Status: getting there

My Heart

Tacos

Hayley's POV

I don't know why Cassadee froze up when i hugged her, she looked really happy and comfortable with the guys, and then as soon as I hugged her, and ever since that hug she's been really quiet.
Doesn't she like me? I don't get it. What did I do?
I was in the kitchen pouring myself some cereal, and since there wasn't much room, I accidentally bumped her when she walked in.
"Oops. Sorry Cassadee."
"Don't worry about it." She bared her perfectly white and straight teeth at me. I felt suddenly self conscious of the Spongebob thing i had going on inside my mouth, so half smiled back.
I handed her what she seemed to be reaching for.
"Thanks, Hayley"
She was so lovely now. I wonder what was up before?
"Cassadee,"
I considered what I was about to say. I didn't want to come on to strong on the first day of tour, but god i hated bus awkwardness. Why can't everyone just immediately all be friends?
She spun around on her heel to face me, "Yeah?"
"Do ah, you by any chance, enjoy tacos?"
I bit my lip.
"Are you serious? How could anyone not enjoy taco's? Tacos are my life dude, is that even a question?"
We both laughed.
"Just checking to see if you're human I guess" I grinned. "But anyways, d'you wanna hang out tonight? I heard the boys wanted to go out partying and drinking, and i mean.. feel free to go with them, i just don't drink because of the whole being-obsessive-over-my-voice thing."
Way to be awkward Hayley, jeez.
"That sounds amazing"
"Sweet. I look forward to tacos"
"I always look forward to tacos"
We both laughed and went to chill on the couch for a bit with some TV.
Somehow i think that tacos just erased all awkwardness.
How i love tacos...