‹ Prequel: Florescent Adolescence
Status: Complete.

This Modern Love

What Are You Holding Out For?

I walked into Shaun’s room, shocked by its clean appearance. I looked around the room I hadn’t been in for months. Our wall had the same pictures up. None added, and none taken down. The pictures that I was going through were sitting on the dresser on a nice neat stack. I felt my heart tug a little.

“You cleaned this place up here, Chief,” I observed with a smile.

Shaun stood up off of his bed, which to my surprise was made up neatly.

“Yeah, I figured I should, you know, clean it up before I left,” he said with a large smile. It seemed as if the old Shaun was back for a minute. The Shaun I knew for forever always smiled. He could be talking about the most uncomfortable subjects, and he would still wear a smile that showed all his teeth.

I sat on the edge of his bed, taking off my shoes.

“So, what’s up?” I asked, patting a spot next to me on the bed.

“I met her skating partner,” Shaun said, plopping onto the bed.

“How did that go?”

“He’s an ass,” he scoffed, rubbing his face. “He looked like a queer in his tight pants and V-neck rhinestone shirt. He kept insisting that I was going to mess up their skating routines by her absence.”

“Was that all he was assy about?” I asked, picking at his hair.

“Yeah. He was getting after her for it more than me. But, I’m to blame for the trip.”

“Well, he can get over it. It’s not like you’re stealing her away forever,” I shrugged.

“What did you do today?” he asked.

“Oh, God,” I sighed.

“What?” he chuckled.

“I spent the day playing mom to Mason, Kevin, Scotty, Louie, and a new addition to our family,” I answered irate.

“Who?” Shaun asked curiously, tilting his head.

“Keir Dillon.”

“Why does that sound familiar?”

“Because he used to beat up me, you, and Louie when we were little. He was Kevin’s best friend,” I answered.

Shaun nodded quickly.

“Yeah, I remember him. He’s already causing problems?”

“You know it. Him and Louie were playing with light sabers, and broke one of the shelves.”

“That’s awesome,” Shaun snickered.

We sat in silence on the bed for a while. It was kind of uncomfortable for me. I felt like I was cheating on Scotty all of the sudden.

Shaun cleared his throat, and took a deep breath.

“Look, I know I apologized to you earlier, but I still feel like you’re really pissed off at me,” he said innocently.

“Well I have to admit I’m not super thrilled,” I sighed.

“I know, I know. I just don’t you to be mad at me until this thing is over, you know what I mean. Because when it is over, I don’t think you will easily forgive me,” he shrugged, staring at me with glossy eyes.

“What makes you say that?” I questioned, trying to find something else to look at besides him.

“I sure as hell wouldn’t forgive me,” he chuckled. “Joanna calls me a douche on a daily bases, and I have to agree with her. I don’t like being this way towards you, you know what I mean? It’s irritating to the both of us.”

“You got that right,” I mumbled.

“Which is why I want to say that I truly am very deeply sorry, Candace,” he said.

I slowly nodded, taking in the sincerity of the apology.

“Now, I want to make it up to you,” he began. He opened his nightstand and held a purple wrapper in front of my face.

I grabbed the condom from him and stated laughing.

“What, do you want me to make you a balloon animal or something?” I teased, not taking him seriously.

“No, Candace, I’m serious,” he said in a deep voice.

“But what about Natalie?” I asked with a huge smile still plastered on my face.

“She doesn’t need to know,” he answered slowly, picking at his arm hair.

“You are serious,” I said, the smile fading from my face.

“I’m going to be gone for two weeks. That leaves you and Scotty here with nothing to do. I thought it would be nice to do it so you guys aren’t bored all break,” Shan shrugged.

“You’re going to have sex with me so I can have sex with him?” I tried to clarify.

“Well, yeah.”

“Or, are you doing this so you can have sex with Natalie?” I asked darkly.

Shaun started to laugh.

“No. Louie pretty much killed that idea from the get-go,” he laughed.

“How?” I was unconvinced.

“He was just imitating possible sex noises of hers and that destroyed any desire to do it with her EVER,” he explained with wide eyes.

“I don’t know about this, Shaun,” I mumbled, biting my lip. “I feel like a whore.”

“Then call Scotty and ask him,” he shrugged with a small smile.

“Yeah, I’ll ask my boyfriend if I can have sex with my best friend,” I scoffed rolling my eyes. “I’ll get right to that after I park my flying car.”

“Just call him,” he instructed, handing me his house phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm hoping to update this very quickly. But, I must say OH SNAP!
Tell me your thoughts! Don't leave yet, though! Gotta stick it out to the end!

I don't have much to say, since it's two AM and I'm tired.

LEAVE IT LOVE!