Status: Author is finally getting off her lazy arse and updating for you people!

Are the Roses Red or Black?

Chatting with Zetsu, the Plant Guy

I took the time to blink a few times, to process the sudden question through my thoughts and come up with a reasonable answer. I then responded, “Well, it all goes back to my first murder, which is when my other side originally was born. This other side took most of my violent personality characteristics, leaving me a big nice, touchy mess. I have been trying to find a way to defeat her, but nothing I come up with ever works.”

“So what you’re saying is, she is the definition of evil.” Zetsu concluded.

I giggled, “Well that’s one way you can look at it. Yes, I suppose so.”

“Hidan’s been acting strange ever since you got here…” he said.

“Random; what was he like before?” I asked. This question sparked my curiosity. “I’m curious.”

“Curiosity killed the cat.” He warned, like it was some big secret.

“And satisfaction brought it back.” I smirked.

“Well, if you really want to know…he was angry all the time, almost - depressed, you could say. Very closed off and easily aggravated. I mean, sometimes he’d blow up in your face and start cussing you out for the stupidest of reasons… Need I go on?”

“Wow. Touchy and angry. Scary combo.”

“Yeah. But recently, he’s been more open-minded and nice and he hasn’t blown up on anybody, unless you count earlier today. And I’ve never actually seen him laugh the kind of laugh he laughs around you before.”

I laughed, “And I’ve never heard anyone use the word ‘laugh’ three times in one sentence before!”

“That was random.”

“I know, right?” I groaned and flopped on my back, “My life sucks! Me and Hidan were getting along real well, and he goes and makes one smart remark and I go berserk and screw everything up. Damn me and my fucking sensitivity.” I paused and sat up, “Are you hungry?”

“You’re on a roll today with that randomnessness thing, but, yeah. A little bit. Why?”

“I don’t know. I feel like burning something…” I paused and scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at the plant, “Randomnessness? Is that even a real word?”

“I don’t know. It seemed to fit, I guess. What do you want to burn?”

I cocked an eyebrow at him before letting it go and shaking my head. I then shrugged and said, “We could make a campfire for all I care. I just want to watch the flames.” I shivered, “Plus, it’s cold out here!” I hugged my knees to my chest, just then realizing how abnormally cold it was for summertime.

“Kay. I’ll set it up.” He said while getting up and turning back towards the woods around the base.

I nodded and murmured a thank you.

--

Soon, he had set up a tee-pee made of tree parts surrounded by a bunch of well-sized rocks to my right. Zetsu sat down on the other side of it, facing me. I turned to face him. An awkward silence ensued for a minute or so then.

Zetsu broke it. “You gonna burn it or what?”

“Huh? Oh, right.” I stood up, “Watch out.”

Zetsu quickly moved out of the way.

I made a bunch of rapid hand signs and sucked in a huge breath of oxygen, held it in while thinking: “Fireball Jutsu!”, and puffed out the air in my lungs. A big ball of flame then consumed my sight. When I ran out of air, the fire stopped coming out of me and I smiled happily at the burning wood tee-pee. Zetsu returned to his previous position next to me as I sat down cross-legged and stared blankly at the flickering, orange flame.

“Mikoto?” It was quiet, I could barely hear it.

“Mikoto?!” It was louder this time, yet still incoherent.

“Mikoto!!!” It was extremely loud this time; I clearly heard my name being screamed in my ear.

It was loud enough even to break me out of my trance.

I blinked and said, “Huh?”

“What are you doing?” The green plant speaking to me I recognized as none other than Zetsu.

I looked quizzically at him, “What are you talking about?”

He pointed at the fire, “Your hand. You were going to put it in the fire, were you not?”

I looked at my right hand that was surprisingly warm. I did not notice the heat before. It was starting to burn…

Suddenly, I jerked it back. My fingers were merely centimeters away from touching the excruciatingly hot red and orange flames. I scooted back a bit from the fire and said, “Sorry. I kind of spaced out.”

“What were you thinking about?” Zetsu asked.

“Trying to save my family from the fire. But all I could do was yell, watch, and grab at them because my legs were crushed under a rock-a-lanche. I couldn’t feel them at all.” I sighed, “Fire and I… We have a love-hate relationship because of that. It’s like, you’re awesome, but I hate you for killing like half of my family; you know? Sorry, I’m talking too much again.”

“No, it’s alright. What happened to your legs after you got out of the rocks?” He asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. It was a real long time ago. The parts after it are blurry.”

“Oh. Well, I’m going to change the subject.”

“To what?” I asked.

“Well, I bet I could list every Akatsuki member that has a crush on you.”

“Now you’ve got me curious. Who?”

“Deidara.”

“Yup. Told me yesterday.”

“Hidan.”

Obvious from the start.”

“Itachi.”

“No way. He can’t stand me!"

Zetsu raised an eyebrow at me.

“Fine, fine. Just continue.”

“Sasori.”

“Oh, really?”

“Myself.”

I raised an eyebrow at him.

“And I can’t be certain, but Leader-sama and Kakuzu might like you too.”

“Pein? Seriously? Are you high? Zetsu, I demand you give me all your damn Sharpies. Right now.” I laughed. “And the name of your supplier.”

“I’m not kidding! I’m being serious here!” He waved his arms above his head.

“Well, okay then. If you say so.” I layed down on my side and started to fall asleep, “I’m going to take a nap.”

-Zetsu’s POV-

And she fell asleep almost immediately after announcing her nap. All that yelling and anger must have taken a lot out of her. I should take back to the base, but… Where is she going to sleep? My plants would probably eat her… Tobi? Maybe… Itachi? Eh, it’s food for thought. I put out the fire and picked the sleeping onyx haired girl up.

“Well, she’s got to sleep somewhere." I thought. I sighed, carrying Mikoto away from the cliff.

“Ah well, I’ll figure it out when I get there. No use worrying about that until I’m actually off the dang mountain…” I said, trudging down the steep hill-side.

-Author’s POV-

Meanwhile, Mikoto was stuck in the dream world, not knowing where she is, or who is even talking to her…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, a cliff hanger! I'm so happy to finally get another chapter of this posted! I'm starting to type up the next chapter as soon as this is posted! Remember, comments and subscriptions are always appreciated! Thanks for reading!