Status: Completed!

The Rollercoaster Life

One of Those Nights

She didn’t come back to the barbecue. Her brother said she wasn’t feeling well, but I knew that that was bullshit. I may not have gone to college, but I wasn’t stupid. I’ve been with enough girls in my lifetime to distinguish an excuse from a real reason – and being sick was an excuse.

I didn’t know Jency well enough – if at all – to judge why she wouldn’t want to come back over. Sure, I knew what the tabloids said when we were younger, but that isn’t anything. But there was something about her that intrigued me. It was almost as if she didn’t want to be famous, and yet her she was making a record. It was strange.

One good thing did come out of her not coming back however. I wasn’t distracted (because, to be honest, when she was here, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her). I could actually focus on her band mates, which, as I guy, I knew was a sure fire way to get closer to Jency. Get with the friends, get with the girl. Not that I wanted to get with her...just get to know her better...you know what I mean.

By ten, even Quinn was getting pretty hammered, and had finally resigned himself to sprawling across the putting green, still clutching a Guiness. This guy was awesome.

“Alexander!” He slurred out, waving an arm at me. “Come join me here on this lovely little piece of landscape design.”

I walked up to join him, unable to stop myself from glancing up to Jency’s bedroom window, where the light was on. Was she watching me too?

“Pop a squat, good sir,” Quinn said, smacking the ground next to him. “Would you like a Guiness?”

“No, man, I’m good,” I replied, sitting next to him. I had to head to the studio the next morning, so a hangover would not have been good. “How are ya, liking LA?”

“LA is shite,” he replied in annoyance. “Where are all the hot babes? Pamela Anderson and Britney Spears?”

“You’ve been here two days,” I laughed at his drunkenness. “Don’t worry, just head out to one of the beaches and announce you’re Irish. The hot babes will be flocking to you.”

“Do you have someone special in your life, Alex?” Quinn asked, leaning towards me and looking me straight in the eyes.

“Are you coming on to me, Quinn?” I chuckled, pushing him back away from me, so much so that he swayed all the over and I had to straighten him up again.

“Nope, sorry. To be honest I think I’m developing a bit of a bromance with Jack, hope you don’t mind. No, I was just asking for Jency.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Jency?”

“Yes,” Quinn nodded vigorously. “She’s short. Brown hair. Obsessed with the Beatles. Bounced out of this party because she’s scared of you. You know who I mean.” He smirked and elbowed me in the side.

“Why is she scared of me?” I smiled, despite myself.

“You’re a good looking guy Alex,” Quinn replied, soberly. “She doesn’t know why you’re paying attention to her. She may seem like she can take over the world, but I know for a fact it’s hard for her to get out of bed each morning. She has no confidence in herself.” I frowned. Jency was becoming more and more of a puzzle to me.

“How do you know this?”

“She’s me best mate,” He said with a wistful smile. “I don’t think there isn’t anything I don’t know about her.”

For a moment, I felt jealousy rise in the pit of my stomach. I wanted to know all there was about her. I wanted to be able to describe her feelings before even she could. God, what was wrong with. I had met her only a day earlier.

“I’m going to go get one of the hot dog things,” Quinn announced, staggering to his feet and over to the grill, where Matt quickly supplied him with food. I sat there still, pondering things over. Rian joined me after a few minutes. Like Jack, he could usually tell when something is bothering me. Unlike Jack, he let’s me come out with it on my own, rather than annoying me until I have no choice.

“They seem pretty cool,” he said, nodding toward the three boys of The Rollercoaster Life, who were standing around the keg with Zack, laughing and making jokes.

“Yeah, even Holden showed up.”

We sat there in silence for a moment, and I took another sip of my beer.

“You’ve been weird lately,” Rian said suddenly, causing me to look over at him.

“What?”

“Well, actually, I guess you’ve been less weird,” he clarified. “Any other day you would be just as hammered as Jack, making rude comments and shit. But, for the past few days, you’ve been...different.”

