‹ Prequel: Florescent Adolescence
Status: Complete.

This Modern Love

Up, Up, And Away.

My house phone started ringing. I was too tired to get it, and covered my ears with my pillow.

“Candace,” Scotty croaked. “You’re phone is ringing.”

“Answer it,” I mumbled.

Scotty groaned and reached over my head to grab the phone.

“Hello?” he breathed into the phone. “Yeah, she’s here.”

He started tapping the headboard to make it sounds like footsteps. Then he knocked and held the phone out to me.

“Candace, your mom is on the phone,” he informed me.

I grabbed the phone from him and put it to my ear.

“Hey, mom,” I said into the phone.

“Honey, its four o’clock in the afternoon. Why are you still asleep? You haven’t been staying up late partying, have you? Why is there a boy in our house? I told you only Mason and Shaun could be over,” she rambled.

“Mom, Shaun left this morning, and I had to help him pack. I took a nap because I was tired. No, I haven’t been partying, and the boy is just Scotty,” I recited with closed eyes. I was still so tired.

“Yes, about Shaun,” she began. “I just got a call from Marsha, and she was wondering why you didn’t want to go see them in Colorado. Is something wrong?”

“I did want to go. Shaun told them I didn’t want to because he wanted to take his new girlfriend instead. She and I don’t get along very well, so he thought it would be for the best if I hung back,” I explained.

“Oh, Sweetie,” she said sympathetically. “I’m sorry, Honey. Who else went with him?”

“Mason and Louie. Kevin didn’t go because his girlfriend has to work, and Scotty was invited,” I answered.

“Oh, that’s why Scotty is at our house?” she asked.

“Yeah. I think we’re going to Mason’s house later for some movies. Or to Joanna’s job.”

“Who is Joanna?”

“Kevin’s girlfriend.”

“Oh, okay. Just be careful, Honey. We’ll be home next Friday,” she said.

“Alright, bye mom.”

The phone went dead and I tossed it on the ground. My parents weren’t very involved with my friends. They knew who they were, but they really didn’t bug me about what kind of crowd they were. They knew Shaun, of course. But they didn’t really care to know if Kevin was a drug dealer, or if Louie was a crack head. The only reason that they trusted Mason as much as they did was because Mason, myself, and Shaun used to be the closest friends. We used to eat crayon shreds and stuff together. That was until Mason’s mom put him into Hockey and he made other friends. In example; Kevin.

Scotty wrapped his arm around my side and rested his chin on my shoulder.

“Now that the day is half gone, what do you want to do?” he asked.

“I dunno. It’s just us, Kevin, and Joanna. I’m sure their off doing something,” I shrugged.

“We should go rob a bank,” he teased sleepily.

“I want to watch The Mighty Ducks,” I blurted out.

“What?” Scotty giggled.

“I want to watch The Mighty Ducks,” I repeated.

“Or, we can go watch Apolo and JR at the skating rink. Mess with them a little bit at their practice,” he suggested.

“Won’t Apolo’s dad kill us?” I asked.

“That’s the fun part!” he cheered, kissing my neck.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"We can go, but if Apolo's dad gets too mad, then we have to go."

"Alright. But tomorrow, we are going to the beach," Scotty informed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of wanted to bring in a parent for this chapter, since I usually hate on stories that have parents at home that are never mentioned. I wanted to kind of establish the relationship that used to be.

This is just a filler chapter. I'm hoping to hvae some chapters stored up at a time. But the problem with that is that I forget some ideas, and I always want to hear you guys' input and ideas. (:

So keep the ideas coming because I LOVE TO HEAR THEM!

LEAVE IT LOVE! <3