inhaling a puff of smoke from his Marblo.

“No, you leave. Now, all five of you. I was going to say six- But woops! Iris and you broke up, ha-ha.” Piper teased, rubbing her arm gently. “Just leave, please.” She begged, swallowing the lump in her throat.

“Alright, alright. But only because you asked nicely and had that cute little face on.” Marcus sighed, spitting onto the ground. “When’re you gonna go out with me, Pip?” He asked her, his eyes sincere.

“That.. No, I’m not falling for it again. Marcus, you and the Walk-ettes just leave. We don’t want any trouble.” Piper said, looking away. She gripped her arm tightly, not making eye contact with anything but the ground.

“Fine, later kids.” Marcus said, snapping his fingers. Piper watched them leave- Marcus throwing his cigarette on the ground. Marcus wasn’t as bad as he acted, he was very sweet once you got him alone. Piper liked him for his better side- which caused her to forget all about the note.

“Thank God they didn’t want to fight.” Derek broke the silence, going from un-stiffened to loose. “And thank God you didn’t go with them.” Derek said, turning to Piper. He placed his hands on her shoulders and rubbed the bare skin with his thumbs. Her sweater, hanging from her hand, finally becoming more free.

“I know.. I’m sorry about that last time.” Piper replied, pulling away from him and moving around Johnny as he stood there quietly. “Thanks for not lettin’ me.” She added. Quiet Johnny looked at the ground, kicking a rock.

“Guys, I’mma go home. I’ll catch you two later, ‘bye.” He rushed, sprinting away from them and toward the trail that lead to the sidewalks.

“Derek, care to walk me home, escort?” Piper teased, pulling on her sweater as she held out her arm.

“Don’t mind if I do, Pip.” Derek chuckled, interlocking his arm with her’s.

That walk was going to be a long walk home, concedering the fact that it was getting dark out and their parents expected a phone call. They didn’t want to make a phone call, they just wanted to go to the park and lay on the green grass. Even in their Church clothes, they wanted to get dirty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha yeah. :3 if you read, comment please. PLEASE.