“Are you saying it’s because of Jency?” I asked, annoyed. I didn’t change for girls. Not even ridiculously attractive ones like her.

“Dude, did I mention Jency?” he asked, with raised eyebrows. You’ve known her for two days, if that. You’ve been more serious for longer than that. And I’m not saying it’s a bad thing.” Rian took a swig of his drink and smiled at me. “You seem more focused, which is good.”

I shrugged. I guess it was true. I wanted this album to be the best we had done so far, I wanted to push ourselves further that we had gone before. I also felt a bit more responsible for this one, I wanted to have more input and more say. I wasn’t in high school anymore, I was growing up.

“So, you like Jency then?” Rian asked, giving me a smirk.

“I barely know Jency,” I retorted.

“So? Attraction isn’t based on facts dude. And since she left you’ve been over here moping, so don’t tell me you don’t wish she was here.”

I smiled, the guy in me coming out again. “I would do her,” I admitted. Rian rolled his eyes and stood up. Suddenly, I felt a bit guilty, talking about Jency like that. I guess I was growing up, because before, any thought of sex or boners or farts or whatever would have had me on the ground in laughter. I don’t know if I liked getting older. I downed the rest of my drink and wiped my mouth with the back of my sleeve. I didn’t feel like partying anymore.
I went back inside and headed down to my room, throwing on my iPod and collapsing on to my bed. I surfed the web for a while, looking at the Boards, checking my email and finally logging onto Twitter.

AlexAllTimeLow: @jackalltimelow when you wake come ask me how you ended up in the bushes, it was very entertaining.

AlexAllTimeLow @petewentz see you tomorrow in the studio, right man? Totally stoked!

AlexAllTimeLow: @riandawson: ‘I’m over getting older’. New lyrics?

AlexAllTimeLow: @gabesaporta yo man, when are you in LA next? I miss your beautiful face and fine ass.

AlexAllTimeLow: @zackalltimelow RAWR.

Ok, I was out of ideas for who else I should Tweet. Then, I got an idea. I typed into the search box and was pleasantly surprised with what I found.

AlexAllTimeLow: had a fun time with @jenCburke and her band mates tonight. The rollercoaster life is going to be baller, I can tell : )

I then clicked to follow her, hoping I wasn’t coming across like a complete stalker. A few seconds later, a notification popped up on screen.

jenCburke: @alexalltimelow thanks dude! We should have a jam sesh soon! And I challenge you and @jackalltimelow to pong...

AlexAllTimeLow: @jenCburke just as long as @Quinness isn’t playing I’m game : ) btw, awesome name, man

Quinness: @alexalltimelow cheers, mate!

jenCburke: @Quinness you're so fucking Irish.

AlexAllTimeLow: @Quinness @jenCburke I love it! haha

ZackAllTimeLow: STOP TWEETING OR I’M UNFOLLOWING YOU ALL. My phone keeps going off!

jenCburke: @zackalltimelow since when have you been following me?

RianDawson: @jenCburke @zackalltimelow ‘s been following you since he knew you had a twitter lol

Zackalltimelow: @jenCburke only because @riandawson told me!

AlexAllTimeLow: @riandawson @zackalltimelow STALKERS!!! Hahaha

JackAllTimeLow: hey whwers is everonae?

jenCburke: @alexalltimelow @zackalltimelow @riandawson @jackalltimelow @Quinness goodnight boys...

I grinned and exited out of Twitter. God, I love technology. I attempted to go to sleep, since I knew I had an early day the next day, but I couldn’t. I just lay there, thinking about her and how much I wanted to know about her. There was only one thing I could do to satisfy myself at that moment. I googled her. Creepy and sad, yes, but it filled in a lot of holes that I had yet to figure out about her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so not that much exciting stuff going on in here, just a bit of a filler. I have some chapters done for later one which I LOVE, but i need more motivation to get there, so COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!

Suggestions and constructive criticism is always welcome. Let me know what you think!

Title Song - The Cab

xx