Status: constant updates(:

Last Time Around

Sixteen

Nick was picking me up in half an hour for our date. Leah, very excited for me, had agreed to go to our neighbors across the hall and stay there until I get back. Nick had text me and said that it was a casual date, but look decent. I don't know what he had come up with, but I was equally excited and nervous. I dressed in a very nice pair of skinny jeans, and a white tube top that was long and it had a graphic design of a rose on it. Over it, I wore a black open vest that was long as well. I put on my black ballet flats, determined to not give me any height. Applying little make up, I was ready to go.

Nick, quite on time, had picked me up and while we drove we just talked. He mainly talked about his day due to the fact that I didn't want to talk about mine. But it was good enough. He seems like a very busy boy. Apparently, it was his mom's birthday this week and they were planning something very special for her. On top of that, he had a meeting today with his record company about new music video's needing to be produced. Also, sometime this week, he is supposed to go to the studio and record some new songs with his band, Nick Jonas and the Administration.

We paused our conversation as we pulled up to the place. It was a small, outdoor restaurant over looking the lake. I'm guessing they only opened up in the summer time. But it was still beautiful. It was a large white platform that was lined with white lights and filled with tables that were set up beautifully. I felt really under dressed. But Nick assured me that I looked fine. To the right was a few steps that led up to a smaller version of the white platform but nothing on it.

When we sat down and ordered I looked up at Nick who was smiling.
"So how come you've never talked about your band and stuff with me before." I asked.
"Because I talk about it enough I guess. It just shocked me you haven't asked me yet." Nick smiled.
"I guess it could get pretty boring to talk about the same thing over and over again."
"I wouldn't say boring." Nick shrugged.
"Well then tell me something that you don't usually tell."

Nick began to tell me about his band mates and all the crazy things that they do behind the curtains before shows. He told me that he loves the photo shoots because he feels like he's creating his own persona and not just a Jonas Brother. But he still misses his brothers when he's on tour. It's not the same when he's on the bus because since his members are all older than him,they aren't all really into the monkey business that teens like us would love to get into at night like him, Joe, and Kevin used to.

When our food arrived we ate in silence for a moment.
"What are you thinking about?" Nick was the one to speak up now.
"I just feel bad that you have to be separated from your brothers and that, even though you love what you do, it gets a little lonely sometimes." I admitted.
"You feel bad for me." Nick asked skeptical.
"Hey, we already agreed we don't need a sympathy card here." I pointed out to him, knowing though that he didn't mean anything by it.
"I know, but I mean you've been through so much, and I have a life, that some people would kill to have, and you feel bad for me. It's just unusual that's all."
"I am a very unusual person." I joked but with no humor in my voice.
"And that's okay." Nick smiled and I felt my stomach get all butterfly filled.
"So enough about me, how was your day?" Nick asked. This is what I tried to avoid. I'd much rather keep listening to him talk but I told him anyway about my classes, upcoming exams, and lunch with stupid Jessica. Minus the conversation about him that I had with Tyler.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." Nick said sincerely. "And not all celebrities are like that!" He said defensively and I cracked a smile.
"I know." I said looking down at my plate. "She's just being Jessica, that's all."
"Why do you put up with it?" Nick asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, why not just stop being friends with her, or better yet, stand up to her and tell her to knock it off." Nick suggested.
"Um, well the thing is, Jessica holds grudges easily. And she will get back at you if you do something harsh to her. And she has enough dirt on me to pretty much ruin my reputation in that school." I shook my head, furious. Ugh, she pissed me off.
"What rep?" Nick joked.
"My quiet, innocent girl who takes care of her little sister and passes by with A's and B's rep." I joked back.
"And what dirt does she have?" Nick asked curiously.
"Um, just some past stuff that I'd really rather not share right now." I said nicely and Nick didn't push it. Instead, he lightened the mood and asked me to dance.
"Where? And there is no music." I said as we stood up. He took me lightly by the hand and led me to the smaller platform that had lights lining it as well, but no tables. Oh, dummy, it's a dance floor.
"I could sing to you myself." Nick suggested.
"Really?" I asked, blushing.
"Well, I much rather talk to you, but if you'd like." Nick smiled and I laughed at him.
"No it's okay." I giggled and placed one had on Nick's shoulder and left the other one in his hand. He had placed his other hand lightly above my waist.

"So if your graduating next week, am I allowed to attend this graduation?" Nick asked.
"I think Leah would enjoy your company there." I smiled.
"But would you want me there?"
"I would love if you were there." I said slowly.

As Nick and I talked, we were interrupted by a mom, probably mid forties, with a younger girl. "We don't mean to interrupt, but could we get a picture with you. My daughter is a big fan."
"Of course." Nick said as politely as he could.
"You're girlfriend could get in the picture too." The lady suggested.
"Oh no, it's okay." I quickly said and stepped out of the way.
I watched as Nick took the picture and began to think. So this is what he went through all the time. Random people coming up to him, asking, or demanding, for a picture to keep for the rest of their life. This is the good life? I guess so. And yes, I still felt bad for him. But I wouldn't say that.

We went back to dancing, but this time, Nick had wrapped both of his arms around my waist, and my hands went around his neck. We rocked back and forth while Nick hummed a little tune and I listened intently. Of course I had no idea what the tune was but I didn't care. This moment was everything to me. But of course, everything that goes up, must come down. It was getting dark and I had to get home to Leah before it got too late

When Nick pulled into the parking lot of the apartment, he waited as I got Leah, and when we got to my door, Leah quickly went inside.
"Well Miss Samantha James." Nick smiled.
"Mister Nicholas," I joked back.
"Will I get the opportunity to do this again?"
"What, walk me to my door or go on a date again?" I asked giggling.
"Both." He said back.
"We'll see." I smiled. Which was a definite yes in my head.
"Alright then." Nick grabbed my hand and kissed it lightly before walking away.

I stepped into the house and closed the door slowly behind me. Leaning against it, I nearly dropped to the floor.

"Oh my god." I mumbled. Trying to wipe the goofy smile off my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwww, i'm all happy again!(:
feedback?