Status: Working :)

Once upon a time,..I used to give a damn

His POV

As soon as class finished i walked towards the stairs, swinging my bag over my shoulder. The girl with the green eyes might want to come and try to find me...i just can’t talk to any one right now. So I ran down the stairs as fast as i could, i walked to my favourite tree and sat down. Wasting time so i wouldn’t have to go home early, but i knew i would have to go home sooner or later. I closed me eyes and leaned against the tree trunk. What seemed like five minutes turned out to be two hours. I walked home slowly because I missed my bus, taking me another hour. I opened the door to the two floor house, pretty fancy if you thought about it.
"Oliver!!!" My drunken stepfather yelled out, i knew there was something wrong.
"Son...are you home?" My mother came down the stairs, wearing her usual attire of a slutty dress that went up to her thighs and low cut at the front.
"Come here and give mummy a kiss..."
" Like hell i will you whore!" i spat out. I didnt expect her to do anything but that was until her hand slapped across my cheek, her nails raking at my face.
"Fuck you, do not speak to me like that!! I keep you under a nice house.. i give you clothing what more do you want?" Somewhere a glass bottle smashed.
"Oliver!!! Get over here and clean up YOUR mess" my step dad slurred. I backed away from mum and walked to the kitchen where there was glass all over the floor. I Got out the dustpan and started picking up the glass, the glass cut at my fingers making them bleed onto the floor. I ignored the flow of blood and kept cleaning the glass up until there was none left; after i put the glass in a bin i wrapped an old towel around my fingers, hoping to staunch the bleeding. With the old towel i also moped up all the blood on the floor.
"Now, Oliver sweetie.. Mummy and daddy are going away tomorrow so you will have to sleep somewhere else" she said sweetly I nodded, ignoring her cleavage which practically was thrust into my face. Slowly I went up to my room in the attic. It was dusty and small. It had enough room for my jeans, long shirts and hoodie, at one end of the room was my mattress. I kicked off my black converse and laid down on my bed, closing my eyes. Hoping to get a bit of sleep, instead i heard them argue and more things being thrown against the wall. Sighing, I realised I wasn’t going to get any sleep so I went to my bag and got out one of my rolled up smokes and lit it. The paper was rough against my fingers as I held the smoke up to my mouth and took a drag of it, coughing I let out a small puff of smoke. The cherry end of the smoke was slowly dying out I took another long drag and made sure to exhale before I started coughing. I shook my head as the end burnt out and stood on the cigarette, killing any form of burn, the house was quiet again. They must have fallen asleep. I checked my phone it was two am. I rolled onto my mattress and fell on my side and slowly drifted off into sleep.
Next day
"Oliver you ungrateful brat, wake up!!" I groaned and rolled off my mattress, hitting the dusty floor with a thump.Quickly and quietly I dressed in my long black skinnies and white long sleeved button up shirt and black high top converse. I grabbed my white hoodie and slung it over my bag. I checked quickly that I had more cigarettes in my bag, before I quickly ran down the stairs. In my haste I almost fell over at the last step. A Lamp flew near me and naturally i ducked.
"You...Ducked!!!!" My drunken step father screamed at me.
"Stay still...and don’t flinch!!! Or you know what will happen" He drunkenly threatened. I Grimaced and stood still trying not to think of what would happen. I waited for something to hit me but it didn’t happen. I Looked over at my step father and saw he was holding a vase. I Gulped and waited.Finally after what seemed ages of waiting i felt the Vase hit me square in the shoulder, the glass shattered and cut through my shirt and cut into my skin. I bit my lip and waited for him to stumble out of the room before i looked down at my shirt. The vase had cut my shirt and bits of the glass were sticking out from it. I winced and ran back up to my 'room' slowly unbuttoning my shirt i stared at the cuts that went diagonally across my shoulder. I quickly took the shards out of my skin and bandaged up my shoulder before putting my shirt back on and my hoodie overtop so no one could see the blood stains. I walked downstairs more cautiously and saw that both mum and dad weren't anywhere to be seen so i grabbed a dustpan and brush and began sweeping up the glass. I heard footsteps behind me and saw my dads shoes infront of my face.
"Good, Now go" I Didn't listen to him and bent down to pick up the broken glass from the floor, knowing i would get punished if i didnt.
" i said go! spolit child.." he came up to me and kicked me in the ribs, i groaned and kept picking up the glass so he kicked me again and again. Slowly I stood up, towering above him. I looked at him for a moment before picking my bag up and walking to the bus stop. As i waited for the bus to come i lifted up my shirt so see a huge red welt across my ribs. that would become a bruise later.. I thought to myself. I put my shirt down slowly and pulled my hoodie up as the bus came in. I sat by a window seat, not really paying attention until i saw her She looked around for a seat and finally sat down beside me. She smelt like vanilla, which made a small smile ghost on my face. I examined her as she day dreamed, oblivious to my scrutiny. Her eyes were a beautiful green, her lips quirked into a smile as she brushed away a piece of stray red hair from her face. I wondered quietly what it would be like to kiss her, did her lips taste like vanilla? She suddenly stood up and i could see the school was getting nearer so i followed behind her, careful not to hit my shoulder. I was right behind her when the bus suddenly lurched to a stop, sending me into her. I hit her with my injured shoulder and made her fall to the ground and causing my hoodie to fall off my face. She turned around as if to say something when she saw who i was. I stared at her eyes for a second, confusion, anger and sadness crossed her features. I stood up quickly and pushed in front of her and walked off the bus, holding onto my injured shoulder. I did not look back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy you guys, Sorry if this chapter is a bit short :S

Please keep commenting and subscribing it means the world to me :) <3

- Caityy