The Blood Is Calling

Chapter 2

But it didn't begin with him. First was Chase. He was perfect. Tall, handsome, mysterious, voice like an angel, everything a girl would ever want. The day I met him was his first day at Shuttlewood Comprehensive. I was wearing my purple strappy top and favorite jeans. My mark was visible apart from my hair half hid it. At break I went to the I.C.T. room. He was at my computer. So I walk up to him and say
"Hey you're at my computer."
And he replies in the most gorgeous voice ever,
"I'm sorry. I'll move now. I'm Chase."
"I'm Cynthia." I say back.
He moves to the computer on the right, so when I sit down, he sees my mark.
"What an interesting tattoo."
"Oh this? It's a birthmark."
"Really?"
He seemed fascinated by it. I decided to tell him more. Probably the biggest mistake of my life.
"I've had it since I was born. It's a weird one. I've tried to remove it. It comes back by the next day. Everyone stares. Actually, I cant remember anything from starting nursery and before that. I suppose everyone, even me, stared at it."
"You can't remember anything before nursery?" He sounded worried, or pleased.
"No, I can't. Why?"
"Nothing. It's just unusual for humans." Chase said it like I wasn't human. I gave my I'm-offended-by-that-say-sorry-or-I'll-leave look. He had obviously seen it before, so he quickly gave me the 'I'm sorry' smile.
"What did you come up here to do?"
I almost didn't hear him, his eyes where so cute.
"Huh? Oh right. To finish the English homework." I lied. I actually came to do more research on my mark. Again. I'd been up here every break looking. At home I think of reasons why I've got it. My best guess is that I'm weird. His voice punctured my thoughts.
"Didn't you finish that?"
"Um did I? I'll do the I.C.T. homework instead."
I'd forgotten I'd handed it in last English lesson. He was smart. I wondered whether he'd go out with me when a sharp ringing broke my daydream.
"Time to go." He said in his to-die-for voice.
"Yeah." I felt like a 100% fool.
Slowly I made my way to Textiles, where we were making pillows, sheets and duvet covers. I sat at my table and started my patten. I was doing my duvet cover, one big design that was red lips, the colour of blood. My favorite colours are blood red and sea blue.
But I couldn't work. I was thinking about Chase. I couldn't make him go away. He sat across the table, and when I snuck a glance at him, he was watching me wearing a blank expression. I wondered if it was a good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm getting there, slowly. enjoy xxx