Vampire Lovers

Ice Blue Eyes

Tyler and I were doing homework when we heard a faint knock.

"Come in!" I yelled, Tyler got up and went into the kitchen before the door had opened.

I didn't look up until I heard the clicking noise of high heels. Who wears high heels on a non-formal occasion in this house?

"Is..um..Tyler here?" A girl asked shyly. She was beautiful. She was wearing a light pink ball gown. Her bleach blond hair was draped onto her shoulders. You would think her eyes would be warm and welcoming, but they weren't. They were ice blue eyes that made me shiver.

"Um.. Yeah.. What's your name?" I asked, confused. Why would she be here and not at his place?

"Rose." Rose told me examining our homework.

"Wait here." I said heading in the kitchen. Tyler was there drinking something in a unclear cup, but I could smell rust and salt and I knew exactly what it was. "Who's Rose?" He choked.

"She's an ex-girlfriend." He was definitely leaving something out. I could see something in his eyes. Excitement? Pleasure? Am I missing something?

"Well she's in my den probably sitting on the chair next to the fireplace." I said leaning over the counter.

"Did she say want she wanted?" He asked.

"She just asked for you. You better get out there your girlfriends waiting for you." I said, jealousy consuming me.

It's funny how I use to hate him and not care what girls he was with, but lately it seemed that any contact with a girl and him sent me into jealousy. I remember when I hated him and I really did want to drive a stake through his black heart, if he had one. But what one of us had hearts?

"You know you're cute when your jealous. She's not my girlfriend, you are. I love you." He said, kissing me. This kiss was different from the rest. More needy. More forceful. Like he needed this to talk to her and not start making out with her.

"I love you,too." I said, "But I'm not sure you really mean it anymore." I whispered as he closed the kitchen door to the den.

I kept looking at the door. It was tempting me. Why shouldn't I hear what they're saying? I am his girlfriend! I should have a right to know if that girl is a threat to his and my relationship. Right?

I slowly walked to the door and put my ear up against it. If an old flame comes out of the blue it has to mean something.

"What are you doing here?" Tyler asked, I could almost see him balling his fists until they turned white.

"I've come back to finally[i/] accept your offer. The year I was gone I realized that I shouldn't have left you like I did. I realized that I loved you more that I love to live and I couldn't live another day without you. I love you, Tyler." She said, I could see her trying to grab his hand. Maybe succeeding and putting it against her chest.

"I love you, too...but--" I took my ear off the door. I could feel the tears coming to my eyes. I couldn't hear the rest. If he still loved her then there was little room for me in his heart. I'm pretty much his rebound chick.

I quietly went through the kitchen door and went to my tree house. I climbed up and jumped to the wall separating our property from the little piece of real green there was. It was the only way that led to a lake.

I sat on the dock and put my feet into the water. Maybe I should tell him that he should go with Rose. I mean he obviously loves her and has loved her since they met. The only reason he gave me the light of day is because of the stupid treaty.

He proposed to her out of love. He's being forced to marry me. I'm going to have to talk to him about it. I don't want to be with someone who will regret being with me for the rest of his life because he didn't go after who he really loved. Maybe I should just break it off. Experience real love like he has.

"We were looking for you." Said a now icy tone.

"Well you found me, Rose. And for your prize you get .. nothing. But you will get my fist in your face if you don't leave soon." I said, not look at her, but I could fell her rolling her eyes and burning a whole through my back.

"So soon with the threats? Tsk, tsk, tsk. I was hoping this would be fun, but I grow tired of you hogging my time with Tyler. So I'm just telling you this one time, bitch. Stay away from Tyler. He.Is.Mine. Get the picture?" She said I got up to face her.

"You mean the picture of me and Tyler in bed? Naked?" I whispered/lied. I haven't even thought of anything like that yet. This was bound to get her more mad than anything else that's true.

"There's no way...He didn't give it up to you!" She yelled. "I don't know what he sees in you! Your nothing but a whore!" She said trying to hurt my feelings.

"I think you mean 'rich' whore." I said.

"If you don't let me have him I will make your life a living hell." She threatened.

"Sorry babe. I'm already there. Now listen to me. Before I was going to let him decided who he really wanted, but I've had a change of heart. You do anything that involves me, that includes stealing my boyfriend, you will find yourself have way around the world. Stranding in the middle of the ocean, with no food or water and nothing to get you back to civilization. Is that clear?" I said, starting to walk away. "Oh and you need to learn to threaten somebody. That was pathetic."

I didn't look back as I went home. I was ambushed with "Where were you" by Tyler. He left ten minutes later because I was "sick" and I wanted to take a "nap". I really just wanted to thing about what I'm going to do about Rose and if I'm going to do anything. Most of my threats are hollow and I couldn't even hurt a fly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally don't have writer's block anymore! Yay! XD

This is really REALLY long..