Status: Gotta Be patient guys! We love you....!

Don't Change The Way You Think Of Me

Chapter 4

Sliding my signature aviators onto the bridge of my nose, I walk quickly towards my car. I had always hated mornings, mainly because I had to get up, but today was different. Today I was actually happy to get out of bed. Why? Today was one of the rarer occasions where Val actually let me take her to school in the morning. I had made sure I woke up super early today and put extra Axe on before I left. There was even an extra spring in my step that I was glad the guys weren't around to notice.

Driving the short distance to Val's and Michelle's house was a little unnerving, though. The sky was clouded over a dark gray, and it was slightly drizzling. I knew if Michelle answered the door, I would get hell on Brian's part since she still hadn't forgiven him. He says he's tried consoling her, but I know for a fact that he hasn't even thought about touching the phone once. I would be surprised if he dared to show his face at school when he got to come back after break.

Once I'm parked in Val's driveway, I ran up the steps, taking two at a time, but there's no need, because she comes out the front door, shutting it quietly behind her.

"Hey, babe," I greet her, placing a small, gentle kiss on her forehead. She had always liked that.

"Hi, Matt," she says and by the look in her eyes she was keeping something from him. “Michelle isn’t coming to school today.”

"Is she going to be at the party?"

"I don't know, we'll see."

I lead her to my car, and get in myself. "Are you going? I can give you a ride there if you want."

She sighs, a distraught expression covering her face. "I…I don't know, let's see when we get there, okay? Hey, do you want to grab a bite to eat after school, go to the local diner?"

A small smile crosses my face. "I'd love to." My day has been made. "Do you want to come over my house after?" I ask innocently.

Val frowns. "I can't. I have a project due in Economics. I accidentally left it for last minute."

I sigh, knowing she's lying, because Jimmy has the same Economics class with her and he'd be complaining if he had any report to do. But I let it slide anyways. "Alright, fine." Val slumps into her seat, noticing the dry edge to my tone of voice.

At school, I walk Val to our homeroom. Val stops to talk with that smart ass runt friend of hers. He grabs hold of her face and I growl a little. He pulls his hands away and looks at me. Val giggles then hugs him and I escort her to our seats.

The day goes by and I’m finally in my math class. This sucks because Zacky and short shit have to stay after class for some reason. I sit and listen to Butch talking about his party coming up. For the most part I listen but the other part I think about my date with Val.

As the bell rings, my friends and I wait as the others get up to leave. Seward sits and waits and as I pass him by I say, “You’re so lucky, you little fag or you would be toast!”

Leaving the classroom I catch up with Jimmy who is texting on his cell phone. “Where’s Baker?” He asks as we start walking to English together.

“Mrs. P had to have a little chat with him and Short Shit.” He nods with a smirk and we enter the class where Jason Berry is watching the door.

Zacky soon walks in with Johnny and has an annoyed look in his eyes. "Hey Zacky, what's up?"

"Nothin'," he grumbles, placing his head on his desk.

"How’s that new tutor coming along?" I tease.

"Just damn skippy. Johnny almost threatened to quit on me if I didn't start treating him better." My mouth falls in shock.

"Johnny's tutoring you?" And why that kid wants respect, I’ll never know.

"Yep," Zacky says shortly, popping the 'p'. "But he's really not that bad once you get to know him," he adds.

'He's really not that bad once you get to know him', I mock inside my head. There is no way I am letting that little shit ruin my day today.

But it gets increasingly harder in the day not to, because he raises his hand to answer yet another question. My blood starts boiling just thinking about how smart his tiny little brain is. I'm so frustrated I don't realize Zacky leaning into me. "Don't worry, Matt. You can still beat the shit out of him. But it's not like that's going to get you far in life," he snickers.

"Shut up," I growl.

The day wears on, and finally we’re in last period. Zacky ditched us to go off with his new tutor. All during class I glared at him especially when Zacky starts to make jokes and small talk. I'm starting to get worried that Zacky actually likes the kid. The last bell rings. I smile, getting excited for my little date with Val. I’m suppose to meet her at the edge of the parking lot, right next to my car. But decide to take a little detour and punish Seward a little bit.

I see that Zacky and him are fixing to share a smoke in the back off the school. Once I reach him I push him to the ground. “What the fuck Matt?” It was Zacky thankfully. “Don’t you have a date with Val? What if she caught you?” He starts to lift the fag off the ground and that’s when I hear Val and Jason running outside where Seward was touching his cheek.

“What the fuck happened?” She took his hand away and grabs her water bottle from her bag so she can clean his face.

“I tripped and well, you know me Val.” She nods. My jaw drops. He didn’t even tattle like I thought he would. Soon though, he’s telling her that he'll survive and to leave. I gladly take the opportunity to drag Val away from Johnny.

When we get to my car, I pull her into a warm hug and kiss her a little longer than necessary. My face pulls into a frown as she shrugs away from me. "So, the diner?"

"Yeah," she responds, climbing into the passenger's seat.

Once we're at the local diner, Val and I take our seats in these retro looking booths and order our drinks.

"Val?"

"Hmm?" She mumbles, and stares at her menu a few seconds before looking at me.

"Why've you been so distant lately?" I ask, worried.

"I don't know," she mutters, and sips lightly at her water.

"Come on, talk to me, babe. You know you can tell me anything."

Val glances around a few times nervously, before turning back to me. Her eyes seem to be contemplating on something. "Matt... I-I really think weshouldtakeabreak."

I don't get half of what she says, and ask her to repeat it.

She composes herself, and straightens out her back. "I think we should take a break from each other."

My jaw drops. "What? Why?"

"Matt, you said it yourself, we've been growing apart, and I don't know, I think we should sort out our priorities over winter break."

"You're breaking up with me?" I ask, completely in shock.

"Well, I... not..." A hurt expression crosses over her face.

"Val, I don't understand, really. Why are you doing this?"

"Matt, you know why. You're always breathing down my neck for sex, especially when I’m trying to help you with work so you don’t fail, and your friends are just... fucking assholes," she says, referring to Brian. "I just don't think we're on the same page as we used to be, and you know we're not either.”

I run my hands over the top of my head, stressing out about what to do. Fuck, I don't know what I'm going to do without her. "Will we be together after winter break?"

"I-I don't think so, Matt," she whispers, totally crushing me. "And don't bother taking me home. I have a ride."

I watch her walk outside and stand there, waiting, abandoning her half-finished water and me. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised when a car pulls up with Johnny Seward at the wheel. My jaw clenches, and I know he was in on this whole thing, one way or another. The anger burns through me white hot, and scary. As I watch Val hug him, I make a promise to myself that I'm going to make him glad that he's gay. I pound my fist into the table, earning a few startled glances from the other patrons.

I'm going to make sure that Seward is going to wish he were never born.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys thought the chapter was decent, and I'm sooo sorry for the long wait! School is getting so busy right now...

Anyways, ForeverEnd is up next!