Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

02

I was visiting for spring break and we were walking through the streets after on of Sidney's games. We didn’t say much, just took in the city nightlife. Sidney would look at me from the corner of his eye every once in a while and I could tell that something was bothering him. After being together for almost a year now, I’ve learned to read him.

“Sidney what’s bothering you?” I asked squeezing his hand,

He sighed and stopped walking, turning to look at me. The look in his eyes caused my heart to skip. This couldn’t be good.

“Taylor, you know I love you right?” He asked

“Yeah…Sid what’s going on?”

“I don’t think this is going to work out. We haven’t talked in forever and the only time I get to see you is when I have games which means I don’t get to spend a ton of time with you.”

“Of course that’s the only time we can see each other. I live in freaking Virginia! Of course I don’t get to see you all the time, but I try and you know I do.” I turned my head so he wouldn’t see my tears. “Sidney I love you, please don’t do this. I only have a few more months and then we can spend more time together.”

Sidney was shaking his head. “No Tay. You could try harder, we barely talk anymore.”

“What the hell Sidney? I have classes and then I work. I come home and most of the time I have papers to write or homework of some sort and then I crash. Wake up the next morning and repeat. You’re not the only person that I haven’t talked to in a while. Ask my parents, ask my friends, hell even ask Kelsey. The two of us barely talk because we are so busy and we live together!"

Sidney didn’t say anything, he just stood there looking at me. I had tears streaming down my face now. “I’m sorry Taylor. This is just not going to work.” He whispered and looked away, turning to continue to the car. We were supposed to meet up with the team, but I no longer felt like it. I asked Sidney to take me back to the apartment.

He dropped me off and then headed for the club where I’m sure he was going to get wasted. Once inside, I sat on the couch and cried for about ten minutes. After those ten minutes I got up and ran into Sidney’s room, grabbing my suitcase. I doubled check to make sure that I wasn’t leaving anything behind and walked into the kitchen. I wrote him a note before calling a cab to take me to a hotel nearby. Once I had a room booked, I climbed into the bed and cried myself to sleep. What a way to spend your last day of vacation with your boyfriend. Alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited