‹ Prequel: Florescent Adolescence
Status: Complete.

This Modern Love

I'll Wait For You.

We were at Mason’s house, watching Star Wars. Natalie had never seen any of the movies, sending all of us in a panic. I knew she was extremely sheltered, but everybody has seen Star Wars.

Louie was sitting next to Mason on the love seat. Kevin was sitting next to Joanna on the couch, fiddling with her waist-length hair. On the other side of Joanna sat Natalie, who was holding Shaun’s hand and giggling. Scotty and I sat on the opposite side of the living room, on the smaller couch.

I stared intently at Natalie, who kept whispering to Shaun, and tugging on his curly red hair. I wanted to walk over there and shove her face into the wall, but I know Shaun would never forgive me.

He still hasn’t forgiven me for the last fight we had. It had been three months since I had exploded at him in his room. Our relationship had fallen apart. The only time we talked was when Mason decided to play Dr. Drew and leave us alone in the same room. Our conversations were usually the awkward ones that always started off with talking about the weather. I guess he was waiting for me to apologize, but it wasn’t going to happen.

Scotty noticed my evil glares towards Natalie, and tried to put his arm around my shoulder.

I pushed his arm away, and lightly shook my head.

Scotty pushed his eyebrows together in confusion. “Are you okay?” he asked, trying to put his hand on my face.

I turned my face away from him, and scooted down to the opposite end of the couch.

Scotty folded his arms and shrugged in a hurt manner. Louie noticed the tension between us, because he turned his head toward our direction and darted his eye between Scotty and I.

I felt embarrassed, rejected, hated, and hurt by Shaun. I had been down and not myself since our fight. I really wanted to talk to him about it, but as soon as I mentioned it, he left. Scotty noticed the change, and tried his hardest to cheer me up, but failed. I felt even worse about tearing down Scotty like I was. I always ignored him, or just kept him from touching me unless I wanted a hug. I grew tired of him being the rebound boyfriend, and wanted him to be happy with someone else, but he wasn’t giving up.

Shaun started kissing on Natalie’s neck, making her squeal. Joanna buried her head in Kevin’s chest, trying to shield her ears from the noise.

“Candace, are you okay?” Louie asked in a concerned voice.

I turned to look at him shrugging my shoulders.

“You look like you just seen a ghost,” Mason added.

I shook my head. “I thin I’m getting sick. I’m just going to walk home,” I said weakly, getting to my feet and stepping into my shoes.

“Mind if I walk with you?” Scotty asked sourly.

“Come on with it, then,” I mumbled, walking towards the door.

“Feel better, Candace!” Natalie squeaked at me.

I stopped in the doorway with my blood boiling. I couldn’t yell at her, so I slammed the door as hard as I could, and started speed walking down the driveway.

Scotty closed the door behind me. I heard his heavy footsteps, jogging to catch up to me.

“Are you going to tell me what’s up?” he asked, zipping up his jacket.

“The same old bullshit,” I answered.

Scotty slowly nodded. “The whole jealousy thing still?” he asked.

“Yep,” I answered, kicking a rock to the side of the road.

“Well, I think you’ll get used to it in time,” he sighed.

I rolled my eyes at him and scoffed. “Yeah, right. They’ve been together for almost four months now. I’m still not used to it.” I stopped walking and sat on the curb.

Scotty took a seat next to me and rested his elbows on his knees.

“Sure you will. I think that it’ll just take a while, but you’ll be okay,” he said with a small smile.

I shook my head and turned away from him.

He let out a deep sigh. “You might not believe me, but I know what I’m talking about.”

I kept silent, violently picking at the grass.

“What? Are you not talking to me now?” he asked, chuckling.

“That’s correct,” I mumbled.

Scotty lightly laughed. “Well, I’ll be here annoying you with my opinions, and loving you.”

I quickly turned my head. “You what?” I asked, hoping my ears were failing.

Scotty shrugged. “Bugging you with my philosophy and loving you.”

I slammed my head on my knees. “Don’t tell me that, Scotty!” I whined.

“What? I’m just saying,” he said, laughing.

“You’re making me feel bad!” I growled.

“Don’t. I knew what I was getting myself into when I agreed to this. I know exactly what I’m doing,” he explained. I could hear the smile in his voice.

“But I’m not okay with it! I feel like I’m hurting you,” I admitted, bringing my head up from my knees.

Scotty rubbed my shoulder. “Complete opposite emotions there. I’m fine, I really am. I know what I’m doing, and I’ll be okay.”

I rested my head on his shoulder. “I can’t believe you,” I mumbled. I felt extremely flattered and scared at the same time. I didn’t want to hurt Scotty anymore than I already was.

He put a strand of hair behind my ear and kissed the top of my head. “Don’t I know it?” he smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter was short, but I needed to get it out there.

Apparently, I didn't make it clear that I was going to be gone for a week due t spring break. You won't believe the threating messages I've gotten due to lack of update. o.O

BUT IT'S HERE! So enjoy it! ^_^

I think I'll go back to updating daily, but first I need some suggestions!
So shoot them at me my faithful readers! ^_^

Also, it would be great if I got some banners! :D
I made one, but it had a shadow of a child, and I didn't want people to assume things. o.o

LEAVE IT LOVE! <3