‹ Prequel: Florescent Adolescence
Status: Complete.

This Modern Love

As The World Falls Down.

We bowled three more games before we decided to leave. Joanna and Mason were tied two of the games, and were shit talking the whole time. Kevin and Keir got bored a long time ago, and started to update each other on what they have missed out on growing up. Scotty acted a little better. He was still moody, but he at least tried to look like he was having fun. Shaun never quit glaring at me. He looked as if he wanted to back-hand me right then and there. I tried to avoid his angry gaze, but I could feel his stare drilling into the side of my head like lasers.

“I kicked your ass!” Joanna teased Mason. We were all hunched over, putting on our regular shoes and gathering the rest of our stuff.

“You did not!” he disagreed, tying his shoe.

“That’s bullshit. You got owned!” She grinned.

Mason shook his head.

“I’ll be the bigger person and let you think you won.”

Joanna mumbled something under her breath. I’m sure it was a cheap shot at Mason, because he threw a piece of popcorn down her shirt.

I took it upon myself to talk to Shaun, who was sitting as far away from me as possible.

“Think we can chat?” I asked quietly.

Shaun walked out of the bowling alley, putting my shoes and his on the counter as we passed.

“Shaun, I’m sorry,” I told him sympathetically.

He crossed his arms and bit his lip.

“That was really shitty, Candace,” he growled.

“What was shitty?” I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

“What are you apologizing for then if you don’t know?” he snapped.

“No, I’m not answering your question until you tell me what’s so shitty,” I refused.

“I make Scotty upset because we had sex, and you let him beat me up? He is allowed one punch from the Crew Pact. I got two and was bitched at. You knew what was going to happen, and you told me to go ahead on back there and get my ass kicked,” he said angrily.

“I didn’t know that was going to happen, Shaun,” I informed him, quickly running my hand through my hair.

“Bullshit!” he exclaimed. “You knew exactly what was going to happen!”

“Why are you blaming what Scotty did on me?” I asked, trying my hardest not slap Shaun upside the head.

“Because everything he does to me involves you,” he scoffed. “You are the main reason for this whole thing. If you weren’t such a drama queen, everything would be perfectly fine!” he shouted.

“I am so sick of you blaming me for everything!” I screamed. Shaun blinked at the shrill in my voice. He kept staring at me as if he was waiting for my head to spin.

“I’m sick of being made out as the bad guy in this! I’m so sorry that I didn’t immediately rush into your arms! I’m so fucking sorry that I wanted to explore other people beside you! I’m so, oh, so sorry that I cared about somebody else other than you, Candace!” he yelled, waving his arms about.

“You’re a fucking dick!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. My throat felt like someone just ran a knife down it.

“And you’re a selfish, whiney bitch! Go cry about it to your precious boyfriend!”

“I hope you get hit by a fucking big rig, you piece of shit!” I yelled, storming off to Scotty’s car.

“Oh yeah? I’ll go ahead and do that! Right after I get Natalie to kick your ass!”

I stopped in my tracks and spun around on my heels.

“I DARE YOU TO GET THAT BITCH TO KICK MY ASS, YOU FUCKING BITCH ASS GINGER!” I shouted, my body shaking from the violent yell.

“Oh, yeah! Take a hit at my hair. And I’m the asshole!”

“You are the asshole!” I shouted back, trying once again to get to Scotty’s car.

“Yeah, I’m the asshole because I’m having someone else hit you instead of doing it myself!” he hollered after me.

“Hit her and see how long you live,” Scotty yelled, charging his way over out of the bowling alley exit.

Shaun got in Scotty’s face. They were so close, their noses were touching. It was like an intense cross-eyed staring contest. They were both snarling at each other like dogs.

“Scotty, just forget it,” I commanded. “Let’s just go home”

Scotty chuckled in Shaun’s face.

“You ain’t nothing’ but a punk bitch,” he smiled. He backed up towards the car and unlocked the driver side door.

Shaun stood still with his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw clenched. His breathing was heavy and I was honestly scared of him. I had never had a fight like that with him. I felt so bad for the both of us. I should have kept my mouth shut after I kissed him at that party.

I jumped in the car, and Scotty drove like a bat out of hell from the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I think the poo just hit the fan. =/ The chapter seemed more powerful in my head than it did when I wrote it down. >.>
Tell me some suggestions about what should happen in the next chapter, althoug I already have some good ideas you might like. C:

I posted Chapter one of the new Scotty story! Click HERE to read it.

I'm hoping to run by a good updating schedule. I update one story, and then the next, and do it as a pattern. Instead of like update one story five times a day and only update the other one once.

So, leave both stories some love! Also check out my friend's Mason story! Click HERE to read it.

LEAVE IT LOVE! :3