Status: Paused for editing past chapter 14 till 20 or more.. Fixing mistakes before continuation. Comment advice or just wait silently.

Let the Rain Kiss Me in You

Bryan Bismuth

‘I can’t believe that stubborn girl! She pushed me away. I didn’t know what was going on. I could have lost her again. I am gonna ban her from going to restrooms without me. I know she isn’t fragile. She sprained the varsity captains ankle back in 8th grade. Just I am so mad at her. And I know I shouldn’t be. Damn it Nae.’

“I need to calm down.” I mumbled under my breath heading into Nae’s class to get her backpack when I see Chris already has it. He holds onto it and grips my shoulder. “I’ll tell you later man.” I say shaking my head and following him back to the nurse’s room. I know that smell. Mom? I step in after Chris and see mom signing Nae out.

Nae turns to Chris and thanks him and completely ignores me. She follows after my mom who is reminding me of something as I focus on Nae’s back. Chris stands in front of me and Ms. Gregory asks if I feel ill too. Chris answers for me and I grit my teeth huff off to class. I chuck my bag into the corner and kick it next to my seat. After yanking my chair out and dropping my book on my desk everyone’s silence filters in. Chris being my bro cracks jokes on my tantrum and everyone else goes chill. I strain my attention to take notes for the rest of class and stop growling over Nae.

Chris is already packed up with his earbud in waiting for me to copy his page from when I took a lap in the hallways.

“You ready yet man?” he said. I clamped my binder down and chucked it in and nodded. The bell went off and I was halfway down to the lunchroom when I hear Christie’s annoying voice. It seems a lot more irritating in my current mood.

“Bry! Bryan! I need to talk to you!” she says clicking over in her knee boots. I only realize that because she is pretty much wearing a thong and calling it a skirt. Nae would never look like that. “Why haven’t you asked me to next month’s winter ball?!”

“First of all shut the hell up with all the yelling skank bag.” Chris interjected standing between her and me. I smiled and shook my head. Chris has hated her since she used him to get to me and took his emergency card and bought a bunch of Victoria’s Secret with it.

“Shut it Victoria boy. Your dad still trying to get you to come out?” He clenched his jaw and pulled me past her only for her to pull me to her. I snatched my arms from both of them and turned to Christie and put her at arm’s length because she is starting to look more disgusting than usual.

“Christie it’s next month. Wait for a date till then.” I say beating around the bush since Nae doesn’t want to be outed and I don’t want to go with Christie regardless.

“Oh come on. Just say you’ll take me now and make it easier for us. Or do you have someone else in mind?” she says sounding more like she is threatening me.

“Christina I just don’t feel like dealing with anything so unimportant right now.” I say turning away from her and back to Chris and food.

“Unimportant? I tried to be nice but are you going out with that Natasha from soccer season?!” she yelled. I ignored her and opened the lunchroom door when she yelled out again. “Tell me if you’re dating that serial killer’s bitch! I saw the news and I know how to read a roster. And you guys would only be together now since she was almost butchered. She wa-“, I let her get too much out and some people were whispering. Even worse my temper was out.

“Shut the hell up! My mind your own business! And leave me alone! I don’t like your stank attitude! You know who you can go to the dance with?!” Then George and Leland had both my arms and carried me into the football locker room. I was breathing hard and I couldn’t shut my eyes hard enough to take those words out of my head. I grunted and threw my fist at the closest locker. I dented it and my arm hurt but I was still pissed and kicked the benches into each other.

“Chill man. We’re all out of tranquilizer darts.” George said pushing the benches back. He sat down and I realized a bag with to go boxes. “I was surprising you guys but my crazy twin aunts showed up and made a ton of food. Have at it.” He layed out all 6 boxes and opened them all. I sighed and they all eyed me for an all clear.

“Sorry guys. I just can’t talk about what just happened yet.” I told them.

“Whatever dude! Do you not see all this Tex-Mex food?!” Leland said curling up with jalapenos and grilled chicken. There was a bunch of giggling and one laugh that made my butt hurt.

“What’s that face for? You haven’t looked that pale since got the wrong grade of a D- back in freshman year.” Chris joked with a mouthful of honey BBQ wings. There was a knock at the door. I knew better than to step out first and sheepishly nodded to the door for Leland. He licked his fingers loud and hilariously exaggerated his thumbs and stepped out the locker room.

“Who is it? Ow! Dang gurl! Yo man! You knew this wild hottie was gonna do that, didn’t you?” he yelled.

“I owe you man.” I said laughing with the others. Heather peeked around the corner and winked at me making a pinching motion in the air. Then her eyes widened.

“I want some. That looks delicious.” she said walking in until Amber grabbed her by the collar. She grinned and shrugged with her hands in defeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I posted back in April but that server thing happened. But, anyways I hope you like. I've got two more planned. Spoiler: Just a bunch more drama.