Status: Finished

You Remind Me Of. . .

04- You're THE Goblin King

Holly sighed, "It's a long story and you're the Goblin King! You're not supposed to care!" she said as she ran to the bed and flopped on it.

"What's that supposed to mean? What are you trying to say?"

Holly sat up and looked at him, "Stop! You take kids and sent their ill-wishers through your stupid labyrinth. And if they don't make it in time, then what? You turn the children into goblins? You don't seem like someone to go for Humanitarian of the year..."

Jareth sighed, "You remind me of...."

"Who? My mother? I don't think so."

"Well you, like her, assume too much."

"What?"

"You don't see the finer details of this picture. Obviously like others before you, you focus on the fact that I take the children from their "ill-wishers", ask you say, and make them go through my labyrinth."

"Well, what am I supposed to think?"

"What kind of a person are they after they make their way to my castle and solve my labyrinth? Huh?"

Holly shut her mouth. She was about to say something, but stopped because she had nothing to say.

"Exactly. You didn't see the details. You'll end up just like your mother. Assuming will get you nowhere and you will learn that before you get out of here."

"Well, you're wrong for assuming that. I've only heard what my mom had told me. Forgive me for not reading the entire book. I always find it difficult, considering the main character is so stupid." screamed Holly on accident. She sighed as she sat down and took a deep breath.

Jareth nodded, "Well...."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you..." she said as she turned away.

Jareth stopped dead in his tracks. He felt something twist and turn in the pit of his stomach. And it most definitely wasn't the awful swamp slime he had consumed earlier. He turned around and faced her slowly, "What did you say?"

She stood up, "You're right. I didn't take a closer look. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be yelling at you." she said as she walked up closer to him. Her heart began to beat faster than normal.

Jareth could feel every inch of his body screaming at him to kiss her. To hold her and show her the man he really was. But he couldn't, because she was just a mere child after all and he was a man.

"Holly, your father has thriteen hours until you become mine forever."

She smiled as she nodded and locked her eyes on his, "Let's hope that he doesn't make it." she said.

"Forgive me, but I have somethings to tend to..." he said as he quickly exited the room.

Holly sighed as she laid on the bed once more. "I can't be falling for him! I barely know him..." But somewhere deep inside she knew that despite all the horrid tales about him, that something about him was good. And she intended on finding it before her father made it to the castle.

Sam came to a wall and looked at it. "Now how do I get in..."

"Get in where?" asked a gruff voice.

Sam turned around and seen a small chunky dwarf. He held a small shovel in his right hand and a plant in his left hand. He continued walking over to a small hole near the wall.

"Are you Hoggle?" asked Sam.

The dwarf was humming when he stopped suddenly. "Eh?"

"Are you Hoggle?"

"Yes, and who might you be?"

"I'm Sam. Sara's husband. She said that you would help me through the labyrinth."

He nodded, "Just as long as we don't run into Jareth. He scares me..." said Hoggle.

"Thank you." he said as he began following him.

Hoggle set down the shovel and the plant. "So what happened? How did you end up in the labyrinth?" he asked as he began walking to a door.

"I didn't know that the labyrinth actually existed." he said.

"And you said the words didn't you?"

"Yeah, and now that Jareth guy has my daughter."

"You have a daughter, with Sara?"

"Yes, and she's beautiful."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Sam reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He opened it up and extracted a photo. He handed it to Hoggle , "Here she is. This is our daughter, Holly. She just started her last year of school."

Hoggle looked at the photo in his hands. "She looks alot like her mother."

"Yeah. And Sara will kill me if I don't get her back."

"Alright, so how long did Jareth give you to complete this labyrinth?" asked Hoggle as he handed the picture back and opened the door to the labyrinth.

"He gave me thirteen hours to finish this thing."

"Well, all I can tell you for now without Jareth breathing down my neck is that you shouldn't go either left nor right."

Sam cocked an eye brow, "Well, then I guess that leaves me no choice. Thank you." said Sam as he watched Hoggle leave the labyrinth. Sam looked down the left and then the right. Neither seemed to have a turn.

"So if I don't go either left or right, then which way do I go? And I don't think that I want to go back... So let's try forward." said Sam. He walked forward and fell back when he came in contact with the wall. He groaned as he laid on his back. "Fuck, that didn't work...."

"That's because you can't take anything for granted. Just because you came in one way doesn't mean that you can't go back. The labyrinth changes all the time. So you can never take anything for granted." said a british accented voice.

Sam turned over and seen a small blue worm on the ground next to him. "What?"

"I said that the labyrinth changes all the time, so you can't take anything for granted."

Sam sat up and rubbed the back of his head, "So where should I go? I just tried going forward, but obviously that didn't work..."

"Well look again..." said the worm.

Sam stood up and looked, sure enough there was an opening just where he had run into a while ago. "Thanks. Do you happen to know how to get to the castle? I need to find my daughter."

"Just straight to your left."

"Thanks." said Sam as he got up and began walking through the wall in front of him again. He held his arms ahead of him this time and felt nothing but air. He turned to his left and started walking down the path as he tried to look for more openings.

Jareth sighed as he put his head in his hands.

"What is it your majesty?"

"Nothing that you can help me with Gilly..." he replied without looking up at him.

"Well, in any case Sam has entered the labyrinth and he is making his way to the center."

"Good. Let's make sure that no one helps him." said Jareth gruffly as he stood and sat in the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading. And a big thanks to: mewtwosangel and Crys in Death for subscribing and commenting. This chapter is dedicated to them.