‹ Prequel: Florescent Adolescence
Status: Complete.

This Modern Love

Salt Water Kisses.

Scotty and I loaded his car up with towels, coolers, and extra clothes for our beach trip. We packed the night before. Apolo and JR went to a different rink to practice, leaving Scotty and myself with nothing to do.

I was never considered a beach babe. I didn’t really like nasty ocean water, or soaking up sun. But today was a beautiful day to be outside, and it gave Scotty a reason to show off his sexy six pack.

We were both lying on the beach towel we brought with us, resting on our elbows.

“Candace, we’ve been here an hour and haven’t been in the water,” Scotty pointed out.

“I’m not getting in that water,” I informed him, shaking my head.

“Why come to the beach then if you’re just going to sit here and fry yourself to death?” he asked, getting to his feet.

“That water is brown!” I hissed, pointing at the nasty murky water.

“It’s more of a silver color,” he corrected.

I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

“I’m not getting in that water.”

Scotty let out a sharp breath and grabbed me by my ankle.

“Yes, you are,” he insisted.

I knew what he was going to do. I started kicking and squirming trying to get out of his grip.

“Scotty, don’t do it!” I shouted.

He wiggled his arms underneath me and lifted me off of the ground, trying to get me to stand on my feet.

“The main part of the beach is the ocean, Candace. And it’s as hot as balls out here, and I’m not going to go in by myself,” he said. He threw me over his shoulder and bent me around his neck so I couldn’t move. My awkward position didn’t keep me from trying to get away.

“Scotty Lago, put me down! I do not want to contract diseases from that nasty water!” I yelled, punching his back, the only thing I could reach.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for your hospital bills,” he said. “But will you quit kicking? You almost got me in the face.”

“I don’t want to go in the water, Scotty!” I whined, hugging his arm upside down.

“Too bad,” he shrugged.

He walked into the water. It was at the height of his knees before I really started freaking out. My grip tightened on him, and I tried to climb up his body to stay dry. He knew I wasn’t going to let go, so He slammed the both of us into the disgustingly warm, brown, salt water.

I resurfaced as quickly as possible. Scotty was waiting at the top of the water with a sly grin.

“I hate you,” I spat, trying to swim towards the shore.

Scotty wrapped his arms around me and dragged me back farther away from land.

“C’mon, Babe. Stay in the water with me,” he begged, kissing my neck.

“Why?” I grumbled.

“Because I love you,” he said sweetly, kissing his way up to my ear. “And ’cause I don’t want to look like a fool splashing in the water by myself.”

“How long are we planning on staying here?” I asked, trying hard not to give into his evil tactics.

“The night,” he answered, resting his head on my shoulder.

“What?” I asked in shock, turning my head to look at him.

“I got us a hotel, right over there,” he said, pointing to the large Holiday Inn visible from where we were swimming.

“Why?” I asked quietly.

“Because I’m nice, and that’s what boyfriends do? Besides, it’s not like we have anywhere else to go for break.” He sounded really offended.

“Babe, I wasn’t trying to be rude,” I said, cupping his face with my hands. “I’m just a little surprised, that’s all.”

He quickly kissed me on the lips and hugged me.

“You haven’t even turned a shade darker,” he teased.

I flicked his ear and pushed him away from me.

“I wasn’t trying to tan, asshole,” I sneered.

“You’re still as white as paper. I know for a fact you glow in the dark,” he continued to joke.

“Keep it up, Scotty, and I’m going to pull your junk off,” I threatened with a grin.

“You promise?” he asked slyly, clearly taking it the wrong way.

“Ew, you’re so gross!” I exclaimed, splashing water in his direction.

He laughed, showing his dimples and splashing water back at me.

“What do you think the hotel room is for? The free soaps and towels?” he asked.

Of course! How could I have not thought of it? The answer was quite obvious.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

Scotty slowly nodded his head with a grin.

I jumped into his arms and squeezed him into a hug. I started kissing his arms, neck, collar bone, and face.

“Thank you, Scotty,” I squealed.

“Eh, It’s nothing,” he shrugged, wrapping his arms around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw. That's cute.
So, I have a feeling all my Shaun fans are going to kill me for the next few chapters. But don't worry, it's only about two or three before Shaun weasles back into the picture. Along with Louie! God, I miss writing his funny lines. :)

So, toss out some activites for Scotty and Candace to do for break, and it'l get Shaun back faster!

Also, I've been getting a lot of questions from my readers about my inspiration for this story, who the characters are modleed after, and things like that. So, If you want, you can just drop a question in the comment box or in a message, and I'll answer it! It gives me something to do. ;)

Also, Check out THIS STORY!

LEAVE IT LOVE!