Vampire Lovers

the beginning

" Alex?" My father asked while knocking on my door. Waking me up early on a Saturday.

"Go. Away. It's Saturday I don't have school." I said into my pillow.

"I know but the hair stylist is here. She said that she had to come earlier because she has another client at one." He said sitting on my bed.

"Why do I need a hair stylist?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well...I'm throwing you a surprise birthday party. Not that it's a surprise now, but I have some bad news..." He hesitated.

"I hope that the bad new is that it's canceled." I hated parties ever since I was little. I guess I hate them because of my mother even though it's not her fault. Kind of.

"No. I had to invite the Gates family and to make your grand entrance you have to walk down with someone... and your going to be walking down with Tyler." He said, quickly. "I had Rebecka fetch your dress for you since she knows your taste more than I do. Your going to love your party!"

"Wait. Rewind. Your making me walk down with Tyler?!" I said enraged "You know how much I hate him. Every time you throw some stupid party I get stuck with Tyler. Why is that huh?"

"You know why, Alex. We need you to marry Tyler for the sake of mine and Meryl's work."

"By work do you mean selling drugs to pathetic people and killing people for not giving you your money?" I glared at him. "There is no fucking chance that I will marry that bastard. Not for all The money in the world!" I yelled.

"Alexandra Marie Maraschino! Watch your language! Your going to that party and your going to pretend to like Tyler. And when the time comes you will marry him! That is final!" He said and left my room.

After a minute I got up and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had chocolate brown eyes, white skin not translucent white or albino white just pale. My light brown wavy hair was a mess. If my father wanted a war I would give him one.