School, Eye-liner and Music

Shopping.

Lexia's POV

After school I grabbed Aiden and we walked to the primary school. I grabbed Katt out before the bell went as did Aiden with Erin, Jet and Jordie. We were all half way home when I heard a car pull up behind us and beep the horn. I spun around and saw mum's green car. I yelled at Katt and waved laters to Aiden, Erin, Jordie and Jet.

"Were going shopping." Mum told me and Katt as we got into the car.

"Okay, I need credit." I said tapping my phone and innocentley smiling at mum.

"If you look after Katt tomorrow night, dad has the night off so were going out for dinner."

"Okay, sure." I replied turning around to look at Katt. She smiled at me I laughed to myself and turned to face the front. As we drove off mum beeped the horn again at Aiden and her siblings. They waved back to us.

- - - - - - - -

We pulled into the shopping centre car park as mum switched off the engine Katt and I jumped out. Katt grabbed a nearby trolley as one of the usual local drunks walked around yelling at anyone close by. Katt got scared and ran over to me, she grabbed my hand as we walked into the shopping centre.

"Muuuum, can I have money to go get credit?"

"Yeah, here, take Katt, she needs a new shirt for free dress tomorrow at school." I heard Katt squeal. She loved getting new shirts and usually copied my style.

"Don't cramp my style sis." I said nudging her. She laughed as we stopped and waited in line to get credit. My phone buzzed in my pocket, scaring the shit out of me.

Daniel.

Hi gorgeous, what ya doing, I'm on my break from work, gotta go back, thought I'd say hi. Bye! Dan. xx


My cheeks flushed and Katt giggled.

"Lexia's got a boooooyfriiiiiend." I shoved her as she regained her balance and grabbed my shirt. I was finally served and put the credit on my phone.

"Have not." I mumbled as we walked into the clothes store and Katt ran to the girls department. I walked down behind her to keep and eye on her. I saw her rumaging through a rack of shirts.

"FOUND IT!" Katt screamed getting the attention of everyone in the store. She pushed the shirt in my face and let go of it as I took it out of her hands.

It was plain black and had a red heart in the middle of the shirt.

"Me likes, let's buy before mum forgets she brought us and we have to walk home." Katt skipped up to the counters as I walked up behind her. I paid for the shirt and gave the bag to Katt. We walked back to the store when mum was buying our weekly stock of food and walked down every aisle to find her.

"Let's grab some stuff so mum has to buy it for us." Katt said grabbing a packet of chips.

"I like the way you think." I laughed and grabbed a 4-pack of red bull. We found mum and put our purchases into the trolley.

"I didn't say you could buy that."

"But you loooove ussss."

"Fine."

I high-fived Katt as we followed behind mum.

Finally we got to the checkouts and mum started loading stuff on the counter.

"Hi, how're you today?" I heard a person say as I walked up so I could see how much everything cost. I liked to gasp when things came up so mum would have a fit thinking it was expensive. I looked up and saw Daniel's face.

"Crap, you work here?"

"Sure do."

"Cool."

"Sure is, how ya going?"

"Not bad, you?"

"Yeah pretty good thanks."

"Who you with?" Daniel asked me pointing his head towards Katt who was trying to get mum to buy her a lollipop.

"My little sister and mum."

"Cool."

He finished serving us and before he said the total I gasped loudly. Mum looked at me.

"How much is it?" Mum replied rolling her eyes.

"That comes to sixty dollars and eighty-five cents thanks." Daniel said.

"Lexia, I am going to hurt you one day my child." Mum said handing over seventy dollars to Daniel. I laughed evily as Daniel handed me the last bag to put in the trolley. Our fingers touched and we both blushed and looked away.

"Enough flirting, bye now Lexia's boyfriend." Mum said. I glared at her and smiled.

"See ya tomorrow at school Lex."

"Yeah, see you."