Status: constant updates(:

Last Time Around

Eighteen

Today was the big day. The second most important day of my life. I was graduating! My nerves were screaming but yet I was so excited. This was the next step of my life! Yeah! But right now, I was just trying to get dressed.

Last week, the day after I got fired, Nick took Leah and I to his house for his mom's birthday. The family seemed to have taken to me and from what I've heard Nick has already told them about me. I've seen them a few times after that and I love being around his mom. She is incredibly sweet and the total mom that I haven't been able to be around for a few years.

So I decided to invite them to my graduation and they very eagerly accepted. Nick's family were going to meet us there and Nick was picking Leah and I up to take us to the high school. The graduation was on our school's football field and the weather was already starting to warm up. I decided to wear a pair of jean shorts and a white 'Love is the Movement' t-shirt and black converse. Of course, no one would really see it till after because it would be under my gown.

I walked out of the bedroom with my gown and cap in hand. Nick look adorable, as usual, and Leah was ready to go. We drove up to the high school and I gave Mrs. Jonas a hug.

"Are you excited?" She asked me smiling.
"Very!" I smiled. "I've been waiting for this!"
"I bet." She linked an arm through mine and we talked while Leah held onto my hand on the other side. The boys walked behind us whispering about something that I couldn't really hear because Mrs. Jonas was chatting away with me. I didn't mind though.

Soon, we reached the school and I had to go to a certain classroom so our class can get in alphabetical order. Everyone hugged me goodbye and wished me good luck. Joe told me not to trip on the stage and Leah laughed as she followed Joe and Kevin.

"So, what are you planning to do after?" Nick asked me.
"I don't really know."
"Well, would you like to come back to my house with Leah and my family to celebrate. My mom would really like to throw something for you." He smiled.
"Really?"
"I think she likes you." He whispered and I giggled.
"I'd love to."
"Okay, see you soon then." Nick said and pulled me into a small hug. I didn't want to let go but walked away toward my class.

I have ditched hanging out with Jessica, Connor, and Isabella and instead I've been with Tyler, Jenny, and Allison. I really like being around the two girls. But Jenny was a Junior like Tyler and Allison was a Senior like me. So when I walked into the classroom and saw her immediately and joined her. I didn't really understand why Jessica didn't like them. I think she made fun of them because they were different. But so am I so I can only imagine what she could have possibly said about me to Isabella when I wasn't around.

Allison was sitting next to me because her last name was Jackson. So now, she was the only friend I had in my Senior class.

We got up and started moving toward the stage. Ah, I suddenly got nervous. As if reading my mind, Allison turned around to face me.
"So I know we've only been friends for like two weeks now, but I really like you and I can see you being a really good friend of mine! So I am comfortable to say to you that I am so nervous right now!" Allison said.
"Oh me too!" I sighed. "And I feel the same way about the friend thing. You are truly a great friend!" I exclaimed back and we hugged.
"We better stay in touch after this day!"
"Of course. You have my number." I said smiling.
"As you do mine." She said back. I could feel this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
"Allison Jackson!" The announcer said and I heard a few people shout.
"Here I go," Allison shrugged and walked up stage.
"Samantha James!" My name was announced.

I looked up as I was strolling up stage. I saw my little group in the middle of the stadium. Cheering. Shouting. I saw Joe with Leah on his shoulders hollering. Next to him was Tyler and Jenny and Nick was also there standing up. I smiled and grabbed my diploma, shook two teachers hand and the principles, and hurried off stage. I quickly found my seat, waited until our row was filled until we could all sit down in unison.
"I almost tripped over my shoelaces!" Allison exclaimed to me.
I looked down and saw that we both were wearing converse sneakers.
"Nice." We laughed together.

After the graduation, we all dispersed and I found my group. Hugging plenty of people, Allison had come and found me, Tyler, and Jenny. I introduced them to the Jonas family and my little sister. Mrs. Jonas kindly invited them over to the house if they would like to join in on my celebration. They said maybe, but now, they had to get back to their families.

We were all walking toward the parking lot when we saw a big limo stretched out by the entrance. I watched as I saw a bunch of rich kids piling into the limo and saw Jessica and Connor joining them too. Really!? They hated all of those stuck up rich kids. Why in the world are they with them?! I tried to brush that off and just linked one arm through Nick's arm as he led me to his car. I'd much rather be in there with him than a stupid limo.

Nick drove me over to his house and I took off my gown and set it in the front seat of his car. I got out and when I walked inside, the strong smell of cooking hit me. I loved it. Everyone was just so comfortable with each other. We had a big meal and then Nick, Joe, Leah and I just hung out in the game room playing guitar hero. Leah went against me and then I went against Nick. Nick beat me unfortunately.
"So you got me at bowling, but I totally own you in this game!" Nick smirked, sitting next to me while Joe and Leah played.
"You don't own anything sir!" I joked back. I noticed that Nick had put his arm around me and that I was pretty much snuggling into his arm. It's like my body took over and put me there. I didn't mind though.
"Okay then." Nick shrugged.

Nick and I talked in what seemed like hushed voices because the music from the game was so loud, Leah and Joe couldn't hear us.
"So Joe," Leah asked while playing, "when are you guys going on tour again?"
"Actually, we've got one coming up in a few weeks!" Joe exclaimed. Neither of them took their eyes off the screen. "Why, are you going to come to one?"
"I want to!" Leah said back.
I looked up at Nick. "You're leaving."
"Just for a little while." He said, not looking at me.
"How long is a little while?"
"A few months." Nick said slowly.
"Months." I said looking down at my hands. "Right."

Later on, Nick had taken Leah and I home. At my door he stopped me after Leah went inside. "What's going on?"
"What do you mean?"
"You've barely said a word since I told you about tour." Nick shrugged.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled and looked away. "I just don't want you to go."
"Really?" Nick almost seemed shocked.
"Really." I looked back at him.
"It wont be for too long, I promise." Nick tried to comfort me but it didn't work. I was getting mad now.
"Yeah, and you'll leave and end up not calling me at all and soon just forget about me and go on dating some beautiful celebrity." I said, trying to hold my anger.
"I wouldn't do that. You know that I like you. What makes you think any different?" Nick said reaching for my hand.
"Because," I started looking through my purse for my wallet and found the picture of Nick and I taken two years ago. "It already happened once." I said handing him the picture. "Do you remember that? That was me and you, two years ago. Before you left on tour, when you promised you would stay in touch. So please Nick, don't make promises you can't keep." I said and turned away. Going inside the house before Nick could see me almost break down.
♠ ♠ ♠
i stole the tour idea from Monix. (: check out her page and stories.! it's on my profile.!