The Blood Is Calling

Chapter 8

"Let's go. Chase quickly said.
"OK, but where are we going?" I asked.
"My favourite place to hang out." he said with an evil smile. "A wood. There's a clearing there and it's where all the guys like to go."
"Cool. Let's go.
Chase started walking (or I should say nearly running) towards the river.
There's a river beside the school see, and I always go there. It relaxes me. The water whooshing past and dipping my feet in just a bit . . . it's lovely.
It's also the place where Rosie and I met.
Rosie had fallen in and was drowning. I was walking past and saw her in trouble. I didn't have any friends, so I was on my own. I wanted to help her but didn't know how to, as I couldn't swim. But I heard a voice. A female voice, telling me,
"Go on Cynthia, you can do it. Swim to her. You won't drown. You'll have a new friend. Trust me, my baby."
So there and then I jumped in. Schoolbag, coat and all. I don't know how, but I pulled her out from the dark, murderous river. When I pulled her out, her mum came and saw what happened. She thanked me about a million times. She told my parents, and called the local newspaper. I was on the front page, blushing furiously. Rosie was forever grateful. We became close.
I pulled out of my daydream and paused to glance at the river that got me my first best friend. It was calm. Flowing slowly. Gently.
Chase had jumped over the river and was looking at me.
"Well? What are you waiting for?
"I can't swim. What if I fall?"
"Aw go on Cynthia!"
I was terrified to jump. I know I saved Rosie, but I was four and someone helped me. And I haven't been never water since (apart from my showers).
"Oh, what you waiting for? A mermaid?"
"If I jump, will you explain something to me?"
"Yeah sure. Anything." he promised.
I stepped back three spaces. Then I ran, jumped - and smacked my head on a branch.
I was falling out of the sky.
Thud.
Huh, I expected a splash.
I sat up and looked around. I was in a clearing. Lots of lush trees, healthy grass . . .
I gasped in realisation.
It was the clearing from my dream.
Any moment Chase would walk through those bushes right there and kiss me. Then Brendon would break the kiss and . . .
I would see what happened next after I woke up.
It's exactly what happened. I was floating (the jump - and hit my head) and then I come down and land on my feet (or in this case my bum).
Chase will walk through those bushes . . .
There he is.
"Wow, you can jump girl!"
I smiled.
"Thanks. How far did I go?"
"Um 10 meters? Give or take a couple of centimeters." he added with an evil grin.
Did he just say 10m? No way. I've never been sporty, I've always got out of PE because Mum got me a note in year 1 and year 7. I never did read that note . . .
Anyway, I'm not sporty, never have been and probably never will be.
"Huh."
I nearly jumped a mile.
He was nearly touching me. His hand was on my cheek. It was gentle. Soft.
Just like my dream.
This is just plain spooky!
"Whoa." Oops! Did I just say that out loud?
"What?" Guess I did.
"Deja-vou."
"Really? I never get it."
Why did I need to know that?
Need to know . . . that rings a bell.
Oh yeah.
"Chase?"
"Yes?"
"Why do you hate Brendon?"
"Family fight."
"What happened?"
"His ancestor killed mine."
"Oh. What happened to forgive and forget?"
"How he killed him is unforgivable - he killed him by blood loss."
"That isn't so bad."
"Trust me. It is for our family."
Then the kiss.
The same kiss as the dream. Urgent, hateful, yet relaxed and full of love. And passionate.
Then I realised I was waiting for Brendon.
No, I thought sternly. Enjoy this with Chase first. Then wait for him.
I heard footsteps. And climbing. Who would be climbing out here? I wondered.
Then Chase broke the kiss.
Talk about unexpected!
"What's wrong?" I asked.
He put his finger to his lips.
The bushes rustled. I stood there, hoping with all my heart it was Brendon.
But why? I thought. Why did I want Brendon to come through?
My dream? No. Good friend? No.
A figure came forward. It wasn't Brendon.
I screamed. And screamed. I yelled for Brendon at the top of my voice. With as much volume as my lungs would let me.
I heard a faint voice beneath the screaming. One I hadn't heard before.
I felt arms around my waist, dragging me while I yelled. Another pair picking up my feet.
I screamed harder.
When I saw the Aston Martin, I knew I was being kidnapped. By my own boyfriend.
I screamed harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope u like it (who ever reported my stories dont coz its only the simple spelling mistakes u cant help!) xx