This Business of Revenge.

Chapter Three.

Damien tried a few more lines on me which of course didn’t work but I pretended they worked like the charms he thought they were.

I smirked as I saw the very jealous face of Elise’s brother.

Now, now, someone’s envious.

Thankfully Damien dropped his arms from around my waist as Elise came back with a tray of drinks. I quickly flashed Damien a pout, pretending I never wanted to leave his arms.

“Move over D!” Elise shouted over the music. Damien shifted in the seat of the red vinyl booth, pulling me to sit next to him as Elise scooted in on the edge. Poor girl, I wonder if she went through this before she knew he was a complete asshole.

*

The night passed rather quickly.

More people came in over the course of half an hour or so and soon after people started leaving, in the sense of passing out on the dance floor, on the table, in the toilets and so on and so forth.

You know how it is.

“Ellie!” I yelled across the table as I moved away from Damien causing him to pout in his half drunken state at the same time as making Cam – Elise’s brother – more relaxed now that his lover wasn’t holding someone else.

“I think I’m gonna go home!” I told her, making sure Damien heard.

“Could you drive me? I think I’ve had a bit too much!” I continued.

Of course being drunk, Damien didn’t pick up on the fact that I had only had one glass of Creamy Soda during the course of the night – great stuff, looks like beer, easy to pass as alcohol especially when everyone else is wasted – he also had no idea that I had come here with Elise so therefore didn’t have a car here in the first place, she was my only way home.

Well I could get a taxi, but that’s not part of the plan now is it.

“Sure Halo! I think I should probably head home too.” She replied with a nod, setting down her non-alcoholic beverage.

I saw Damien smirk out of the corner of my eye. Boy had a plan did he?

“Halo!” He called to me as I stepped out of the booth. Turning around, I saw that smirk again.

“Why don’t you stay? I can take you home!” That smirk became more prominent with every slurred word spoken.

I shot a look to Elise, as if asking for permission to stay with Damien.

“That’s okay, stay if you want!” Elise said, keeping up with all the lies and acting.

Just like you see on the screen, I jumped in the air –as much as you can whilst wearing heels- and giggled in false drunken happiness.

“Yay! Thank you Elise!” I acted, adding a hug for effect.

I turned back to Damien. “A moment!” I requested, before walking off to the toilets with Elise.

There’s one thing I need to discuss.