Where This Road Goes

New York

The landing into the city was a little scary. By a little scary, I really mean to say that I started bawling my eyes out when the wheels made jiggling noises. All the boys suddenly turned to look me in the face, sat in silence until I calmed myself down. Lucas helped me with my luggage again, while Jeremy helped me out of my seat, pet my head and tried to calm me. It wasn't working as good as he thought, but it was nice to know he at least had a hint of empathy. The city was so different from Minnesota. The buildings were like magic to me. Much worse, Dear Amy fans had collected into the airport. We had to be escorted out to the terminal parking lot by not only the airport security forces, but the New York City police department, as well. The screaming of the girls, the cries and shrieks were too much for me to handle.

When we finally reached the van, I was exhausted. I let out a sigh as Mitch lit a cigarette. Maybe there was actually some truth to those rumors. Either way, i flapped my hand carefully to avoid the smoke, and tried not to inhale too deep. Jeremy smirked, still chewing on his gum. "You alright, Liz? You don't look as shaken, but still..." I nodded. "Yes. Of course, I'm fine. Thanks for asking, though." Mitch inhaled deep, flicked the long stick of ash into the built in ashtray to his left. "It's alright. She's a big girl, right?" He glanced over at me, and I didn't change my expression. Instead, I met him with a nod. I was, indeed, a "big girl". I just needed to get a grip on this whole flying thing. I was going to be doing a lot more of it.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" David mumbled, trying not to look up from his handheld video game. He hadn't blinked in five minutes, and it was really starting to seem creepy. "Well, there's a new club on ninety-third central and east. I heard it's a really snazzy place, we should go." I thought about the agenda that had been planned by the tour manager before I had even left for Minneapolis. We were supposed to check into the hotel, have dinner in the lobby, attend sound check, dress rehearsal, and then to bed for the long day tomorrow. I didn't see how clubbing would fit. "Are we even going to have time?" I said, looking down at my shoes. Dirt stained ankle-high boots with lace for shoelaces. Jeremy scoffed. "As if. We can just skip sound check and head out straight after dinner." My eyes shot up to see him, smiling like the joker with a Twizzler sticking out between his lips. Mitch put out his cigarette, and lit another shortly thereafter.

"Maybe she's right, Jerm. Maybe we should practice." David let in, agreeing to my cause. I let out a soft smile, but tried not to let it show. "Yeah, because we totally need it. Look, wild west Jane-" My smile faded, and I wanted to cringe on the nickname, a reference to a red headed barbie from the sixties. I wanted to interject, but Mitch continued. "We've been doing this shit for years. If you need the sound check, by all means, go. You probably need the whole damn three hours. On the other hand, we just need time to relax." Jeremy nodded, Lucas agreed, and Mitch let out a smile. "That being said, are you coming or not?" I looked towards Jeremy. His question sparked a chain of possible outcomes in my head. No matter what, this wasn't going to end pretty. So then, if it was just going to blow up anyway, why not have a little fun?

The hotel rooms were breath taking. Jeremy and David shared a room, Mitch and Lucas shared another, and I, being the only lady, had a room to myself. I threw my luggage to the floor, sprawled out in the over sized bed. The sheets felt like silk, and it only added to the pure comfort of the pillow top's cloud like sensation. I let out a sigh and kicked off my boots, one right after the other. I slowed down my breathing, tried to relax. I tried to think of what I could wear out tonight, but I wasn't even sure I'd packed anything appropriate. As I started falling into a slumber, there was a knock at the door. I groaned, but rose slowly anyway in order to answer it. I yanked the door open, and found Jeremy standing in the hallway with a lollipop stick between his teeth. "Busy?" He asked. I shook my head no, and stepped aside to let him in. He took the hint and stepped into the room, found his way to the main area and took a seat on a small lounge in the corner. I closed the door, and followed behind him, only slightly to the right of the room in order to plop down onto the bed. Jeremy seemed to laugh at my awkward jump. The bed was, after all, nearly half of my height. I waited for him to speak. He said nothing. We sat in complete silence for twenty minutes, while he looked me up and down, all the while sucking on his candy. I raised my eyebrow, and he let out a smirk. "I'm sorry, did you need something?"

My face must of contorted, because he suddenly didn't seem so amused. "You're the one who came to me. We've sat here for what feels like forever and you're not saying anything."

He nodded, stood to his feet, and placed his right hand in his pocket while the left grabbed for the lollipop. "You're right. I'm sorry. I just-" He stopped himself, and I could see in his eyes that he was hesitating on what to say. His posture somehow changed and he stuck the lollipop back into his mouth. "I just wanted some company is all. But hey, I'll see you at dinner." I stood and began to follow him, but his long legs helped him move faster than me, and he ended up letting himself out. With good timing, too, because I didn't think I could stay awake much longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! I'm hoping to update this story more, so please leave comments and subscribe! i have a lot of plans for this. I just need to decide how it will get there. if you have any suggestions or opinions on this story, feel free to message me. :)