Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

19

FOUR MONTHS LATER

I looked at myself in the mirror, butterflies bouncing around in my stomach. I couldn't believe this day was finally here. I was getting married!

“You look beautiful, Taylor.” Vero smiled, standing behind me.

“Thanks.” I smiled back at her.

I turned and looked at my friends. Mandy was my maid of honor, Taylor, and Vero were my bridesmaids. Sidney and I had decided to have a small wedding party, but we knew there were going to be a ton of people in attendance. Sidney Crosby was getting married. It was big news and we were actually letting some press come to the ceremony. I turned and looked back in the mirror, nervous.

There was a knock on the door to the visitors' locker room, yes locker room. Sidney and I were getting married at the Consol Energy Center. I was actually the one who brought it up and that shocked Sidney considering I was the one who always dreamed of having a traditional wedding in a church. But in my head, nothing about our relationship was traditional. Of course he was quick to agree with me and started making the arrangements needed.

“Taylor, Anna is here to see you.” Mandy said, pulling me out of my little daze.

I turned to my best friend and her new baby boy, Caspian. I smiled at the sleeping baby and carefully gave her a hug.

“Thank you so much for coming.” I gushed. “I know this isn’t your ideal place to be. In a room of Pens players and supporters.” I smiled.

“I’ve grown to like them, I kinda have to.” She chuckled, pointing to her bundle of joy. “I’d love to stay and chat, but Geni wants to see Caspian before the ceremony starts and God only knows how long he’s going to be asleep. I just wanted to see you before you walked down the aisle.” She smiled giving me a hug. “You are finally getting married.”

“To Sidney Crosby, none the less.” Mandy added

I blushed and looked down at my flowing dress. I was living my dream, I was getting married and like Mandy said, to Sidney Crosby none the less. I gave Anna another hug before she left. Vero fixed my veil for me and we waited. The next people to come see me were Sidney’s parents.

“Oh Taylor,” Trina gushed, tears in her eyes. “Sidney picked the perfect girl.”

Seeing Trina cry brought tears to my eyes and I knew from that point on that they were just the start. Troy come over and gave me a hug as well.

“He really did pick the perfect girl. I’m glad to have join our family.” He smiled.

“Thank you, both of you. I’m glad to be joining the family as well.” I smiled.

My parents walked in as I was talking to Trina and Troy. Mom was also crying and dad had tears in his eyes. The only time I have seen my father cry was at my grandfather’s viewing. Instantly, I felt sad. He wasn’t here to see me get married. I closed my eyes and looked up to the ceiling. He was with me, that I knew, but it just wasn’t the same at the moment.

“Taylor, are you ready?” Dad asked.

I took a shaky breath and nodded. Mom, Trina, and Troy all gave me hugs and turned to go to their seats. The girls all lined up and we made our way to the runway. Mandy smiled up at Jordan and giggled as he whispered something to her. I shook my head, they still had that little crush on each other. Marc-Andre kissed Vero before they made their way down the aisle. Next it was Taylor and Kris. Finally the music changed, it was my turn. Everyone stood and looked towards the back on the runway.

“Are you ready?” Dad asked, squeezing my arm.

“I am.” Slowly we stepped onto the red carpet that they laid out for this occasion. As I walked down the aisle, I smiled to my friends and even made faces at some of them, causing them to laugh. I scanned the crowd for my mom and sent her a smile. Lastly, I looked ahead of me, my eyes locked with Sidney’s and my breath hitched. He looked so beautiful standing there in his tux. All the boys standing up there did, but Sid stood out. Instantly the tears were back, the love I saw in his eyes and the way he smiled made my heart jump. We finally made it to the end. I turned to my dad and placed a kiss on his cheek and turned to Sidney. Blindly, I handed Mandy my flowers and just kept looking at Sidney.

“You look so beautiful.” He whispered before we turned to the priest.

“So do you.”

As we went through the ceremony, I couldn’t keep my eyes off my beautiful hockey player standing before me. We’ve only been together for a year and in that year we’ve been through thick and thin. I couldn’t see myself with anyone but him. Sidney smiled at me before he read me his vows.

“Taylor, when I met you a year ago, I’m not going to lie, to me I was just visiting another fan. But after I spent the evening with you and got to know you, I realized that you were way more special than a fan. You treated me like Sidney Crosby, the boy from Nova Scotia, not Sidney Crosby the face of the NHL and that’s what drew me to you. Well that and the fact that I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” The crowd chuckled. “Taylor, I love you and I know I’ve done some stupid stuff in the past year, but I promise not to make those mistakes again. I promise to love you unconditionally and to be there for you, even when I’m not here. You are my best friend and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.” Sidney smiled, as he slipped my ring on. His eyes were glowing and filled with the love he spoke of.

“Taylor, your vows?” The priest smiled.

I laughed lightly and wiped away the tears and cleared my throat. I looked deep into Sidney’s eyes and smiled. “Sidney, the day you showed up to my house I seriously thought I was dreaming.” Everyone laughed. “It was the best day ever, but then you topped yourself. You were there for me when I didn’t even know it. You supported me with softball like I support you in hockey. You have become one of my best friends and I love it. I love spending time with you, even if it’s only for a little while.” I chuckled. “Sidney, I promise to love you always and always, always be there for you, no matter win or lose. The things that happened in the past year are that, the past. We will look forward and move forward together. I love you and I too, can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.” I smiled as I slipped his ring on his finger.

