The Blood Is Calling

Chapter 3

I was floating. Up, up, up. I was calm. I was dreaming.
I knew I was because I was in the sky. No arguing in my head. Bliss.
Then I saw it. A wood, lots of lush trees, healthy grass and a clearing. I came to a stop, landing on my feet. A rustling spun me around.
It was Chase.
He was alone. Chase walked up to me and stroked my face, whispering my name.
And I loved it.
He was warm, soft, and so nice against my face. His breath smelled like deep roses in summer.
Then he kissed me.
A kiss I'd never had before (and I've had plenty of boyfriends - they were rubbish kissers though). It was urgent, at the same time relaxed. Hateful, but full of love. And so passionate.
Another rustling broke the kiss and spun me round (again).
Out of the bushes, guy I'd never seen before emerged.
He was pale. Like the moon. His eyes were the colour of chocolate. His hair was as black as a raven. It was gorgeous. Short, silky and smooth. I yearned to touch it.
As soon as I thought it, Chase lept back and yelled at the boy
"You don't belong here, filthy animal!"
The boy was calm, and said
"I'm merely here to let Cynthia get some real sleep instead of snogging you."
Chase went bright red.
The boy walked over to me slowly, as though not to frighten me. He hugged me, his head on mine, and whispered
"You don't need to see what's going to happen next. Wake up or you'll be late for school, my little moon."
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like it more and more each time