Restart My Heart

Hey Stephen, I know looks can be deceiving

"Levi," he moved closer to me, his eyes that reminded me of my favourite Mont Blanc chocolate glistened as he gazed lovingly into my eyes.

My heart skipped a beat,"Stephen?"

He took my hands, bringing me close to him, our noses barely breezing against one another. My bottom lip trembled with temptation.

Just kiss me already

His apple red lips opened slightly "I..."

I couldn't take it any longer, the monster within me erupted.

"Kiss me!" I cried but when I opened my eyes, it wasn't my Stephen in front of me. It was just Ruth, suffocating under my arms.

I instantly frowned, letting her go and proceeding to my locker. Many kids were staring, obviously stunned by my sudden outburst. I stuck my tongue out at them and at the few who were still gawking I blew them off and they knew better and finally looked away. Can't a girl dream once in a while?

"You gotta be more friendly," delicate Ruth stated after some large breath of air, "At least more gentle or little less loud?"

I cracked a smile at my best friend. She was petite for a 16 year old, a little barely reaching 5'4. She had long strawberry blond hair and these large gray eyes plastered perfectly on a baby face. She was like a porcelain doll that, no matter how many times I squeezed her, would not break. Thankfully or I wouldn't know what to do without her. Though small in size, she had a humongous brain and keen, sharp almost scarily accurate eyes.

"You won't break my china doll," I teased. I was probably best at that and she was best at being teased with plump pouty lips. Maybe that's why we were the perfect pair.

She stuck out her tongue jokingly, "I mean, somebody might hear." She gestured with her chin down the hall behind me.

Like that magical slow motion moment when the main girl makes eye contact with the boy she ends up with. I twirled around, my choppy black hair whipped my flustered cheek

There he was, just like Ruth had said, walking down the halls. When he smiled at the many students, I could clearly see even from my distance, his deep dimples and his smooth steps matching rhythmically with his waves.

Popular was one word to describe him.

But there were much more.

Slutty girls giggled flirtatiously winking at him.

I just gritted my teeth, feeling useless. I was in no place to get angry. I wasn't his girlfriend or anything. Too bad.

I slammed my locker shut, eyes set on my prize. I felt a familiar hand land on my shoulder and I looked over to see Ruth with warning gray eyes

"Don't kill anyone, alright?" she reminded me.

I gave her a reassured smile and strode confidently towards Stephen in my Marc Jacobs boots.

When he saw me, he automatically smiled. My heart fluttered even though I knew he smiled at everyone like that.

"Hi Levi," he said. Some girls nearby stared daggers at me but I tried my best to ignore them trying to be the refreshing person Stephen saw me as.

"Stephen," I greeted with a too-bright smile. I just can't help it when I'm near him "Looking as smashing as always." And I wasn't lying

He chuckled patting my hair. His chocolate eyes melting my heart in to well, gooey chocolate. "What's up?"

I quickly fell in step with him, "Just wondering what we're doing for P.E?"

We were in the same P.E class together and sadly, only class. That's how we met. Coincidentally, normally but picture perfect all the same

"Volleyball" he reminded me. It was hard not to stare how perfectly his dark curls bounced as he walked, perfectly framing his face.

I groaned,"Ms. Sadist is for sure going to loose it next class. She hates me."

"You're over exaggerating! She is so nice," Stephen said smiling.

Sweet even to the worst of teachers.

"It's cause your awesome at everything. I suck at anything consisting of hand-eye coordination, especially volleyball," my slight pout turned into a sweet smile. Guys hate it when girls complain but I have a reason for it, "Assist this physically mental child please?"

"No problem," he said with no hesitation.

Innocent. He has no idea what kind of devious trap I am leading him into to make him fall head over heels for me.

"I knew you would! You are the best" I smiled and hugged him after honestly, lots of over-thinking.

Then the dang bell rang.

"Well, I gotta go, Levi," Stephen smiled apologetically.

This was it. My heart raced and I prayed Stephen couldn't be able to hear it.

