Status: Paused for editing past chapter 14 till 20 or more.. Fixing mistakes before continuation. Comment advice or just wait silently.

Let the Rain Kiss Me in You

Natasha Copper

Natasha.. Hun. I'm grounded and suspended. Christie had a special issue of the newspaper focusing on the news report that revealed your full name. I tore alot of them up but I accidentally started a fire. accidentally being I wasn't tearing enough of them up and Christie was trying to grab some out of the newspaper room. Maybe we can talk later but just so you know why I'm not texting back if you need me. Sorry hun. I tried. Stay strong till I see you again.

I can't. Too much. I can't. I'll beat her. I'll tear her to pieces. Christie. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you more than the jerk who put me and ma in the hospital. You're worse than him. I'd save his life before yours. I stare out the window. The backyard wide open. The gate. I can jump that. I feel dizzy. A little sick.

Hey! Chill! Don't do this to Bry. He is waiting. Don't hurt him. You'll regret it.

Shut up!

But you're freaking out.

"Can't regret what you don't do." I whisper aloud to my inner crazy.

"Nae? What was that? What are you doin'?" he asks getting back up and jiggling the knob. I'm impulsive and I need space. I open the window quietly. This is kinda hard with the cast. But I am desperate. No shoes. One sock. Wild ponytail. I probably look like a druggie or something. I am just going to go to the park. Hopefully it's empty. I need quiet. Bry will figure it out. I'll wait till he gets me. I'm halfway through the window when I crawl back on top of the hamper and get my lipstick and write 'Sorry Bry.' I cap it. Drop it in the sink and head back out.

I scoot till I get to the narrow part and in a failed attempt at being a ninja I drop down and was doing good till the wheel on the trash bin moved and started to tip. Of course it made noise. I heard Bry yell and with all the guilt I've ever felt I ran across his backyard and stubbornly and painfully climbed the wire fence with my cast. I fell and bust my hip and got mud on my one sock and in my toenails. I'll deal with that later. I got up limped a few steps then ran like I was on the wrong side of the soccer field. I kept going. I saw the slow your speed sign. I wasn't sure if it was my emotions or how hard I was running from my problems but I was huffing and crying by the time I got to the edge of the park. I leaned on the sign. Picked stuff off my sock and worse my slightly bruised foot. Then kept going till I got to the arch.

"Thank God. It's empty." with wobbly legs and dried mouth I stumbled my weary self to the swings. I plopped down. Listening to the chains creak. I put my cheek against the chain. Cold. Probably covered in bacteria. But, it's a swing. The epitome of the meaning of childhood. Then I sobbed. Everything I cried about earlier just resurfacing. All this homework. The pain with my arm. Christie and her fucking meddling. My period starts this weekend. At that I did some disgusting huff snot thing and dropped my head. My mom. Dad? Everything. Whether or not it's irrelevant. Lastly, and most heart achingly importantly. Bryan loves me. Now?! "Why now?!" I blurt out. Cringing into myself. Then I scream. Bryan had touched my shoulder and I freaked. I had a hysterical laugh. And he grabbed me. Fuck. He is gonna yell.

"God fucking dammit Nae! Why?! What the fuck were you thinking climbing out the window! If you really wanted to be alone I would have left! And you'd be safe. Not bruised and cut up! Don't do stuff like that! Ever! To anyone! Especially not me!" He pulled me closer to him with his mammoth hands cupping my arms. I tried pulling away. But I just broke. He looked at me. His jaw gritted and his eyes red, watery, and set on mine. Then of course I did something to ruin the mood. I turned and dry heaved. My head started throbbing. “Idiot. Running on an empty stomach on top of crying your eyes out. Come on. Get in the damn car and we’re headed back ho-… to my house.” He stood up. Not taking his hand of my shoulder. I wasn’t moving. So he yanked me up. I winced a little and limped. My bare foot was scraped. He released one arm and continued to drag me. I was hurt that he was being so rough. A little turned on actually. What the hell is wrong with me. But more than the lust and the physical pain I was so guilty.

Should have listened to me an hour ago.

Shut. The fuck. Up!

So… Now we are in an awkward silence. His knuckles are going pale. And his mom is home. Fuck.