Status: Author is finally getting off her lazy arse and updating for you people!

Are the Roses Red or Black?

Introductions and Something More

I live- or rather, lived- in the Hidden Rock. I am a rogue ninja. I ran away from my village and am now trying desperately to find the Akatsuki's base. I don't know where I am or where I should be going, but I will find that damn base, even if it kills me, I will! I've been on the run for weeks, and the only base I found was an empty one.. I think I see something up ahead. I'm going to go check it out...
Turns out it was just a large pond in the forest. I kneel down on the bank, cup my hands in the clear blue liquid, and bring it to my dry and cracked lips to take a sip. The cool water soothes my aching head and helps me to relax some. I sigh and rest my head against a nearby tree. I decide to take a quick nap to restore my energy. I blink one last time and slowly, my lids shut.

--Dream Land--

I stood in an open pasture surrounded by trees on all sides. I looked around. No one there. I sat down. Suddenly, a figure that looked like it could be a mirror image popped up out of thin air, standing about ten feet away from where I sat. I stood up and took on a defensive position.
"Who are you?" I asked the copy.
It's words came out in a sort of wind-like croak, "I am you," It pointed at me as it said that.
Another three copies appeared around me. I spun around as ten, fifteen, twenty more came to fills in the gaps. They took a step closer.
"What are you doing? What do you want from me?" I asked frantically.
Half of the copies took a step closer, their voices croaked maniacally just like the first copy's voice as they whispered, " Time to play.."
The other half followed them and screeched, "Time to die!!"
I screamed, "No!! I'm not ready! I can't! I won't!"
All of them got closer and croaked, the voices harmonizing into one on the subtle breeze, "Play with us, forever.."
"Why me?!" I shouted at them and the sky.
The figures kept advancing on me until they were a mere five feet away, "We'll have lots of fun.. Come and play with us.."
"No!! I don't want to die!" I dropped to my knees, almost begging them not to take me away.
They just kept coming. Their pale white hands reaching out to grab me. I fell over on my side. They got closer and closer until they swarmed me and formed a 'human' dome around my body. They reached for me as I buried my face in my hands and screamed a nasty, blood-curdling scream.

