Status: Finished

You Remind Me Of. . .

03- Please Don't Send Me Back

"Yes, he did indeed. Well I guess that would only be fair. Make sure that she has everything that she needs and that she does not escape. Are we clear?"

"Yes sire."

"Good."

Then he began walking down the hall. Sarah sat down on the couch. She had called the police, but they had informed her that they had to wait for a day to pass before they could do anything. She didn't get anymore encouragement when her friends said that they hadn't seen her either.

"She'll turn up." said Sam.

Sarah sighed as she stood up and went upstairs. She stopped when she thought she heard something move in Holly's room. "SAM! Come here!" she yelled as she stood by the door.

Sam ran up the stairs and looked at her, "What?"

They heard a crash come from Holly's room.

"Come on." he said.

They entered the room and seen nothing. The lights wouldn't turn on, but the wind still blew the curtains.

"I forgot about that." he said as he leaned against the wall.

Sarah walked towards the window and seen an owl sitting on the branch just outside. Her face whitened.

"Honey, what is it?" asked Sam.

"WHAT DID YOU DO??!!" she asked as she shook him by the shoulders.

He looked at her, "I didn't do anything!" he said defensively.

"Did you read anything out of that book?" she yelled accusingly as she pointed at the book on Holly's nightstand.

"What? Why?"

"Did you... or did you not read something out of there?" she asked more slowly.

"Yeah, why?"

"SHIT!" she said as she walked away from him.

"What? What's going on?"

"The Goblin King has her and it's all your fault." she screamed.

"What? Honey, you need to sleep, you're not thinking rationally."

"I'm alright! Holly's not! She's out there all alone! And it's your fault!"

"Wait. How did this happen?"

"You obviously said the words."

"What words?"

"The goblins from beyond the goblin city have heard your wish and they took Holly to the Goblin King! How could you!!"

"Okay, okay! Stop! How can I fix this?"

"You have to go through the labyrinth and rescue her!"

"Okay, then let's go!" he said as he began to go out the door.

"NO! You have to go alone."

"Yes, you would have to go alone." said a male voice behing them.

Sam turned around and saw a man standing in the room. He had big white hair in a poofy mullet and his clothes were skin tight and hidden behind a cape. He held a silver staff in his hands and looked at the both of them. "Well, hello Sarah. Nice to run into you again."

"Hello, Jareth." she said coldly.

"Where is Holly?" demanded Sam.

"She's safe. You know how it goes. Thirteen hours. That's all you have. Sam is it?"

"What the fuck have you done to our daughter?"

"I've done nothing more than grant your wish. Did you or did you not wish that your daughter would be taken by the goblins?"

"That was just part of a fucking faerie tale."

Jareth's expression hardened, "If that's what you think that this is then you shall never see her again!" he said as he turned on his heel and whipped the cloak around him. He turned back into the owl and flew off.

"SAM! You have to go rescue her!"

"You heard him!"

"I know how to get to the labyrinth. But that's as far as I can take you! You have to hurry and rescue her." said Sarah pleadingly.

"Fine! Show me the way." he said.

She brought him near the window, "See his castle out there? You've got to get to it and that's where she'll be. First you have to go into the labyrinth and make your way through it. Don't take anything for granted, always ask the right questions and be careful to pay attention when you come across certain characters. Their tasks and decisions may seem difficult, but they're not if you really think about it. And the labyrinth always changes so you can't take anything for granted. If you happen to find a dwarf named Hoggle, tell him that I'm your wife. He'll help you, as will Ludo and Didymus."

"Who? Okay, you seriously want me to go through that?"

"You have to Sam. You have to save our daughter."

"Alright. So the dwarf's name is Hoggle?"

"Yes. Now go! You don't have much time." said Sarah as she pushed him towards the window.

"And how will I get in?" asked Sam but he looked around and seen that she was no longer with him.

"Well, isn't this interesting." said Jareth.

Sam turned around and looked at him, "Where is she?"

"You don't listen well do you? I said that she's right there in my castle. She's safe."

"So how can I get her back?"

"You have to get through my labyrinth. And you'll have thirteen hours to do so."

Sam looked at the labyrinth, "Can't I just trace a line to your castle?"

"No, you have to go through it and you better do it quick." said Jareth as he began to fade into the air. Sam sighed, then looked at the labyrinth.

"Well, I'm not getting anywhere standing around here." he said to himself as he began walking down to the edge of the labyrinth.

Holly began examining the balcony. She was trying to figure out a way to escape.

"Do you need anything?" asked a voice behind her.

She turned around and faced a goblin. He was short in stature and had a gray complexion and these weird yellow eyes that shined brightly.

"No, nothing at all. Thank you.” she replied.

"Well the king has left me in charge. So if you need or want. I'll be here." he said as he exited.

Holly sighed as she turned around once more. She began examining the balcony for any sign of a ladder.

"There's no escaping." said Jareth.

Holly whipped around and looked at him, "I can't stay here. My parents will be looking for me."

Jareth smiled, "Don't worry. You're father is in the labyrinth, he's making his way to get you."

"In that case, I'll stay." said Holly as she leaned against a pillar.

Jareth's expression softened, "Might I ask why you don't want your father to get you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is only like ten chapters long. I hope that you like it. I've already got one subscriber! *dances* And I posted this one not even five minutes ago.... Comments? Thanks for reading.