“Those were wonderful you two.” The priest whispered and then raised his voice. “Do you Sidney take Taylor to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold through sickness and health ‘til death do you part?”

Sidney smiled down at me. “I do.” He whispered and tears once again sprang to my eyes.

“Do you Taylor take Sidney to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold through sickness and health, ‘til death do you part?”

I smiled through my tears and nodded. “I do.” I whispered, squeezing Sidney’s hands.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. Sidney, you may kiss your bride.” I didn’t look at the priest but I could hear the smile in his voice.

I reached for Sidney as he reached for me. When out lips connected the room erupted with cheers and whistles along with the clicks of cameras going off. When we broke apart, both of us were wearing huge smiles. Sidney turned us to face the audience and everyone was wearing huge smiles. My parents, Sidney’s parents, the Lemieuxs, the entire Penguins team, and even the press.

“Ladies and gentlemen. I am proud to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Crosby.” The priest yelled as Sidney and I started making out way down the carpet. If possible the yelling got louder as we walked.

“Mrs. Sidney Crosby.” I smiled and looked up at Sidney. “I like it.”

He leaned down and kissed me. “You have no idea how much I love hearing that.”

For the next twenty minutes or so we stood outside of the arena and said hello to everyone. Finally it was time for pictures before the reception. Sidney and I took some in the locker room, by his stall, with the Pens logo, and some just together. I took some with Mandy and Sidney took some with Taylor. After we had some fun, we all piled into the limo and made our way over to the hall where our reception was being held.

*****

The reception was in full swing, Sidney and I danced to the song that I heard the night of the New Year’s party. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. Sidney danced with his mom and I danced with my dad. It also felt like I danced with the entire team. I couldn’t stop smiling the entire night. All throughout dinner, Sidney and I held hands and kissed when people called for it.

Finally it was time for the garter and bouquet toss. I went first. I turned my back as all the girls got on the dance floor, I peeked over my shoulder and made sure I tossed the flowers in Vero’s direction.

“Ready?!” I called and when I got a cheer I tossed the flowers, quickly turning around to see who caught them. To my delight it was Vero. She gave me an evil look and I just smiled.

“Alright ladies, clear the dance floor.” The DJ called as he walked to the middle with a chair. He pointed to me and then the chair. “Taylor, this is for you. Have a seat.”

I blushed like crazy and made my way to the chair. I took a seat and continued to blush. Sidney had the biggest smile on his face ever as he made his way over to me. I could hear cheers coming from all around me, most of them were from the guys on the team.

The DJ started playing some crazy techno clubbing music and I laughed. Sidney dropped to his knees and the team went nuts. Slowly Sidney lifted my dress to reveal my legs and ran his hands up and down them. He was driving me crazy. Then his head disappeared under the fabric of my dress and I blushed like crazy as everyone got louder.

“Hey Sid!.” I heard Max yell. “You do know her parents are here and you have all night to do things to her.”

I gasped and looked over at him, clearly he could tell I was blushing so he just laughed and waved. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at Sidney who was now kissing from my ankle to the garter belt. I gasped when I felt his teeth graze my skin before he used his teeth to slip the garter down my legs. When it hit my ankle he come out from under my dress and pulled it off my ankle. He looked up at me and smiled before standing up.

“Have fun down there?” I whispered a bit breathless.

“Oh yes.” He smirked. He leaned down and kissed me. “I can’t wait for tonight.” He whispered

I bit my lip and nodded. In all honesty I couldn’t wait either even though I was a little nervous. Not only was it going to be our first time together, but it was also my first time period. Sidney was getting everything from me. Love, my heart, and my virginity. I leaned forward and whispered in Sidney’s ear.

“Flower.” was all I said, but he nodded. He understood. I got off the chair and went into the crowd to watch Sidney do his thing.

“Ohmygosh you should have seen your face.” Vero gushed. “It was a mixture of embarrassment and pleasure.” She laughed.

I smacked her arm. “Shut up, that was horrible.”

“What was he doing under the dress?”

“Vero!” I felt my cheeks get warm again. I looked around and saw that mostly everyone was paying attention to Sidney. “He was kissing my legs and then he was biting me.”

“In front of all these people? I’ll have to have a word with him later.” She laughed.

“Oh stop it, besides you are needed on the dance floor.” I smiled and pointed to where Sidney and Jordan were laughing at Marc.

Vero saw it too and glared at me. “You two did this on purpose.”

I just laughed and pushed her to the dance floor. Sidney came and stood next to me, putting his arm around my waist and pulling me into him. I wrapped my arm around his and leaned into him as we watched Marc and Vero dance. I felt Sidney kiss the top of my head and I looked up at him. He smiled and leaned down, giving me the sweetest kiss.

“I love you, Taylor.” He whispered,

“I love you, too, Sidney. This has been the best day ever.”

“It truly has, it beats winning the cup and the gold medal.” He smiled.

The rest of the night went by in a blur, the next thing I knew Sidney and I were on our way to our apartment to change and then we were going to Mexico for our honeymoon. As Sidney drove home, holding my hand, I couldn’t help but smile. I was nineteen years old and married to the most wonderful man in the world. One that if you told me I was going to marry a year after meeting him I would have not only laughed in your face, but I would have called you crazy. I was the happiest I have ever been in my life. I was the one and only Mrs. Sidney Crosby. I was living the dream. We arrived home and quickly changed out of our wedding attire and into some comfy flying clothes. Two hours later we were in our seats on the plane heading to out first night together as Mr. and Mrs. Crosby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited