Status: A new story.. Lemme know whatcha think =)

Menace

Jaycee, run

“Jaycee, when did Evan die?”

“2 years ago.”

“And what happened with that?”

“We were at the park one day, and we were mucking around, pushing each other on the swings, when it starts to rain. We jump off the swings are go to run across the street to get to shelter when a car, out of control because of the rain, crashed through the fence and smashes into Evan. I’m screaming because there was so much blood, and the car just reversed and drove off. I never got the number plate. Evan was on the ground, trying to talk to me. I was crying so much, screaming out his name as his eyes start to close and he holds onto my hand. The last thing he ever says is ‘I love you, Jaycee’, and then he was gone. My best friend, in the entire world died.”

“I’m sorry dear, but that’s the end of the session. I’ll see you next week, and we’ll pick up where we are.” Miss Jones says as she stands up and walks out the door.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I walk out the door minutes later and head off to find a job. I didn't much feel like work today. I tried a few places; cafes, markets.. Even fast food. I finally decided to lower my plans, and tried a few clubs and pubs. I found this place, called Smash; a cute little pub in one of the back streets of New York. The owner, a middle aged guy called Mark, hired me on the spot. He asked me to start straight away, and he'd organise uniforms for me in a few weeks. So after a phone call to my parents to tell them I'd be home late, I started work.

I started off just unpacking some boxes, learning where things were meant to go simply from the left over few bottles remaining on the shelves, and asking the Mark and the other girl about the rest. It only took a few hours.

By the time I left early the next morning, the place was nearly empty. Just a few stragglers; all either fat, balding 50 year old men, probably single and just wanting a pretty girl to notice them, or people sitting along, not wanting to go home to their self-destructing marriage. Either way, they were lonely, and extremely intoxicated, which they can't blame on anyone but themselves. We were just about to kick them out, forcing them to face their problems, and to realise the shocking hangover they'll have in the morning.

As soon as I walked out the door, the ice-like rain whipped sharply at my face, making little tiny goosebumbs pop up all over my body immediately. I look at my watch quickly and notice that it's almost 3am. I guess this is a good job; making the time pass so quickly. I start to make my way home, making only a few wrong turns on the way.

Alright, 15 minutes to get home from work.. I'll have to remember that, and try to not make the wrong turns next time. I don't much like the idea of being lost, alone late at night in a place filled with drug dealers and rapists. Best to get home quickly.

While I was walking in the front door I was thinking that I hadn't heard from Evan in a few days. I liked the silence. Especially since I saw the look on his face last week. I didn't think he'd ever hurt me, but I was still a bit creeped out.

Jaycee...

Evan I don't want you here. I can't talk to you. Please.. Just go away.

Save me, Jaycee.

What was I meant to save him from? He's dead.. I can't do anything. He isn't real. He isn't in danger. I'm not crazy..
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated second chapter.. Or.. Completely changed second chapter. =) x