--Not so Dream Land--

I woke up screaming in a... bed?
"Where am I?" I rubbed my head and sat up.
"Isn't it obvious? You're in a bed, stupid," someone said in a matter-of-fact tone.
I peered at the shadowy corner from which the voice came from, "Who are you?"
A figure stepped out of the shadows a peered at me with deep red eyes. They were the man's most prominent feature in the dark room. He spoke, "Itachi Uchiha. And you are?"
"I don't know anymore. Where am I?" I asked him.
He sighed, "In my room. On my bed."
I raised an eyebrow, trying to get him to be more specific.
"What do you want from me, woman?!" Itachi spread his arms.
"What is the place that your room is in? Need I be more specific?" I asked through gritted teeth.
"The forest," Itachi stated coolly.
I anime fell off the side of the bed. I stood, brushed myself off, and strutted out the door. Itachi grabbed my arm just when I was halfway out of the threshold.
He spun me around to face him, "Where do you think your going?"
I sighed, "To get some freaking answers, dumb ass."
"But I have already given you the answers you were looking for!" he retorted.
"I need some straight answers, and I don't have to spend the rest of my day in your room, no matter how much you like me," I snapped.
"Tch. Do whatcha please, " Itachi turned his face away from me, trying to hide the blush that was crawling over his face. He released my arm and I left, slamming the door in his face as he turned back to me to watch me leave.
I walked down the hall muttering angrily to myself. I was so lost in my own world, that I didn't realize that I was on a crash-collision course until the moment we collided. I looked up into his face with a blush climbing on my cheeks. His purple eyes bore down on me like daggers. I screamed. His eyes softened. I tried to run away. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up into his own. I studied his face. He had grey, slicked-back hair, purple eyes, and carried a triple bladed scythe. He carried me bridal style into a big room. All the while, I was thrashing around and only stopped when I finally realized that he had set me down. I opened my eyes to see the man staring at me. I sat up. I hugged my knees to my chest, rested my head on my knees, and just flat out cried. He continued to stare at me with an 'are you insane?' expression on his face.
After a while, I noticed him walking towards me. He stopped in front of me and slapped my cheek. Hard. I stopped crying immediately.
"What the fuck was that for, you motherfucking bastard?!" I held my cheek and glared at the man.
"To fucking get you to stop the hell crying, bitch!" the guy yelled back at me.
I lowered my guard, looked down at my feet, and softly uttered two words, "Thank you."
"Um... You're welcome?" he looked at me confused.
I looked up at him with a pleading gaze, "Can I ask you a few things?"
"Uh... sure, I guess.." he answered unsurely.
"Who are you, where am I, and how did I get here?"
"My name's Hidan, this is the living room, and ask someone else... Welcome to the Akatsuki." he grinned.
"The.. Akat..suki?" I whispered.
"Yeah." Hidan said.
I launched myself upwards and trapped him in a big bear hug, "I'm here! I'm here! I'm finally here!"
"What do you mean?" Hidan struggled to push me off of him.
I let go suddenly and fell to the couch, "This is the place I've been searching for!"
Just then, a guy with orange hair and piercings came in with a pierce of parchment.
"I think I know who she is," he said.
"You do?" I asked.
He showed me a picture, "This is you, right?"
"Yeah. How did you...?" I questioned him.
"It was sent to me by a messenger hawk from the Hidden Rock Village a few weeks ago," he replied.
"I must have sent it. Does it have a name on it?" I asked.
"Yeah, 'Mikoto'. That must be you. I didn't know what to do with the registration information when it got here. I almost threw it out. If not for the letter attached, I would have done just that," he said.
"Can I see it?" I held out my arm. He gave it to me. I read it aloud:
"Dear Akatsuki,
I, Mikoto of the Hidden Rock, have decided to join you. Attached is my personal information I stole from the Tsuchikage's files. I don't know when I'll arrive, but I'm leaving tomorrow.
See you later,
Mikoto"
I flipped it to my personal info and read it to myself,
"Name: Mikoto
Religion: Jashinism
Hair: dark indigo, almost black
Eyes: deep blue saphire
Weight: 50 kilograms
Height: 158 centimeters
Age: 16
Gender: Female..."
It went on and on about me. I sighed and stopped reading, "So, is it okay if I join you?"
"Yeah. If Itachi hadn't found you today, I would have sent out a search party," Pein joked. (Does Pein actually ever joke about anything?)
I heard breathing to my left. I found Hidan reading over my shoulder. I slapped him.
"Ouch! What the flipping fuck?!" he yelled, jumping back.
"Don't read over my shoulder. Ever," I glared.
"Okay, okay. So, you're a Jashinest?" he asked smugly.
I showed him my necklace with the Jashin symbol on it, "Yeah. What's it to ya?"
He showed me his necklace, "I am too."
"For how long?" I asked.
"Since I was born," he said, "And you?"
"I converted when I was seven," I said.
"What made you convert?" Hidan sat down next to me, looking severely interested.
"I overheard some people talking about it. That got me interested and I wanted to know more, so I looked it up in the library and found some books that told me all about it. I converted when I realized that I liked Jashinism more than Christianity," I smiled, "And it's been a while since I've had a proper ritual."
"Why is that?" Hidan asked.
"One, the Hidden Rock isn't very fond of the religion. Two, reading a How-To book and actually doing it are two very different things. My sword may be sharp, but my mind is not," I explained.
"Come with me," Hidan stood up, gabbed my hand, and pulled me off my butt to stand in front of him.
"Where to?" I asked.
"My room," he replied.
"Why?" I asked.
"You'll see..." he ran and pulled me along behind him.
"Gah! Hidan!" I giggled.
"Come on!" he laughed.
Hidan pulled me into a room that I assumed was his and shut and locked the door...

-Living Room-

Madara: *comes out of hiding and stands next to Pein*

Pein/Madara: *stares after Mikoto and Hidan*

Pein: Hidan seems really happy.

Madara: Yeah. He rarely ever smiles, let alone laughs.

Pein: Well, I think I know who Mikoto's rooming with.

Madara: Hidan?

Pein: *nods*

Madara: Good choice. And her instructional team?

Pein: She'll be joining Hidan and Kakuzu, most likely.

Madara: But that'll be up to her. It's still a little too soon to tell.

Pein: Exactly. We'll just have to wait and see who she gets along with best.

Madara: I agree completely.

-Mikoto and Hidan-

Mikoto: *sits down on Hidan's bed* So, why am I here?

Hidan: *releases Mikoto's hand* For a ritual.

Mikoto: You will teach me?

Hidan: *nods* Yup!

Mikoto: *jumps out to hug Hidan* Oh, thank you!

And, with that, the ritual began...

-Just After the Ritual-

???: *knock! knock! knock!* Hidan, dinner!
"Okay! Coming!" Hidan shouted at the door.
He unlocked it and twisted the handle. I grabbed his other hand before he got the door open.
He looked at me quizzically, "What is it?"
"We're all bloody," I pointed out.
"So?" He asked.
I shrugged and he opened the door, keeping a hold on my hand. Hidan pulled me along behind him and lead me to a place that I assumed was the dining room. He pulled out a chair for me and I sat, giving him thanking nod. He sat down next to me. I looked around; all eyes were on me.
Confused, I ask, "What?"
"Who are you and why are you covered in blood?" A blue, shark-man asked.
"My name is Mikoto and I am bloody for the same reason that Hidan is," I smiled.
"And that would be...?" He prodded.
I leaned across the table, "We cut ourselves in the Emo Corner and licked the blood off the blades."
Sharky gulped, "I-I'm Kisame, by the way."
I leaned back. "Nice to meet you!" I smiled cheerfully.
(Everyone's thoughts: Is she bipolar or something?!)
I noticed that everyone had begun eating, so I joined them. We had ramen and white rice.

