Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

15

When I woke up, my head hurt and I didn’t know where I was. I slowly opened my eyes and glanced around the room I was in, my gaze landed on a familiar picture. I sighed in relief, I was in my dorm. How did I get here? I knew I went out with Kelsey last night, but I don’t remember ever coming home and that scared me. I quickly tried to remember what had happened the night before and who I was with, but I was drawing a blank.

What I did know when I woke up was that I wasn't alone in bed. I started freaking out because I couldn't remember anything that happened last night and now I'm waking up with someone in my bed. Suddenly a disturbing thought popped in my head. I didn't have sex with this person did I? I couldn't even think about that without tears filling my eyes, I would have never done anytihng like that to Sidney.

I tried to think back to last night and all I remember was Kelsey telling me we were going to a party. Once we got there she ditched me so I wondered around looking for anyone I knew. That was about the last thing I remember. Wait, there was a phone call somewhere in there I think, to who I wasn’t sure. I sat up, not caring about waking whoever was next to me. I reached for my phone and looked through my call history, Sidney. I called Sidney last night? Why would I do that, I was mad at him. I needed to know what happened. I took a deep breath and pressed send, waiting for him to pick up. As the line began to ring, I heard a familiar song playing somewhere in my room and I looked around. I knew that ring tone, that was Sidney's phone. Looking at the outline of the person lying next to me, I did something that I should have done earlier. I pulled the blanket back and saw familiar brown hair sticking out all over the place. New tears filled my eyes as I sat there looking at him. It was Sidney.

Sidney stirred and I realized his phone was still ringing so I quickly closed my phone and just sat there looking at him and crying. He finally woke up minutes later and looked around the room. When he spotted me crying he quickly sat up and wrapped me in a hug. I laid my head on his chest and cried even more.

“Shhh, Taylor it’s okay. Everything is fine. You’re fine.” He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. I didn’t care that I was supposed to be upset with him. I didn’t care that I didn’t want to talk to him. All I cared about was he was here and I needed him.

“What-how-why are you here?” I finally asked.

Sidney pulled away from me and took my hand in his. I looked down at our hands and then up to his face. He looked tired and his eyes weren’t sparkling like they normally did. "I was on my way down here to apologize to you and ask you to please, please forgive me. Then I got your phone call and about died. You were so out of it and then you changed like instantly, you went from over-flirty to frightened in a blink of an eye. I wanted to find you so badly but I had no idea where to find you and then by some miracle you sent me a text telling me where you were. Sure, I had no idea where the hell that was but I found out and I ran, I ran like I’ve never ran before in my life.” He took a deep breath and placed his hand on my cheek. “I found the place, but I couldn’t find you. I tried to get Kelsey to help me but she was drunk and too busy making out with some football player to care. I knew as soon as I walked in there something bad had happened and that I needed to find you. I walked around for I don’t know how long, calling your name, asking people if they knew you, and even calling your phone. I finally heard it going off from some room, but the door was closed.” Sidney's jaw clenched and I didn't like that I had no idea where this story was going. “I walked in and saw the scariest thing in the world. You were unconscious and some asshole was on top of you.” He clenched his jaw and looked away so I wouldn’t see the tears that were building in his eyes, but it was too late.

“Sidney, did…did he?” I gulped and looked at my boyfriend. “Did he rape me?” I whispered as tears sprang to my eyes.

“God, baby no he didn’t. I kicked his ass” He kissed my forehead and pulled me into his chest again.

“Thank you for saving me.”

“You don’t have to thank me. I’m just happy that I was actually here to help, because God knows that if I wasn’t that ass would have raped you.”

I shivered and hugged him again. I pulled away from him and looked into his hazel eyes. “Sidney, I’m so sorry about these last few weeks. I was just so overwhelmed with everything that I freaked. I’m sorry.”

“Taylor, I understand. I forget sometimes that you are still only eighteen years old because you are so damn mature that it’s easy to forget that. I know you aren’t use to everything and I’m sorry to say but you better because it’s only going to get worse. Especially when we go public.”

“Sidney, can I come back to Pittsburgh with you? I don’t want to stay here anymore. Especially after last night.” I asked quietly.

Sidney smiled and kissed me. “Of course you can, baby. I would love that.”

I smiled and kissed him again. “Thank you Sidney. I’m glad you rescued me.”

“Me too.”

The next few days Sidney helped me pack up my dorm. Kelsey wasn’t happy that I was leaving but she understood why I wanted to. Also during those few days I went to the admissions office and officially dropped out. Sure my parents were going to be pissed but they knew I wanted to leave anyway.

Finally the day came for us to leave. Kelsey cried and apologized repeatedly for what happened at the party. I told her it was no big deal, but in truth it was a big deal. Sidney said good bye and we were on our way. I couldn’t have been more excited to be on our way because I was going back to Pittsburgh. We stopped at my place to tell my mom and dad what happened and that I had dropped out and was going to Pittsburgh with Sidney. Of course they weren't happy with my decision, but they understood. They were both greatful for Sidney because he saved me and I knew that was one reason why they were letting me go with Sidney. The drive up to Pittsburgh was long, but I was okay with that because I was spending that time with Sidney.

When we finally arrived at the apartment it was already two in the morning and Sidney had practice at eleven. We quickly brought all my stuff in and the both of us just climbed into bed, not bothering to change into pajamas.

“It feels really good to be back here.” I whispered as Sidney and I cuddled in our bed.

“I’m glad you are back.” He said placing a kiss on my forehead.

“Me too, I’ve been away for too long.” I let out a loud yawn. “Good night Sidney. I love you.”

“I love you too, Tay. Sleep tight.” He hugged me closer and I closed my eyes, falling asleep instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited