Obscure Drop

Seeking The Difference

The bell rang monotonously, yet piercingly, as he jerked from his dream again. It took him several seconds later to gather himself and drag his legs slowly out of the classroom. Mindlessly twisting at his lock, he recalled bits and pieces of his dream; they were hard to fetch, but he was used to doing this, recalling dreams and interpreting them. As his eyes hovered over the tiny white eight, he zoned out, the sound of people talking and slamming their lockers became a light buzzing sound, busy bees at work.


Somewhere around the lake, he could hear the faint rustling of footsteps. He was excited and began to look around, quicker than before. At first, he didn't register it as anything relevant, because the sound of the familiar
lub dub could have been anything else other than a human. He was still new, he could tell; the smells and sounds were so clear, he felt the aching clarity as it came to stay, though it would soon go away. The sun was warm against his oddly striped skin; striped because he'd been lurking in tall grass and the sun had sneaked between each blade, frying his exposed hide slowly. This wasn't natural, for him to be out this bright, because he knew the consequences he'd face if he had too much of a tan. His nose twitched as he identified two people.

There was a giggling sound followed by a soft chuckle. Their hearts began to race slightly, or at least the lower sounding of the two was, and his lips curled at its ends. He crouched down lower, moving silently through the dried yellow grass. The lighter of the two hearts began to catch up with the other and he could hear the sound of a soft moan, his eyes lighting up with interest.


Blinking, he finished the rest of the sequence, dropping his stuff into the locker and closed it. The smell of perfume was strong as it hit him like a salty warm ocean wave, his eyes watering. He blinked a couple of times and realized it was that same girl this morning.

"Hey Jeryn!" She greeted, her eyes lighting up the whole room with their blue beauty.
"Hey Liz, what's up?" His usual greeting for any other person.
"Nothing much really, going to hang with a couple of girls I met earlier; they're going to the skate park, they said there's tons of hot guys down there," She giggled slightly and pulled out her purse, closing her locker and looking back at Jeryn.
"And you?"
"Oh, nothing, just gonna hang with some good friends," His insides began to squirm; the images began to flood again, the dream shaking its attention at him, but he still kept his eyes on her.
"That's cool. You should swing by the skate park to hang with us if you have the time or something. Well anyway, I'm gonna go, ta ta!" She twirled around and bounded for the steps, leaving Jeryn to recollect his thoughts.


In less than a second, he was before the couple; they were at it, she was straddling him, he held her. Their heads were practically glued together; his eyes scanned the girl's naked neck, his mouth watering as he could hear the pumping, the closing and opening of her heart's valves. He reached forward and grabbed her arm; pulling her towards himself, he came face to face with Liz, their eyes falling into one another. The thirst overtook his default emotions and he sunk deep into her neck, submitting his will to the powerful pull of the sweet and bitter juice that flowed through her veins. Pulling his mouth away, he licked his drenched lips and glanced over to see that the male was a familiar. Dropping his victim, he came face to face with himself.
And he was mad.


Almost as if the bits and pieces of his dream had left him breathless, he deeply inhaled and exhaled, looking around to reassure himself of his location. He was already down the flight of stairs so he took a turn to the left and walked a short while, turning right and exiting the building. This dream was different and it bothered him. The wait for Jake to arrive dragged on as he pondered the meaning of it, and he could only come up with two interpretations. The first was that, since he'd frequently as of recent, dreamed of feeding on people, he was slowly turning into a cannibal; the thought was insane, so he implemented insanity with the first interpretation. The second was, if he were to metaphorically put it, he would somehow ruin his love life. He hoped that both of those were way off and it was just a dream, but the detail was far too clear.

Rusty honked for what seemed like the hundredth time before Jeryn came back from his deep thoughts. He got in and they drove off; Rusty started the conversation off asking what he was doing just standing there and not meeting him up at the usual place after school. It slowly turned into a discussion about their final exams, then Jeryn mentioned the accident and told him about meeting Liz. They spoke very shortly of it and before moving on, another wreck was amongst the streets ahead of the two. There were at least five cars smashed into each other at the intersection, and Jeryn could spot three people getting out from the smoky scene as the cars began to puff their last breathes of life out. They seemed unharmed, or so until he saw one collapse. Rusty took a left turn and the wreck along with those who were in it fell behind them. Turning on music again, they sat in silence until they'd reach the church. They unpacked their gear and practiced for a couple hours until Jeryn suggested the skate park.

