Vampire Lovers

Awkward

The next day me and my dad were sitting at the dinning room table with Tyler and his mother. It was silent and awkward. I didn't know if Tyler was even looking at me, I was staring at my hands in my lap. I didn't want to be here. I knew what it was about. They were calling off the marriage. Just like I wanted in the beginning.

Tyler's mother cleared her throat. "I think we should let these kids talk. They need to work it out themselves." She said and they walked out of the room. Leaving me and Tyler alone. Neither one of us would talk so I thought I would just tell him to get to the point.

"Well I don't want to be here right now, so if you could get to the point of this...meeting. That would be nice." I told him. Still not looking at him.

"Fine. I want to cancel the marriage. Since you have a boyfriend there is no point in forcing us to be together." He said.

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?" I asked, I knew he was talking about Rick.

"Rick. The one who was in your house the last time I was there."

"He's not my boyfriend. He's my friend. Do you think that I've never went to live with my aunt for six months? I did and when I was staying there me and Ricky became friends."

"Then why'd he call you 'babe'?"

"Because that's his thing. He calls all the girl babe and the guys dude or something." Tyler stayed silent. "Well I should be going. I have to... get ready for school." I lied.

"But it's Saturday."

"I have Saturday school." I lied again. I got up and started walking out of the room.

"Alex. Wait." Tyler said, from behind me. I turned around and he was so close to me. If I were to pucker my lips I would be kissing him. Then the unexpected happened. He leaned forward and put his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this is short.