We Are One.

we are more than we are.

His arms were spread like wings; he tried to maintain his balance as he took each step, his feet curving to meet the surface of the rocks, leaping from the side of one to another.

“Yami, how’d you find these?” the boy asked, referring to the ruins that had, over the years, smoothed over into the rocks he was walking over at that very moment.

Smiling up at the other, Yami kept an eye on his footing, in case he was to fall. “Seto showed me, actually..apparently they’re from an even older settlement, before we moved to the kingdom to where we—er, I reside, now.”

Jumping onto another, Yugi looked over to the pharaoh, who was looking back up at him with that smile and soft expression. He didn’t realize it until now, but he had become accustomed to seeing Yami with tan skin and the jewelry that came with holding such a royal position in the civilization instead of the casual outfit and pale skin he had worn for so long.

Apparently he also didn’t realize his feet were still moving, either, until he felt his foot slip from underneath him, and he flailed his arms as he fell, as if he’d fly back up.

Prepared to meet with the warm, golden sand, he had shut his eyes in anticipation, but he instead had a cushioned fall, held in the same strong arms that have embraced him so many times before, lying on top of the tanned one.

Opening his eyes, he saw a familiar laugh upon Yami’s face, who noticed the setting sun in the sky behind Yugi’s head, tinting the ends of his hair a similar tinge of gold the sand bore.

“You clumsy boy,” the pharaoh chuckled, pulling Yugi closer. The boy couldn’t help but laugh along, letting himself fall on the other.

After they laid there for a while, just letting their laughs fade, without trying to stir a conversation that they didn’t need to have. Though, as Yami noticed the sky growing dark, he smiled again and rolled Yugi off of him. Confused, he laid in the sand as the pharaoh climbed onto the same rock/ruin Yugi had fallen off of, but he held out his hand once he got on top. Smiling, he took the initiative and joined him atop the rock.

Slipping his hand into the other’s, they both went leaping from rock to rock, as the fading sun warmed their backs and the sand that they’d fall back to.
♠ ♠ ♠
________for my yugi. <3
who inspires me so much.