Status: Author is finally getting off her lazy arse and updating for you people!

Are the Roses Red or Black?

Anger, Confusion, Emotion, Pain... Why?

Mikoto was half-awake in Deidara’s arms. He was still asleep. He was really warm, so she snuggled closer to his chest and pulled his arm tighter around her body. She pretended to sleep while enjoying every second of the warmth, until sleep did eventually take her away.

Deidara tiredly opened an eye and glanced at the girl who was snuggling up to him. Smiling, he pressed his chin to the top of Mikoto’s head and tried to snuggle closer with her. Happy with the position they were in, he went back to sleep.

~~~

“Deidara-sempai! Do you know where Miko-chan went?” Tobi called, opening the door, “Oh, Tobi be quiet now…” Tobi backed out the door and slowly clicked it shut. He then skipped down the hall, chanting, “MikoxDeidara! MikoxDeidara!” He continued that until he sat down on the couch.

“You find out where Mikoto fucking went, Tobi?” Hidan asked impatiently, pacing around the room.

“Yup!” Tobi cried happily.

“Well, where is she?” Sasori asked, impatient as ever.

“She’s with Deidara-sempai!” Tobi said.

“Why?” Kisame asked.

“Go and see for yourself!” Tobi instructed.

Hidan immediately raced to Deidara’s room and flung open the door. And what he saw and did was not pretty.

“What the Hell?!?” Hidan yelled.

“Ahh!!!” Deidara and Mikoto screamed. Then they looked at each other and screamed again.

-Mikoto’s POV-

Dei and I stood up, staring wide eyed at each other. We pointed at each other, “Who? When? What?”

“Who? Deidara and Mikoto. When? Last night until now. What? You two were cuddling. And it looked to me like you were enjoying it, Mikoto.” Hidan said angrily.

“And…? We’re just friends, Hidan. Not that you care, anyway.” I huffed.

“What do you mean by that? I care a Hell of a lot.” He said.

“Yeah right. Mikoto told me all about what happened yesterday, and it seemed to me like you didn’t care about her or her feelings at all.” Deidara added, trying to defend me.

“You should stay out of this. It has nothing to do with you, but I’ll get you later, just you wait,
Blondie. But, right now, this is between me and Mikoto. So just back off! Got it?!” Hidan yelled, getting right up in his face. Deidara just crossed his arms and glared back at Hidan, who was also glaring.

I got between them and pushed Hidan back more and more with each word, “You. Will. Never. Tell. My. Friends. What. To. Do!” I pushed him down on the last word. He was on the floor against the wall.

Hidan looked up at me, a desperate and pleading look in his eye.

I only glared harder; it seems that I still had some violence in me.

“You know, this can aalll be traced back to you.” I made wide hand gestures and pointed my finger at him.

“Me?” He asked, pointing at himself.

“Yeah, you. The only reason I came to Deidara’s room was because you said I was troublesome, and you didn’t even have the decency to look at me! If you’re gonna insult me, at least be polite and say it to my face!” I yelled.

Hidan stood up and started to mock me, “Troublesome. Oh, boo hoo! Boo hoo! Oh, that’s such a terrible thing to say! Oh, boo hoo!”

“You’re such a fucking jerk. First, you compliment me. Then, you go and insult me. And now you’re…” I shook my head and growled, “You’re sick. Now, I hate you so much, that I can’t even stand having the same fucking religion as you fucking asshole!” I yelled. The anger was overtaking me.

I gripped my Jashin necklace and ripped it off my neck. All was silent and seeming to be slow motion as I threw it on the ground. The ding of metal hitting the wood floor echoed around the room. I turned on my heels on stormed out. The only sound to be heard was the noise of my footsteps echoing around the room and fading down the hall.

-Hidan’s POV-

No one said a word. I stared at the door frame where she had last been, the last place I had seen her. Then I focused back on the present time and reached down and picked up her necklace. I looked at it sadly. If she wanted to leave, so be it. If she never wanted to see me again, fine, she won’t. If she hated me, I’ll still crawl to the ends of the Earth to be with her. I’ll wait for her forever, if that’s how long it takes. I don’t care. I love her, that’s all that matters.
I walked away in silence, playing with her necklace.

-Mikoto’s POV-

I darted out the doors of the base and ran to the grassy cliff that Hidan had showed me only a few nights previous. Bloody tears streamed down my face. I thought about everything Hidan had ever said to me, and everything we had done together.

