Status: we work on it everyday during wellness and will post when chapters are done!

The Town of Fracs

Killer Whales, Superheroes, and Lairs

I flapped my wings wildly about. I had just been waddling along when it began to rain.

Would you like a mathematical formula?
Rain=Water
Water+Clementine=Terrified Penguin

When the malicious precipitation started coming down, my pace quickened. In my frantic attempt to get away, I slipped and plunged into a dark sea.

I tried to breathe and choked on water.

I was going to drown!

The events that occurred next were a blur, until something grabbed me from behind. "A KILLER WHALE!"

Oh please, dear Penguin God, please don't let me go to hell! I knew my prayer was fruitless. I would spend an eternity in hell because a killer whale ate me. I hoped my thin body will be enough nourishment for it.

I crinkled my beak; before too long, I would be whale doodoo.

I emerged from the water, hacking my lungs up worse than my mama penguin who smoked seven packs of Seaweed Cigarettes a day.

"Don't kill me, killer whale!" I pleaded, but my common sense put its input in. "Although you're going to eat me anyways!" I rubbed my eyes raw. Wait a minute!

I wasn't in the water, which meant..."OH MY PENGUIN GOD! Whales can breathe above water!" I then opened my eyes to see a stranger with eyes the color of polar-ice and I began screaming.

I continued to scream, and he winced at the shrillness of it. "Stop!" he yelled, clamping my beak shut. "Why are you screaming about whales?" He released my beak so I could answer.

"Don't try to deny it! I know what you really are!" I accused. "You're just a killer whale in a penguin suit!"

"Ah? You like my tux? That's good; I picked it up at Five Seasons."

OMPG! He admitted he was a whale! I screamed again and flopped onto my belly, sliding through town, trying to get away.

"Wait!" I skidded to a stop and looked behind me; earlier attempts at escaping vanquished.

"What?" I asked, confused, as the killer whale sailed past me. He tried to stop as I had done but instead, spun out and flipped over. He slid helplessly down the road.

"I'LL SAVE YOU KILLER WHALE!"

I sped down the icy road on my belly, maneuvering around penguins in my way. They yelled rude remarks at me.

I hummed the Mission Impossible theme song as I tried to catch up to the out of control whale. You know, he should have had more belly sliding lessons than back sliding lessons. Belly sliding is way simpler. But hey! Whatever floats his boat.

I imagined an award banquet and medals I would receive once I accomplished this deed of honor. Actually, I was so involved in my daydream, that I didn't notice that the whale had managed to find his balance and stop. So, I smacked right into him.

"Damnit! Watch where you're going, will ya!" he scolded grumpily.

I felt the tears in my eyes, and a few slid down my cheeks.

"Oh..." The whale stumbled for words. "Don't cry! I didn't mean to be rude."

I then gasped at the realization I had just had. I swiped my tears away.

"OMPG! I SAVED YOU!" I danced. "Clementine saves the day. Maybe I could be SUPER PENGUIN now?!"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, agreeing with myself. Now I needed a cape. "Hey, Mr. Whale! Do you have a cape?" I asked.

"Umm...no." He looked at me quizzically.

I tapped my chin, my eyebrows furrowed in concentration. I thought I heard Mr. Whale mumble, "Don't hurt yourself," but a question erased the comment in my mind.

"Do you have an igloo?"

"No." He smirked. "Didn't you know? Whales live in lairs."

"Oh..." I understood. Then I jumped up. "I want to see it!"

I snatched his fake wing in my grasp and pulled him forward, but stopped as I realized I didn't know where his lair was.

Mr. Whale took this as his cue to lead me in the right direction, and we waddled to his lair, which I could have sworn looked just like a two story igloo.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so here is our little oddling, Clementine and her....I don't exactly have words for it....her state of mind, I suppose. :) As you can clearly tell, Miss Kinkajou is a LIAR!!! Her chapters are 10x better than mine. (I don't know about Temily, I have never read her work.) But anyways...thank you for reading the story. I hope you enjoyed.

P.S. If you comment to our story, we will break out into a funky, offbeat 70's dance in Wellness!!! :D
(Sorry Kinkajou and Temily....if anyone comments I guess we will be laughed at!)

WITH LOTS OF LOVE!
-Kalyers (^.^)