Status: constant updates(:

Last Time Around

Thirteen

It's been four days since Nick and I spent our day at the mall and we've been texting. So far, he hasn't let me down. He has come by to keep me company at work and then buy me something small to eat when I get off. But today, I don't have to work and I still want to see him, but I felt like I was kind of neglecting Leah. She has been really busy with her soccer practice so it's not like she's alone, but tomorrow is Saturday so I should probably do something with her. Maybe finally take her bowling, she'd like that a lot.

I was thinking all this through as I waited patiently for Leah to come out of school. My phone was in my bag behind me and began singing loudly. I struggled trying to reach for it but when I finally did get to it, I answered it just in time.

"Hello?" I was trying to quick to answer that I didn't see who it was.
"Hey where'd you go?" It was Jessica. "We were supposed to go to tutoring today with Connor." I'm surprised she even noticed I wasn't there. Ever since she started dating Connor she hasn't shut up about him and talk about forgetting about me. Trust me, I'm not mad, because frankly, I saw it coming. Plus, I have Nick. Wow, did I just really say that?
"Sorry, I forgot. Plus, I needed to get Leah today. She doesn't have soccer practice."
"Oh, well okay." Jessica paused. "Well what are you doing this weekend? I'm going to the mall with Connor and maybe a movie. You should come with us." And be a third wheel? No thanks.
"Eh, I'm so sick of the mall. Plus, I promised Leah the weekend." I added.

I swore I heard her say 'don't you always' but I'm not sure. I brushed it off and said goodbye because I saw Leah coming. She climbed into the car looking very happy.

"What are you all smiley about?" I asked driving away from the school.
"Life is good isn't it?" Leah answered back and I turned to look at her while we were at a stoplight.
"Okay, what happened today?"
"No, I'm serious. I mean, despite Mom and Dad being gone I still have you. And that's all I need. And I'm very thankful." Leah said very seriously. Like I said, Leah was very mature for being only nine years old. I smiled over at her messed up her hair.
"What put you in a mood like this?"
"Well," she started and then spoke really fast. "You remember Drake Martin?"
"The boy in your class that you like?"
"Yep. Well he asked me if I wanted to hang out this weekend. And gave me his house number to call him and see what we can do." She jumped excitedly in her seat.
"Whoa now!" I said. "You could be going on a date?" I asked.
"No!" Leah said. "We just wanna hang out." She corrected me but I saw a smile creeping up on her face.
"Oh well I was going to see if you wanted to go bowling this weekend but never mind." I joked with her.
"Well why can't we all go!" She asked.
"You think Drake would want to go bowling?" I asked.
"I don't see why not. You should ask Nick to go too so you don't have to be stuck with two kids." Leah suggested.
"You mean so I'm not bugging you while you're on your little date with Drake!" I mocked her.
"Noooo!" She laughed and grabbed my backpack and reached into it.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Looking for your phone." She replied.
"Why?"
"Because I'm going to call Nick." Leah said in a 'duh' voice.
"Wait, what?" I said but it was too late. She was dialing the phone.

"Hey Nick!" Leah exclaimed.

Nick's P.O.V.
"Samantha?" I asked.
"No, it's Leah." The voice exclaimed.
"Oh, hello then." What could they be up to? "What can I do for you Leah?"
"Well tomorrow, Samantha is taking me and my friend Drake bowling, and I figured she didn't want to be there by herself with two kids and I wondered if you would like to go with us. I think it would be nice if she had somewhere there with her." Leah finished.
I would love to! I screamed in my head but I tried to play it cool just in case Samantha was listening. "Yeah, that sounds great. What time?"
"Um, hold on. Samantha what time you would like to meet with Nick at the bowling?" She said. "You're on speaker by the way."
"Oh so did he agree or are you forcing him?" She asked laughing a bit and I tried hard to not smile like a fool.
"Oh, I'm not being forced." I laughed.
"You tell him, he can meet us at the bowling alley at around two." Samantha's voice was lovely.
"Okay, one problem though." I answered back.
"What?" Samantha and Leah both asked. You could tell they were sisters by their voice tone.
"I don't know where the bowling alley is at."
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter but i promise the next one will be much longer.