"Hang at the skate park?" Rusty repeated, giving him a weird look.

"Yea, this new chick said we should swing by and chill a bit. We got time, why not?" Jeryn set his guitar pick between his lips, biting on it; it was a habit that most guitarists pick up, a habit that shouldn't be followed. He merely shrugged following his statement as if to show he didn't really care.

"Dude, we barely get to practice, c'mon man," Sid protested, holding his Ibanez carefully as he sat down on the steps that led to where the priest would stand and give his sermons. Along the platform was a PA system that hooked up to a couple of microphones. During breaks, at times, they would mess around and make alien like voices, putting it on speaker; it would echo throughout the church, which gave them all a good laugh.

"Hey, we could grab a few energy drinks on the way back," Jeryn gave it another try and looked around at each person, hoping they'd give in. Sid, who was a freshman, got a little excited at the thought of getting an energy drink; he slid out of his guitar strap and set his precious blue instrument down, nodding. Jake simply shrugged, holding his huge B.C. Rich bass; he was trying to fix his volume knobs on his bass again. Tony had his earphones on and connected to his amp; he was off in happy land, his playing could barely be heard as he ran his fingers along the fret board.

"Alright, I guess…" Rusty said, trailing off slightly; it seems as if the energy drink comment barely convinced him.

"I'll stay here with Tony, you can take Jeryn and Sid," Jake said, still twisting his knobs around. Tony looked up and noticed what was happening and his question was drowned out by the sudden rush of wind as they opened the church's side door. They first drove to the gas station where they got their energy drinks, making their way to the skate park.

When they reached their destination, Jeryn spotted Liz and her friends who sat at nearby benches. The group of guys who stood around the bench on her side talked and laughed. They were a few feet away from the edge of a huge bowl that ran and squirmed around more than half of the whole park, graffiti filling up every square inch that existed in the bowl, overlapping each other as if to fight over the land it encompassed. The park was about roughly two blocks long, but it was pretty vast in area because of the width. He made his way over to where she sat and opened his can of Monster, taking a sip.

"Sup Liz," Jeryn greeted, Rusty and Sid trailing behind him.
"Hey Jeryn! Those your friends?" She tilted her body to the side to see and he nodded.
"Yea, just swung by to say sup," He said, looking at the guys around her. The two freshmen that were fighting before in the lunchroom stood side by side, both turned away from each other and talking to others around them. He thought it was a bit odd but turned his attention back to her.
"Well, I'm just making new friends!" She seemed excited, but Jeryn shrugged and nodded.
"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, have fun," He waved to her shortly and turned around, walking towards Rusty and Sid. He didn't like the atmosphere so he decided that it was time to leave.
"Oh, okay, bye!" She waved but he didn't catch it, turning to her friend, eying him as he walked away.

"That was quick, if you know what I mean," Sid said and laughed, sipping his can of Monster. They all went back to the car and drove back to the church; the rest of the night went by pretty quick, and for some odd reason, Jeryn wanted to go to bed. Not because he was tired, but because he wanted to see what he'd dream of again. He wanted to seek the difference between his dream and life, whether there was a difference or not. But then again, he could be thinking too much.

After getting back to the apartment, he took a shower, changed into his pajamas and climbed into bed, shutting off his lights. He closed his eyes and waited, hoping it would come quick as it did. His mind melted as he drifted off.


He threw the furry mass of body across the field of cars, watching as the body land on a truck and smashing it; the truck was a ford pickup, and it was practically rust on wheels. Turning around, Jeryn leaped up into the building, crashing through the window with ease. He hissed lowly, hearing the heartbeat of a child nearby. The scared little boy was hiding underneath a desk; lifting up the obstacle before him, he threw it out the window, grabbing the child by his shirt. Just seconds before he was able to sink his teeth into the pale boy's skin, the door was blown open. He threw the child towards the man who held the shotgun and made a mad dash towards the wall sized window again, turning back. He zoomed in on the man's face, watching as Rusty cock the gun and fire.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one may be a bit rough...but it was done late in the evening XD