Status: Paused for editing past chapter 14 till 20 or more.. Fixing mistakes before continuation. Comment advice or just wait silently.

Let the Rain Kiss Me in You

Bryan Bismuth

She was still wide awake. But, what did I expect ? She was asleep for 4 straight days. I would be more confused if she was sleepy already again. She saw my tired eyes. She hugged me and smiled.

"Get some sleep. Wait. Did you do your homework?" I thought and I did nad I didn't I still didn't do my Language Arts paper.

"I just have a paper to do and it's due at the end of school anyway. I'll do it at lunch." Even though I usually go with Chance, Eli, and A.J. to Devin's house to play XBOX for half an hour since Devin lives closest to the school.

"No. You do your homework now. She slwly got out of bed and waddled backwards to my backpack. She lifted it with ease.

"Don't you think thats heavy?" I have 3 textbooks and 2 fully loaded binders in that thing and even I sometimes get winded just walking to classes. She laughed and shoo her head at me.

"I would expect you to at least be able to handle a few books. I am in all Honors and AP classes. COmpared to the crap I have to lug around all the time, your bag is heaven to me." I sneered at her cause she didn't have to act all superior. We only have Honors-Chemisty and AP U.S. History together. She mumbled an apology as she came to me and opened my bag. She turned it to me and I took out my Literature book, binder, and tablet.

"So, what is the paper on?"

"The Taming of the Shrew."

"Of course it has to be Shakespeare." she said in disgust.

"You one of the girls who thinks him a shovonistic pig don't you?"

"No. I think he was just being an entertainer to shovenistic pigs. Also I am sick of him being in everything throughout High School. I would rather Edgar Allen Poe. He was more of a down to earth person."

"Down to earth he died in a ditch."

"No.No,no,no Bryan. He was found in a ditch and put into a hospital where he then died once coming out of his drunken stupor."

"And still you rather him over Shakespeare?"

"Yeah? His writings are true tragedies." I just dropped the subject and started reading. I started reading out loud to clear the silence. She layed next to me and silently read along and of course never resisted a chance to correct me if I skipped a line or mispronounced one of the old english words. Once I finished the last paragraph of the last scene she read off the prompt.

"Was the shrew tamed?" I sighed. Cause I was too tired to do think that answer through. It had just hit midnight and she closed the book for me and put all my stuff in my bag she was finst to get up and I held her down with my hand and grabbed my bag and put it back in the corner myself. I don't want her overworking herself because I am being lazy. I took out my iPod and she put her hand out. I layed down and was at the mercy of her roaming fingers. She smiled and then Hello by Lionel Richie came on. She took one of my earbuds and put one in anf I had never heard her sing before but wow.

"You have a beautiful voice Natasha." she smirked and stopped singing. I probaly should have just kept quiet. I layed back and she pulled the covers over us. I got out again and instead of heading home I called my mom told her I decided to stay at the hospital and aske her to wake me up when she comes in tomorrow for the morning shift. Then, I changed into my sleeveless XL shirt and my basketball shorts from Sophmore year. She was already sleep. So much for her not going to sleep so soon.

I put the earbud back in my ear and layed on my back and the movement woke her up slightly and I moved her head on my arm she smiled and scooted a little closer and I was asleep listening to her medium snores. Never telling her that unless I want to get hit or pushed . I honestly didn't think I was gonna catch myself.

"Hello? Is it me you're looking for? I can see it in your eyes. I can see it in your smile. You're all I've ever wanted. And my arms are opened wide. Cause you know just what to say. And you know just what to do. And I want to tell you so much, I love you."