Status: Paused for editing past chapter 14 till 20 or more.. Fixing mistakes before continuation. Comment advice or just wait silently.

Let the Rain Kiss Me in You

Bryan Bismuth

I got out of a head lock from Devon. I jabbed at him and we all stopped as Ms. Harnuet the Principal passed by us. She always had her lips pursed and she stared each of us down before turning the corner. We were finst burst out laughing when Ms. Harnuet fell down and Natasha grabbed her bag and ran. I was closest to Ms. Harnuet and I am a momma's boy so I helped her up knowing I was going to be messed with about it for at leat a week. But, I saw Natasha's eyes. They were almost completely full of tears. After Ms. Harnuet thanked me and straightened her grey dress suit I ran in Natasha's direction.

While I was running I wanted to know why I cared? I know she has friends. So, I could let them handle it, right? No. I remember when me and Natasha were friends. She always messed up my hair cause I always did my stupid impression of a sterotypical dumb blonde after that one day.

"Nae? What are you doing?"

"Nothing." she said before she shook my hair. in my face. I smirked and gasped in two tons of air.

"Oh! Oh my! Eeeek! My hair! The volume, the luster, the fake highlights! They are ruined!!" I said in a nasally snooty voice. She laughed so hard that first time. I honestly haven't seen her really laugh since elementary.


I rushed out the doors to the gym and the girls' locker room was open. Well, broken into. I stepped inside anyway and walked to the light in the back corner.She looked up at me when I stepped around the lockers. She had a cut, no, a gash on her wrist. I looked at the blood picked her up and turned on the shower. I took off my School jacket and my shirt and stepped in and leaned her onto me.

I wanted to ask why she was still not speaking. I pulled up her shirt slowly and she nodded. She had on a green tank top underneath her shirt. I scooted us closer to the water and took her wrist and washed the blood away to see that it was just a cut. But, it cut her vein and it was slowly opening. Natasha was going pale. I grabbed a towel from the storage closet and wrapped her arm. I put my jacket over her and put my shirt over her head cause she winces at the light coming from the window when I walked past. I got in my car and drove as best I could making millions of sideways glances at Nae. I haven't called her that in a while.

"Nae? What happened? Please say this was accidental." I looked at her to see a faint smile. Her unbandaged hand touched my hair.

"So you kept that hairstyle all of this time why Bryan?" she shrunk back into the passenger seat. I smiled back.

"Well, now that you're asking me.... um, well, honest truth is you told me to never have short hair cause my head would look huge and .... something else."

"Disproportionate." she mumbled as she scooted onto the glass on my window.

"Yea. Then, you said. Also any longer and I look like my sister and mom from the back.

I drove into the ER driveway and hurried to get Nae to a doctor. They saw us half dressed and looked at Nae's pale lips. I lifted her cut wrist and started speaking I hadn't known I was panicking till Nae scratched my shoulder in a strange soothing way with her good hand. The nurse made a call and told me to follow her. We got to the double doors where non-employees aren't aloud at and a Doctor and some other nurses came out with a table. I slowly placed Nae there and went back to the front office.

I couldn't stop moving anyway till I knew Nae was alright. It was just a simple wound. Se will be fine. She obviously would most likely want this to be a secret from the gazillion gossipers at our school so I ran to my car and went back to the school and grabbed our stuff. Me and my friends were at a yearbook meeting when this all started. Well, except for the fact that the janitor had left without leaving the photo room unlocked. So, they weren't in the hall no more luckily.

I got our stuff out of the girls' locker room and ran back to the hospital. I opened Nae's backpack and saw her address book I gave it to the nurse so that she could contact Mrs. Copper. I suggested the work number first. I could see I was annoying her and walked away. Mrs. Copper came immediately. But, on a stretcher. I drove to Nae's house after telling the Nurse that Mrs. Copper just passed by. I grabbed Nae's stuff and put it in my car. I drove to her place and saw a squad car take a man out of Nae's house. I got mad and ran past the yellow tape.

"What did you do to Natasha?! And her mom!" he just smiled at me. I punched him in the gut and was tackled down by another officer.

Natasha? Please live. Please?