Restart My Heart

Can't help it if I want to kiss you in the rain so

"WHAT!?!?!" I cried and slamming my locker close at the same time which caused a lot of stares at passing students.

Despite how tired I was from lack of sleep but every minute was worth it because I was talking to Stephen the whole time. I was going to ask Mother if I could skip classes today but I didn't want to be taking advantage of the kindness they were giving me. I could tell they were still skeptical, though less doubtful, of my actions to reconnect with them. If I gave them a reason now to grow suspicious of any ulterior motives, there would be no turning back.

And plus, I had to prove this Triangle dude that he or she or it could definitely not scare me. I was Levi Meester after all, the bitch; the fearless, badass bitch who knocked out the school's most adored whore. And there was nothing overly peculiar about the students so like always, I was over reacting. Nobody saw the picture but me. Still, I was not happy because I let him get to me. He shook me. He made me sit on the floor and cry; the one thing I swore I would never repeat after the 'Alex' incident.

Even with all this confidence, the only reason I was walking was because of the coffee Mother made for me this morning.

But, the reason why right now I am so wide awake is not because of Mom's special coffee but of what Ruth just told me

"What happened?" Alex said, coming out of nowhere

"You know the posters about the talent show?" Ruth exclaimed to the eavesdropper.

"Yeah?" he asked impatiently

"Well check the date hun," I cut in,"Its the same date our assignment's due. And Mr.B said we were going to perform on stage but they need the stage for the talent show, so it could only mean one thing..."

Alex smirked

"Why are you smirking?" I asked, "Are you that dumb not to notice he meant we have to be part of the Talent show?"

"I'm smirking cause you called me 'hun'," he smirked again, licking his lips

I rolled my eyes

"And was I smirking? Old habit," he smirked again. I slapped his chest annoyed

"So why is this bad again?" Alex asked, leaning against my locker I had just shut. His hazel eyes bored through me; looking right into me. I instinctively touched my pocket where my phone was. Could Alex the Triangle?

"I can't play in front of the entire school body?" Ruth cried in horror taking me out of my thoughts

Alex grinned "I can. Everyone loves a little 'Alex' in their day, especially watching me play the drums. Hot, isn't it Levi?"

I lowered my eyes, "Except this isn't just about you for once Alex. If you haven't noticed, we're working as a group so we have to look out for everyone's interests. Not just your obsession over yourself. Get a reality check already." Alex could be pretty convincing as the Triangle; actually that blackmailing cunt sounded more and more like Alex's style. Fucking shady. Something in my chest rose with anger.

His smile dropped, "You really need to chill out, Levi."

"And you need to stop being such a asshole," I took a step forward. I was the bitch but I figured only one shady self knew that since the other is so high on the thrill of torturing me. But still something didn't quite fit...

"Guy's stop," Ruth looked like she was on the verge of hysteria. Since she was the shy one of this trio and had a huge stage fright problem, she would be most worried.

Right, I have to look out for my best friend before worrying about myself. I could always confront Alex later.

"Let's go talk to Mr.B!" I cried grabbing Ruth by the wrist and running down the hall to Mr.B's class. It was also my way of trying to hint off to Alex to leave us alone. Didn't work.

I felt him close behind us but ignored him anyways. We also ignored the bell and the students going to class and kept running until we finally arrived at his classroom.

I threw the door and open

"Mr.B!" I stammered

He was standing by the chalk board infront of his desk. An entire class stared at us with wide eyes, obviously surprised by our interruption and this odd combination.

"Ms. Meester?" he said, putting down a piece of chalk "And Ms. Leonard and Mr. DiRoma."

"Talent show...assignment...same day," I explained the best I could while trying to catch my breath

"Yes," he said calmly. Suddenly, I felt myself shrink from the weight of all the eyes staring at me, including Mr.B's expressionless ones.

"Stage...perform...us," Alex came up beside me, almost protectively. I couldn't tell if he was mocking me or also catching his breathe but let myself feel relived he was there.

"I am quite aware of that. You will be performing in this talent show," Mr.B answered with no added stress

"WHAT!?!" all three of us cried at the same time

"You didn't know? You know now, don't you? Now if there aren't anymore questions please allow me to continue my class," Mr. B said motioning to the class

We mumbled incoherent responses and stumbled out the door.

In the hallway, none of us spoke a word.

"Saturday, costumes, matching?" I prompted

Ruth and Alex stared at me for a second and then bursted out laughing

"Definetley," Ruth giggled

"Pick you girls up before lunch?" Alex asked

We agreed.

Alex gently patted my head, and I didn't slap him away, as we took our sweet time strolling to class. And that's when I realized what didn't fit.

Why would Alex black mail about exposing a picture of both of us when he was the one who broke up with me? I knew Alex was the hot-and-cold type but he wasn't deranged.

Ruth parted ways with us since her homeroom was on the floor above. Suddenly my phone vibrated.

8:38
From: Unknown Number
Text: Alex and Levi. Levi and Alex. Why did you ever break up? Is this 'badass' facade just hiding secrets? I'll be keeping an eye on this badass pair. Love, ∆


"Um, Alex?" I looked anxiously up at the nonchalant boy walking beside me. Just walking.

He turned toward me, his hands deep in his pockets "Yeah?"

I eyes his pockets "Where's your phone?"

"Oh I broke it so I could get an Iphone 4G. Why? Levi finally interested for my number?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me teasingly. I stared intently as he pulled his empty hands out of his pockets and pulled me into him.

My phone vibrating in my hands made me jump. I pulled away and looked down at the new text

8:42
From: Unknown Number
Text: Are they still in love? That is quite an embrace. Still watching; always watching, ∆


∆ was definitely not Alex