-After Dinner (In the Living Room)-

"So..." It was really awkward, even though Hidan and I had cleaned up.
"Why doesn't everyone introduce themselves? I'll start. My name is Pein," The orange haired man from earlier said.
"Deidara," The girly blonde saluted me.
I returned it.
"TOBI!!!!!" The masked one shouted in my ear. He gave me a huge hug.
I laughed and returned the hug. Tobi let me go.
"Sasori," The redhead smiled lightly.
I gave him a small wave and he blushed in response.
"Zetsu," The plant man said creepily.
"Uh... H-Hi.." I sunk back in the chair.
Deidara smacked Zetsu upside the head, "Zetsu, you damn baka! You scared Mikoto!"
"Sorry, Mikoto..." Zetsu looked sincerely upset.
"S'okay," I smiled at the two of them.
"I'm Konan," The blue haired girl smiled politely.
"Hello," I smiled back.
"Name's Kakuzu," Green-eyes pointed at himself.
I nodded in recognition. "And if you've already forgotten, I'm Mikoto! Nice to meet all of you," I smiled broadly at my new friends.

-Later that day-
I was telling everyone about my life in the Rock Village, when Pein came in.
"Hidan, Mikoto!" Pein gestured us over.
We looked at each other, shrugged, and walked over to stand by Pein.
"What do you need?" I asked.
Pein, instead of answering my question, ignored me, and turned to Hidan, "Would it be okay if Mikoto roomed with you, Hidan?" Guess that answers my question..
"Sure. That'd be great," Hidan smiled.
Pein, now turning to me, asked, "Mikoto, would you like to room with Hidan?"
"I'd love to," I smiled.
"It's settled then. Alright, that's all I needed," Pein said bluntly before leaving.
We walked back over to the couch and sat down as I continued telling my story..

-Later, still-

Me and Hidan were laying in his King Sized bed.
"I'm bored," Hidan sat up and crossed his legs.
"Ditto," I crossed my arms.
Hidan leaned over me, "Wanna have some fun?"
"What kinda fun, fun boy?" I asked smugly.
He grabbed my hand andpulled me out of bed.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"Shh..." Hidan pulled me towards the window.
He shoved it open and jumped out, landing smoothly on the balls of his feet. He got up and held out his arms, "Jump. I'll catch you."
I did as he said. I fell closer and closer, until...
PLOP!! I landed on top of Hidan and crushed him. I was sitting on his lower back.
"Sorry..." I apologized softly.
"I'm okay," he grunted, "Please get off of me."
"Oh, sorry," I stood and pulled him up to stand beside me.
He brushed himself off. "Let's go," Hidan grabbed my hand and whisked me away to who knows where.
"Hey! Tell me where we're going!" I asked.
"Nope!" Hidan replied.
"And why not?" I asked.
"It's a surprise!" ,e called back.

-----------------

He took me far away; up on a grassy, mountain side cliff. The view was amazing. We sat down on the cliff's edge. I stared, mouth agape, at the gloriously shining stars in the night sky above.
"They're beautiful!" I praised the stars.
"Aren't they? Though nothing compares to your sublime beauty," Hidan indicated of me.
I looked at him and he smiled back, both blushing.
He looked up at the sky, "Seeing your smile was enough to grace my presence for a lifetime. Hearing you laugh sent me away to soar on clounds for an eternity. when you look at me with your big, saphire eyes, I feel eternally blessed. Listening to your voice takes all these things to the next level. You have the spiritual hold over me of a goddess, my princess." Hidan finished, kissing my hand.
I blushed harder, looked to the ground, then back to the stars,"You flatter me too much. There is something, in my opinion, more beautiful than you say I am."
"And what would that be?" Hidan asked.
"Fire. The mere thought of the dancing flame brings me so much joy," I fell back in the grass and gazed up at the stars.
I yawned and my eyelids threatened to close on me.
"We should get back," Hidan said.
"I agree. Let's go before we fall asleep!" I jumped up, much enthusiasm in my voice.
Hidan stood, and we raced each other back to base. I won, and helped Hidan through the window. He got in safely and pulled me in. I shut the window. We got in the bed and I pulled the covers over myself. Hidan sat on top of them, gazing at me dreamily.
"Well, g'night!" I yawned.
"Good night," Hidan said soft and sweet.
I rolled over and almost immediately shoved under in a comatose-like state of mind and body.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't have much to say, so... Comment, rate, and message!