‹ Prequel: Florescent Adolescence
Status: Complete.

This Modern Love

Say It Ain't So.

Scotty and I didn’t talk the whole ride home, or the rest of the night. He wouldn’t even look at me. He didn’t even sleep in the same room as me. He bunked on the couch and left the early the next morning.

I sat on the couch with Joanna watching 16 and pregnant.

“I’m afraid that’s going to happen to me one of these days,” Joanna admitted, biting her nails.

“You aren’t sixteen, though,” I chuckled.

“I’m one year ahead of them. Ooh, big gap!” she said sarcastically.

“You and Kevin already having sex?” I asked, turning down the TV volume.

“Yeah, but it’s not like a daily thing. He likes to piss me off, so that ends the booty trail,” she scoffed.

“Kevin is such an ass,” I laughed.

Joanna nodded with wide eyes.

“But, I love him anyway,” she sighed.

“I wish Shaun would be as easy to deal with as Kevin. At least he usually comes around. Shaun just expects everything to be peachy keen the next morning.”

“Yeah, the whole bowling alley heard you two having it out in the parking lot last night,” Joanna informed me, braiding a stray piece of hair.

“I just don’t know what to do anymore. He just infuriates me to no end. I can’t even stand to be around him anymore,” I vented.

“Maybe you should just give up,” Joanna shrugged. “I know its way easier said than done, but if he drives you that way, then why keep coming back?”

“Scotty won’t let me. He is sort of forcing me to want to be with Shaun. Like he won’t let me be close to him at all.”

The door slammed, making me and Joanna jump. Kevin dragged himself into the living room.

“Hey, babe,” he greeted, kissing Joanna on the head, and flopping next to her on the couch.

“Maybe Scotty is scared of you?” Joanna suggested.

“Oh, God,” Kevin scoffed, rolling his eyes and slamming his head on the back of the couch. “Did I just walk into girl talk?”

“Yes, you did. Now shut up,” Joanna replied.

“May I put in my two cents, Candace?” Kevin asked, putting his feet on the coffee table.

“Go ahead,” I shrugged, not really want to hear Kevin’s bitching. But, he would sneak it in there anyway if I said no.

“I have to hear about your problems every single fucking time you two talk,” he pointed from Joanna to me. “It’s fucking annoying as hell. I’ve heard enough to know what’s going on, and I can tell you this right now,” he continued, pointing his index finger at me. “Leave Shaun the fuck alone, man!”

Joanna leaned away from Kevin to look at him with crazy eyes.

“Look, he said he would wait for you. So quit fucking bothering him about everything he does with his girlfriend. When he’s ready, he’ll come to you. But you nit-pickin’ at everything he does with Natalie, drives all of us insane. Scotty included,” he rambled.

“Way to be, Kevin,” Joanna spat, angrily punching Kevin in the thigh.

“Speaking of Scotty,” he continued, completely ignoring Joanna’s punch. “The dude totally kisses your ass, and you aren’t even sleeping with him! I know that’s because he won’t let you, but you treat him like shit, dude. I sure as hell wouldn’t take all that shit like he does.”

“You aren’t getting any for a week,” Joanna growled.

“That’s alright, I got a hand I can use,” Kevin shrugged, still not looking at Joanna. “Candace, you are making this a way bigger deal than what it actually is. You pick one, and leave the other one the fuck alone. Plain and simple,” he explained with a shrug.

“It’s not that easy,” I snarled, shaking my head.

“You’re just not trying,” he disagreed. “Shaun is leaving for today. You got to talk to him before he decides to bitch slap you and leave you all together.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“I say this out of love,” Kevin began, grabbing my face to make me look in his direction. “Chose one, so I can get laid without having to listen to your love triangle. Kay? Thanks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Gotta love Kevin.

I know this chapter was really short, butI hope that the next one will hve some legnth to it.
Suggestions? Thoughts? Anything?

Don't forget to Check out the Scotty story!! Two chapters have been posted! :D

LEAVE LOTS OF LOVE! <3