"Aw, Kay see you later!" I said and leaped up on tip-toes and brushed my lips gently on his soft cheek. Of course he thought it was just a friendly gesture but to me, it meant much more and took lots of nerves

"Bye, Levi" Stephen waved and walked down the opposite way

I couldn't take my eyes off of him

"Don't back down on a pathetic student like me, Mr.Gomez!" I cried after him

He turned around, smiling his usual smile, "I'll try," he called out

I sighed happily.

Yep, that's right. I was head over heels in love with Stephen Gomez and determined to make him feel the same about me.

While I wandered off in dreamland, fantasize kissing Stephen on the lips I guess I didn't notice that mysteriously annoying figure hanging over me until I had reached for the knob of the closed homeroom door.

He put his hands around me, pinning me to the door from behind. Thank goodness the door only had a small, fuzzy window and the hallway was empty. Without even turning around, I knew exactly who it was.

"What the hell is your problem?" I hissed

"Nothing. Just want to remind you something," he said in his casual tone

"If it's nothing then it's nothing," I said threw gritted teeth. He was so close, I felt the body heat emitting from his body and the hot breath against my bare neck. I tried to grab for the doorknob but he took them, swallowing them with his strong, calluses ones

"Just reminding a certain vulnerable girl that she has no chance with anyone in this school. Anyone but me," he sneered into my ear almost seductively if it wasn't for the gagging feeling in my stomach.. "You are worthless, no matter how hard you try."
Flames sparked in my eyes. I had to calm down. I, Levi Meester, did not have to stoop down to his level. I should probably just escape his grasp and ditch class.

I tried shifting sideways but he trapped me with both his hands. I had no other alternative but face him, head on. I am Levi Meester for God sakes, why the fuck would I run from just...

"Alexander DiRoma?" I spat once I turned around to face his cocky smirk. I snorted, "What do you know?"

His hazel eyes cut me like a razor, suddenly stormy as they bored into the back of my skull. I bit the inside of my cheek nervously, begging for my heart to stop racing.

"I know more than you think Levi," Alex whispered suddenly serious, slowly leaning closer

I couldn't move. Not because I was stuck between Alex and the door but because he was moving so close and I remembered.

Remembered how happy I was, being together with Alex. He used to be that amazingly sweet guy that escorted me to class, even though they were on completely different floors or slip little Mont Blanc in my locker before school started. People called him the major player but that didn't dishearten me. I would reply cheekily, "I guess I tamed a player."

Those happy days that felt just like yesterday. But then I remembered more.

Why did I have to remember more?

Remember how he broke my heart and ruined my life.

"You act like such a egoist on the outside but inside, your just another coward," I blurted out, eyes narrowed, unable to contain my anger.

He smirked again, as if I just called him a hottie and he leaned in even closer.

I gulped my glare softening. His arms snaked around my waist and I felt his breath on my lips and I remembered.

I remembered that sensation that rushed threw me when his lips touched mine. How it always made my heart thump like now, always put a smile on my face... completely different from this moment.

But I then other thoughts flooded into my head, fogging the old one.

Like the one when I saw him kissing some other girl.

A hot girl. Jennafer P. to be exact; the biggest bitch in school.

I finally snapped out of it. I put my hands on his broad chest and pushed him away. with all my might.

"Don't touch me," I said slowly and quietly. I finally dared to look up his sharp hazel eyes, "Ever again."

Then, I opened the door and finally entered the classroom

The teacher scolded me. My mind felt hazy and my feet felt light, like I was sinking in marshmallow tiled floor as I retreated to my desk. I didn't even notice Alex coming in until I heard the teacher's shrill voice yelling at him and his inaudible "Hphm."

No matter how much I tried to shut it out, Alex's words kept on echoing in my head.

'You are worthless no matter how you try'

And no matter how much I denied it, I had that nagging feel it just might be true.

I bit my lip and snuck a peak of Alex as he walked past me

His hazel eyes flickered my way, like the way he did a year ago when he was escorting me to my next class or sneaking me a Mont Blanc, shimmering with happiness and... love.

But I knew it was just my imagination when he slumped in a seat beside Jennifer P. and the rest of her slutty posse.