Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

18

Two Months Later

Today was Sidney and Taylor's one year anniversary and it was also Taylor's nineteenth birthday. Sidney had a busy day planned and he was nervous. Not because the Penguins were in the playoffs, but because what was he was going to do during intermission. He had told the boys and Vero about his birthday surprise for Taylor. They all agreed to help plan it out. Vero was going to get ready with her and then bring her to the game. The boys were going to work something out with Dan before the game, so Sid could do his surprise during intermission.

Sid heard his phone going off, and it was from Jordan telling him that Dan okay'd everything. He smiled, he couldn't wait for the big surprise. He responded to Jordan and laid down for his pre-game nap. When he woke up it would be time for the game.

**

Sid was in the locker room before the game. He couldn't stop fidgeting, and he was started to sweat.

"Sid, stop panicking. You'll be fine." Kris said, sitting down beside him.

"I know, I just want everything to go as planned."

"I know you do, but it's going to 'appen." He said smiling, patting Sid's back, then walking back over to his stall.

Kris was right, everything will be fine and it only took Sidney to see Taylor in the stands for him to realize that. He also knew the moment he saw her that he was making the right desision today.

The Penguins were up by two once the second intermission started. The team cleared the ice just like they did after every intermission. What Taylor didn't know was that Sidney was standing in the runway changing his skates for sneakers and the equipment manager handed him a box.

Sidney smiled when he heard Taylor getting called down to the ice. He started making his way to the ice and the team followed him, sitting on the bench. Sidney's smile got bigger when he saw his girlfriend of one year standing at center ice with a very confused look on her face.

"Sidney? What's going on?" She asked when he met up with her.

"Taylor Samuels, a year ago two of your best friends got me to come to your house for your birthday. On a whim I decided to go and I had the best time ever getting to know you that day. A year ago today, was your 18th birthday, and I asked you out for the very first time and you said yes. I've never been so happy with anyone in my entire life. We've had our ups and God knows we've had our downs, but we've managed to get through them. I love you with all my heart, when I look at you, I see the most gorgeous girl in the entire planet. No one could break what we have." Sidney stopped talking and gave her a long kiss and then dropped to one knee.

"Taylor Marie, will you marry me?"

Taylor gasped when Sidney opened the box he was hiding in his hands. Sidney silently thanked Vero for helping him pick out the ring. The crowd got very quite and Sidney was starting to get nervous. Slowly a smile crept to Taylor's face and she began nodding her head like crazy.

"Yes!" She screamed.

The entire stadium filled with cheers and the crowd jumped to their feet., Sidney slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her into his chest, kissing her. The team left the bench and joined the pair at center ice, offering their congratulations. Taylor began crying as she hugged the guys and I just smiled at her. Jordan tapped on Sidney's shoulder and pointed in the direction of the runway. Without a word, Sidney turned Taylor so she was looking in that direction. She shreaked when she saw both of our families standing there clapping and cheering with the crowd.

Taylor quickly made her way over to our familes and was surrounded by everyone once again. Sidney couldn't keep the smile off his face, he was marrying the girl of his dreams and he knew it months ago. He just wanted to wait until they've been together for a year.

"She's so happy." Jordan commented as Taylor's mom looked at the ring.

"I am too."

Sidney's best friend clasped him on the shoulder. "You two are great together."

"Thanks Staalsy.'

Just then the horn sounded and the second period was about to start. The guys made their way back to the bench and Sidney made his way for the runway where his skates were waiting for him and so was his fiancee.

Taylor run up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "That was such an amazing surprise. I love you."

"I love you too, baby and happy birthday. I'll meet up with you after the game okay."

She smiled. "Okay, good luck."

Sidney gave her a brief nod before slipping his skates back on and joining his team on the bench. No matter how the rest of this game turned out, Sideny knew that he was going to have a great night. Taylor had said yes to him and he was getting to spend the rest of his life with her. Nothing could get much better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited