Status: Finished

You Remind Me Of. . .

10- Going Home

Hoggle was almost to the oubliet when he seen Jareth. "Oh!"

"Well, well... What have we here?"

"Your majesty. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same."

"I'm just here to lead..."

"Oh, stop it Hoggle. He's completed the task. Now he's mine. Is that clear?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Good. Now be sure to get rid of the faeries. They're beginning to multiply like rabbits." he said as he turned.

Hoggle nodded silently as he waited. Jareth found the oubliet and snapped his fingers. The candles lit up and flooded the room. Sam shielded his eyes and then looked around. He spotted Jareth leaning against the wall opposite of himself. "What have you done to Holly?"

"You don't listen well, do you? As I have stated before, she's safe in my castle. She hasn't been harmed in any shape or form. She's there waiting for your return."

"Then take me to her."

"Of course. In due time. But first, it seems that she doesn't really want to return. Care to explain why a child so special wouldn't want to return to her parents?"

"That's none of your buisness."

"No, you see it is. I've often held prisoners, but none have ever been so willing in my captivity. She's expressed how unfavorable she finds it that you've made it through the labyrinth. Especially since she has to go with you."

"Just take me to her and I'll talk to her. Please? She's the only child that I've got and she means more to me than you could ever understand."

"She meant so much that you wished her away?"

"I told you, I didn't think that it would really happen!"

"Perhaps next time you will take a better look at things and don't take anyone for granted. Because you never know when they'll leave you. And you'll become desolate and loath yourself to sleep. Living each day like a corpse, dead and faithless."

Sam sighed, "I know. I just want to see Holly. Please? Where's my baby girl?"

"Follow me and we'll go to my castle." said Jareth as he turned around once more and tapped the wall. It disappeared and opened up to a tunnel. He and Sam walked through as they made their way to the castle.

Holly sat in the throne as she heard someone open the castle doors. She heard multiple footsteps make their way towards her. She stood and looked at the hall where they would approach. She was met by several creatures that she recognized. Her mother had stuffed animals that resembled these creatures.

"Sara?" asked the biggest creature.

"No." she stated timidly.

"Who are you, young maiden." asked the fox.

"I'm Holly." she said as grasped onto the orb tightly.

"You're Sam's daughter?" asked the dwarf.

"Yeah.... Who are you guys?"

"I'm Sir Didymus, this is my noble steed, Ambrosious."

"I'm Hoggle."

"Ludo."

"Nice to meet you guys." she replied shakily.

"We've come to rescue you. We have reason to believe that the Goblin King is going to keep you're father from getting to you, so we're going to bring you to him." said Didymus.

"No, he wouldn't do that." said Holly.

"Don't be fooled by his charm, he scares me." said Hoggle.

Holly backed up, "You don't understand... He's good."

"What?" asked Didymus.

"Are you sure we're talking about Jareth?" asked Hoggle.

"Yes, and he's a good man. You've just seen his presenting self. I bet that neither of you have ever seen the other side of Jareth, and let me tell you that he's an amazing guy." said Holly defensively.

"Then why does he take children away from their parents?"

"Because they wish them away, and once they complete the labyrinth they're no longer the same person." said Holly.

"I couldn't have said it better myself." said Jareth as he entered.

The trio backed away as they watched Jareth walk over to Holly.

"You're father wishes to take you home."

"But..."

"Shh... Remember what you had just said." cooed Jareth.

"Dad, I want to tell you something serious. And I want you to listen to me. There's one thing that I've always wanted in my life and I found it. And I would appreciate it if you would let me go."

"What is it?" asked Sam as he stood closer to his daughter.

She looked up at him, "Daddy, I've found my true love. I want to stay here." she said as she fixated on his eyes.

"What?"

"Dad, I know you think I'm crazy, but I know what I'm talking about. Please?"

"Honey, you've got school..."

"Please?" pleaded Holly.

"Holly, I love you more than you know. But I promised your mother that I would bring you back. Besides, you're young you'll find someone else." he said.

"Dad..." she said as she turned around. She looked pleadingly at Jareth, "Jareth, would you come with us?"

"Holly, I can't. I've got a kingdom here to run. And I had already told your father that if he continued with the labyrinth that he would be able to take you back home." said Jareth.

Holly felt the tears sting her eyes as she watched Jareth's eyes look down. She sucked in a deep breath of air and then sighed, "Fine."

Sam hugged her but Holly pushed him away and threw the crystal down to the ground. It shattered and the floor disappeared from underneath their feet. "I will not be ignored!" she screamed. "I will not... I will..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.