Status: ITS BACKKKKKK

Nobody Wins

"that old relationship stuff doesn’t matter, you’re in St. Louis now babe.”

Sometimes I forgot what day it was; when I was with T.J the days seemed to all blend together. I was pretty sure it was Wednesday though. We hung out pretty much every day that he could. I was thinking about this while eating a bowl of lucky charms, and glancing at the clock.7:00a.m.

“I’m surprised you’re up this early,” Carlie joked as she walked in the kitchen grabbing a cup of coffee.

“Me to, I have this internal clock that says I should be up this now. It’s quite annoying.”I shrugged.

Carlie smiled, “It’s because of T.J. He gets up early, so now so do you.”

“I figured,” I laughed, “But now I don’t know what I’m going to do since I have pretty much a whole morning to kill.”

“Well I don’t work today so we should do something, since we never hang out.” I glared at her and she raised her hands, “I know it’s mainly all my fault.”

“Mainly,” I said raising an eyebrow at her.

“Ok, all my fault,” she mumbled.

We decided to spend the first part of our morning shopping, which wasn’t the best idea since most stores don’t open until nine or ten in the morning. So we settled for makeup shopping in a local strip mall.

“So how’s David,” I asked while trying on bright pink lipstick.

“Not your color,” she laughed at me, “And he’s good, I really like him a lot Sam.”

I rolled my eyes, “Have you said it to him?”

“Said what?” She looked confused.

“I l-o-o-o-v-e you,” I said in a sing-song voice.

Her eyes got wide while she laughed, “No of course not. I just can’t, it feels too early.”

“If you feel it, you should say it. Maybe he won’t say until you do.” I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Oh no, he’s already said it.” She looked frustrated.

“And you just left him hanging? Just say it Carls, you feel it so say it.”

“I couldn’t help it I wasn’t ready,” she defended, “and I’m ready now I just don’t know how to say it. Ya know?”

“Don’t be upset. Just say it, don’t plan it. It will come out when its time.” I felt like an oracle telling her the future.

“Ugh! I know, this is ridiculous. I need more caffeine, let’s go get some.” She whined from the makeup counter.

From the mall we went to get coffee from Starbucks. We ordered our drinks and settled for a table in the front corner by the window. We settled into a comfortable silence just watching people and cars pass by.

“That’s why I like the city,” Carlie said dreamily.

“Hmm,” I wondered from my seat.

“Nothing. So let’s talk about you now.” She shot me a smile.

“Talk about what?” I asked even though I was pretty sure I knew who she wanted to talk about.

“What’s going on between you and T.J?” she said with a smile creeping across her face.

“Way to be blunt,” I mumbled while staring at my coffee, “Honestly Carls, I’m not really sure. One minute he’s so sweet and the next we’re yelling and screaming at each other.” I sighed.

She squinted her eyes and cocked head to the left, that was her thinking face, and that in itself worried me. I could see the gears turning, and then she gave me a sideways glance before replying, “Wow, you two are falling hard for each other.”

I choked on my coffee, “Uh I do not think so. I barely know the guy and I just got out of another relationship. No way. No, no, no.”

She had a wicked smile on her lips now, “You both are so stubborn. You like each other, and that old relationship stuff doesn’t matter, you’re in St. Louis now babe.”

I glared at her, I wasn’t really even thinking about T.J until she had brought him up. I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, butterflies, I thought, a little stunned. I hadn’t really ever got them before and why now of all the times.

“Hey!” Carlie was waving her hand in front of my face.

“Yea, What?” I chuckled; I was good at zoning out.

“Its noon, the boys are home!” She squealed with a stupid grin on her face.

“Oh here we go,” I moaned while she pulled me out of my seat and to her car.
-------------------

In the apartment, Perry was sprawled out on a couch, and Bergie was on the recliner pouting because his favorite couch had been taken. I laughed at Bergie and he shot me the puppy eyes.

“Where’s T.J at?” I wondered about the missing member in the apartment.

“In his room,” The Swede said with his thick accent.

I ruffled Patrik’s hair on my way to T.Js room. I peeked my head around his door and smiled. He was sitting on his bed with his hair sticking out in every which way, while reading a book about the game of hockey, that’s dedication.

“Hey Osh, why are you reading? I thought hockey players were on the dumb side” I joked while plopping down on his bed next to him.

He narrowed his eyes and playfully swatted at my shoulder, “I take offense to that.”

I laughed, “I know. I just like messing with you. But seriously Teej, why are you studying hockey when you play it like all day every day?” He smiled but didn’t answer.

“Ok just stare at me and don’t answer.” I laughed. I was so happy, it struck me as weird, because lately I hadn’t been.

He blushed, “You’ve never called me Teej before.

Then I blushed, “Oh, sorry it seemed better then calling you T.J all the time. It’s so formal.”

“No, no. I like it. It just surprised me I guess.” He shrugged with a hint of pink still in his cheeks.

“Well alright then,” I giggled.

He stared at his book for a minute, not really reading it just staring at a page, while I stretched out on his bed. I rolled onto to my back, staring at the ceiling. For some reason; I was content with all this, the odd relationship T.J and I had, up and leaving my life in Denver, living in St. Louis with my oldest friend. It was all chaotically perfect in my mind.

“Whatcha thinking about?” T.J asked. I glanced in his direction only to realize that his face was only inches away from mine, I could feel his breath on my cheek.

“Um,” I was a little distracted at the fact that my body was reacting in all kinds of inappropriate ways, “nothing really.”

“Hmm,” He smirked. Oh.God. I couldn’t hold myself back for much longer, my heart was racing and my hormones were going berserk.

“Hey Sam,” He murmured in my ear. I felt the chills go up my spine.

“Yea,” I whispered back.

“I’m going to kiss you now. Ok?” He whispered into my hair.

“Mhm,” was all I managed to get out before I felt my voice freeze in my throat. I could feel his breath slowly move from my ear down to my jaw. As his lips trailed to mine the chills were coming on every few seconds. He hesitated, his lips so close to mine they were almost touching, and smirked as I whined for his lips to be on mine. After a few agonizing seconds he granted my wish, at first timidly kissing then passionately kissing me. I tangled my fingers in his hair and pulled myself as close as I possibly could to him. His hands slid around my waist, and we were molded together for those few minutes. He pulled away from the kiss smiling.

“So does this mean you’ll be my girlfriend now,” He had that same silly grin Carls had earlier.

I couldn’t help but chuckle, “You really have to ask?”

“I feel like I’m not being the gentlemen if I don’t,” I didn’t care what anyone said T.J Oshie was the sweetest person I’d ever know.

“Yes, Teej I’ll be your girlfriend.” Now I was the one who had the silly grin on my face. I couldn’t help it, I was just so happy, not even cloud nine could compare to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Monday post, wooh.
Enjoy, so i've decided that shit should hit the fan.
But i dont whats gonna happen, leave comments telling me what you think :)

comment/subscribe

pssst- a HUGE thanks to everyone who reads and subscribes, it makes me feel all
warm and fuzzy inside <33