-Flashback-

…walking towards me. He stopped in front of me and slapped my cheek. Hard. I stopped crying immediately.
"What the fuck was that for, you motherfucking bastard?!" I held my cheek and glared at the man.
"To fucking get you to stop the hell crying, bitch!" He yelled back at me…

…"Who are you, where am I, and how did I get here?"
"My name's Hidan, this is the living room, and ask someone else... Welcome to the Akatsuki." he grinned.
"The.. Akat..suki?" I whispered.
"Yeah." Hidan said.
I launched myself upwards and trapped him in a big bear hug, "I'm here! I'm here! I'm finally here!"
"What do you mean?" Hidan struggled to push me off of him.
I let go suddenly and fell to the couch, "This is the place I've been searching for!"…

“…So, you're a Jashinist?" he asked smugly.
I showed him my necklace with the Jashin symbol on it, "Yeah. What's it to ya?"
He showed me his necklace, "I am too."…

…Pein turned to Hidan, "Would it be okay if Mikoto roomed with you, Hidan?"
"Sure. That'd be great," Hidan smiled.
Pein, now turning to me, asked, "Mikoto, would you like to room with Hidan?"
"I'd love to," I smiled…

…He took me far away; up on a grassy, mountain side cliff. The view was amazing. We sat down on the cliff's edge. I stared, mouth agape, at the gloriously shining stars in the night sky above…

…“A freak out,” I answered mischievously.
“You have a plan?” He asked not wanting to miss out on the fun.
His smile grew larger and more villainous as I whispered my gruesome plan in his ear.
“This should be fun…” Hidan said slowly rubbing his hands together.
“Shall we begin the preparations?” I asked a small, yet evil smile tugging at my lips.
“We shall…” he replied evilly…

...We rolled around on the bed, laughing our asses off so hard that Hidan fell off the bed and kept laughing while I laughed at him, causing me to fall off the bed, which made us laugh even harder at each other’s stupidity.

“…You’re driving me crazy! Okay, I don’t know if you can hear me or not, but I have a confession to make. I…I think I like you! …”

…“Oh, for the love of-!” I grabbed his cloak and pulled him in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then I released his cloak and he staggered away backwards…


-End Flashback-

Then I remembered what happened earlier… I had just started to like him and then… I growled in frustration. I can’t even think straight anymore! He was my best friend, and now it’s all gone…

Everything was a blur as I rushed past, trying to reach the cliff, where everything was peaceful. All the colors merged into a green blur. Then, it turned into grey stone underneath my feet and green surrounding it, and I knew I had found it. I sat down in the soft patch of grass near the edge and continued to cry blood stained tears. I tried to calm myself, but each time I wiped away the tears, fresh ones came to rake their place. They left a red trail down my face. My skin was turning slightly red because it was hard to breathe and the parts around my eyes were puffy because… well, that’s what happens when you cry.

I didn’t notice the person who had been following me, until he made himself known, “Mikoto?” He called.

“Y-yeah?” I sobbed, trying to dry my crimson tears as fast as I could.

Because my sobs had ended finally, I could see clearer.

He walked over and sat down next to me. His features matched the concern in his voice, “Mikoto, are you okay?”

I recognized his voice and appearance, “Zetsu?” I asked. I had successfully blocked any more tears that tried to escape.

“Yeah, it’s me.” He scooted around to sit across from me so we could see each other better, “Are you okay? Why were you crying?”

I guess Zetsu hadn’t been there when Hidan and I had that fight…

“Sorta. The past few days have been really long. I’m just really sensitive and emotional and weak.” I sighed, “How are you handling all the drama I’ve brought?”

“Okay, I guess. That was quite a show back there. You actually quit your religion.” He said. I guess he was there…

“I know. That was pretty drastic.” I admitted.

“You should apologize to Hidan.” Zetsu said.

“No way. Not until he apologizes for insulting me.” I said stubbornly, “But I will apologize to Jashin. I didn’t really want to quit, I was just caught up in a fit of rage.”

“Why are you so sensitive all the time?” He asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh! I so went there! A cliff hanger! Not a very big one, but I decided to cut it there because there's still a few pages left in the original, and I think this is long enough. Chapter 6 is next!