Something Called Trust

one

Ten years later.
"Your a freak. Nobody even knows your name!" the girl sneered in my face, "Not that we care anyways. But it would be so much more fun to make fun of you if we could diss you with out having to say ' that creepy girl'." Then her and her possy walked away laughing. I didn't take anything to heart, they didn't know me, nobody did. Well except for Shadow. Right now he was running around a tree so I called him back.
"Shadow!" I put two fingers in my mouth and whistled.
"Ooh the mysterioius one talks!" Dune clapped once, twice, three times. I just cocked my head at him, " You have a nice voice. You should do it more often." Then he walked away leaving me stunned. Nobody had ever said anything nice to me. Benifits of living in a crappy community home. Though it did have its upsides for one I could walk so quietly now that you would hear a pin drop before you heard me, also I learned how to fight at an early age so I was quite capable of taking care of myself and three, I was a master at the art of stealing. I know not the best trait to have but it helped when the only word you said was Shadow. People picked on me so over time if they did I would nick a few things from their rooms and give it back after they went crazy.
But after that I started taking stuff from stores. Not incredibly valuable stuff just some donuts, chocolates, once I even took a tub of ice cream. Those were things I took because Victoria, the foster parent for the community home, barely fed us. The most we ever got in one day was bread and butter for breakfast, tuna pasta for lunch, and some more bread and butter for dinner. So now you see why I took it.
But I could not only steal stuff from stores, I could steal stuff right off people too. Once this girl was picking on me so much that I saw red. By the time she had turned around I had two of her bracelets in my hand. Don't ask me how I did it because I couldn't tell you. It's just something that I did when I was mad at someone.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
It was friday again. I sat in the corner, not really expecting to be adopted. Parents usually went for the younger ones. And at sixteen I was definetly not a little kid. Plus people didn't really take to my dark mute persona. That's why it was such a surprise to me when an older couple came over and said hello.
I gave a small nod and waited, "This is Harry and I'm Grace. It's nice to meet you. What is your name honey."
Just then Sarah, the girl from earlier, spoke up, "Ha! Nice try getting her to tell you." The older couple just looked at her, "Gosh. She doesn't talk." Now they nodded.
"Well that's okay." Grace rummaged in her large purse, "Here if you want to tell us you can write it on this." She handed me a note pad. I contemplated writing my name but decided against it. Apparently she noticed my look and told me, "Don't worry I wont show anyone else."
Finally, I wrote it down, Scar. I showed her and she looked up at me with confussion. So I put my pen back to the paper and wrote under it, Scarlette. Now she nodded and smiled to me.
"Would you mind if we adopted you?" Well that was unexpected.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOpe you like it!