Status: This is only gonna be three-chapters, so don't expect anything long.

Prevention

Chapter 2: Life.

7 months later

Thankfully, after this terrible “tragedy” passed me, Zack started returning to normal again. He started talking more, drinking his usual amount, laughing and joking with me like it had been before her. He came over to my house almost every day so I could cook for him; then he would sit with me and we’d watch movies. I loved it. I loved being with him. Without Gena, life seemed to be getting sweeter for me…

The papers…I have to get rid of them so no one knows. Zack had gone to the studio and called to say he was coming home soon. I didn't have much time left. I ran to my bedroom; grabbed a pile of papers that were on my desk, and soared out into the hallway. Ichabod-our dog-trotted behind me as I took the ladder to the basement. The space had a low ceiling, was dark and had a musty smell to it. All kinds of boxes lied around; I could see places were the old wallpaper had been torn off. There were so many places to hide something, but I only looked for one. I finally found the corner high up near the window peeking outside. I stood on the box near the corner and pulled the block of wood from the wall. I quickly folded the pages and stuck my diary entries in there. No one would find them now...

3 years later

“Judie, would you marry me?” He said with his romantic charm. The ring was gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as he looked.

“Of course I will.” I hugged him…

“Now the bride and groom will share their first dance.”

I smiled brightly as all our friends and family clapped for us. My cheeks turned pink as Zack held me close to him and kissed me. His lips tasted so incredible; I was glad I would taste them forever. My heart leaped when I thought about if Gena had been there to see me married to him…

“Oh Jude…baby.” I loved it when he called me ‘baby’, especially before he came.

He was magnificent.

1 year later

“What are we gonna call him?”

I stared down at the beautiful baby boy in my arms. He was so small and delicate. He had Zack’s eyes, and his nose. I knew he would grow up to be exactly like his daddy. I just knew it.

“James…Like your dad…”

3 years later

“Melanie and Melody…Those are cute names babe…”

“They look like you, Judie-kins.”

10 years later

“I’m sorry Mrs. Baker, but you have a cancer in your left breast.”

I cried for months…