‹ Prequel: The Last Letter
Status: In Progress.

A Thousand Red Tulips

Chapter 2

I turned the key into the apartment door with some difficulty. My hands were slightly shaking and I really didn't want to ask Gabriel all of the questions that were swarming my mind. Once I finally opened the door we both walked in and sat down on the couch.

Gabe (His new nickname, courtesy of Hayley) grabbed the television remote and began to change the channel with it.

"Gabe?" I asked sheepishly.

He put the remote down and turned to me. "Yes Alex?"

"I...have some things to ask you." I replied.

"I think I know what this is going to be about." he said with a grimace.

I was caught off by his facial expression but continued on. "I wanted to know about....well about everything. Like who was Elizabeth and how did you end up in Travis's body....
and where is Travis!?"

He let out a large sigh. "I guess I will start from the beginning."

"The old woman, Elizabeth. I had never met her before in my life. But I did get to talk briefly with her when I was in between time zones."

"What do you mean "in between time zones?" I asked.

"When Travis collided with the metal machine Elizabeth thought it would be a good time to make your wish come true. You wanted for us too be together and she made it so."

"You mean I killed Travis!!?" I panicked.

"No! Of course not!....It was his time to go. That is what she had told me."

"Ohh...so...what happened to him?" I asked.

"He goes where all the others go when it is their time to leave Earth."

"But what about his family?...they are going to think that you are him!" I realized.

"Travis was a "foster child" I think those are the words she used.
His "foster" mother died three years ago and he was living alone in one of the apartments in this building." he explained.

"How do you know all of this?" I questioned.

"I told you, I spoke to her in between the time zones." he smiled at me.

"So...she's kinda like an Angel?" I asked cautiously.

"I do not know. She could be an Angel I suppose. Or maybe a Ghost or Phantom." he replied.

I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding.

"Does that make things better?" he asked in concern.

"Yes...thanks Gabe." I said with a smile.

"Anything for you Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was strangely hard to write. I hope this clears any questions up that you may have had.

Tell me what you think?

Comment and Subscribe Please? (: