Status: active.

Shadows

A loud crash followed by a high pitched shriek was heard from above, the room that was above our heads. We glanced around, checking if anyone was missing. Once I had finished glancing around the small circle I gulped.
Freia. Freia was missing.

I wasted no time in standing up, sprinting up the stairs. My klutziness shined through as I tripped up the last stair, just barely missing a collison between my forehead and the top of the stair banister. I scrambled to my feet, darting around corners. Freia was my best friend, I couldn't let anything happen to hear. Another bonechilling shriek rang through the old house and I pushed myself to run faster, my breathing getting heavier and louder.

I came to a halt as I stopped in front of a door, positive that Freia was in there. I pushed the door open quickly, letting at a shreik of my own as I looked into the room.

Nothing was there except a chair and a CD player, not even plugged in but the CD inside was spinning fast. My eyes searched the room again and I blinked, gulping as I realised it.

There was a pool of blood in the far left corner, leading to the window, the only window in the room which was wide open.

I fell to the ground, hyperventilating. What the hell had happened!?