Memoirs of a Dhampir

The initial C.

Waking up the next day wasn't so bad at all. The weather was nice - cloudy but yet, windy at the same time. I took out a slip of paper to see what my classes would be later in the night.

Moroi vampires couldn't take much sunlight so most classes are at night. So here in St. Valdimir's, the night is refered to as day for us vampires.

I was walking over to the bathroom when I saw yellow slip of paper on the floor. Staring at it, I realized someone must've slipped the note from under my door. I took the paper and read the note.

Nice to know your back, Dahlia. Meet me at the library.

- C


C? I tried to think of someone I knew from St. Valdimir's that had the initials C.

I have a fairly good idea who it was but pushed aside the thought. It couldn't be him.

Deciding to just meet up with this person, I took my brown leather jacket, left my dorm and headed towards the library.

"She's the first dhampir whose Moroi father decided to take care of her," Everyone started whispering to each other but I couldn't help but to roll my eyes in annoyance.

I couldn't understand the big deal about this. I mean, I get it.

Royal Moroi men would have sex with dhampir women as a fling. Then they would run off and marry the Moroi women. Setting the happy Moroi couple aside, the dhampir women give birth to dhampir children and then the children will have to be a guardian for the Moroi families.

My father was different from any other Moroi morons. He fell in love with my mother - whose name is unknown because my father refused to tell me.

As soon as I was given birth, he took care of me - something the Moroi community could not stand of. There was kind of a protest from some royal families about him taking care of a dhampir girl like me. Still, he took no notice from these protesters and took care of me. He gave me everything a girl wants, showered me with fatherly love and he wasn't afraid to show it.

"You got my note," a voice spoke and I jumped from shock.

Turning around, I saw Christian Ozera standing by the front door to the library. He was wearing a navy blue shirt and denim blue jeans. He pushed his brown fringe away from his face to take a good look at me. I smiled, letting out a happy shriek before giving him a hug.

"Oh my God, Christian! Look at you!"

He returned the hug and pulled away. "No, Dahlia. Look at you."

"What did you do to your hair? It looks better this way," I commented and grinned.

"I heard you came back and I had to see for myself if the rumors were true," he gave a light shrug as if it was nothing.

We started walking into the library as we talked about our times when I was away.

"You're with Vasilisa?" I asked, shocked.

Christian had been another one of my good friends when I studied here in the past. And I remembered Rose's distaste for Christian Ozera. Whatever made her accept him to be Vasilisa's boyfriend confused me. But what made it even confusing was that Christian used to be in love with me.

"Yeah," he sounded as though he regretted being with Vasilisa.

"What is up with that tone of yours?" I was surprised by my sudden anger as he looked up at me with wide eyes.

"What?" he was confused.

"Vasilisa is a good person," I tried to hint at him. "You shouldn't break her heart for anyone."

Someone hushed at us from somewhere in the library and we stopped walking to face each other.

"It's Lissa now," Christian gave me a knowing smirk.

"Lissa? What, she adopted the English name now?" I was sarcastic.

Christian looked at me for a second before he shook his head. "Didn't they tell you that they ran away two years ago? From the school?"

"They what?"

"Ran away - right after you left," Christian shook his head again and stared at me in surprise. "Are you sure they didn't tell you? I mean, you guys were tight."

"Look, I really don't give squat about it - I don't even want to talk about them, alright?"

Christian raised both his hands to surrender before he chuckled out loud. "Okay, we won't talk about Lissa or Rose."

We walked over towards a table and took a seat, facing each other. Some students were doing their work while others were staring at us and whispering to each other.

"So what exactly have you been doing at the other side? I heard the grass is much greener over there than it is in here," Christian asked and we took a sea facing each other.

I started shivering vigorosly, causing Christian to stand and hold me.

No, I thought weakly. Not now!

It was a dark cold night and I was looking up at a sign of a bar in Manhattan: Blue Blood.

It was a club made specially for vampires - both Moroi and Dhampirs alike. The queue was long but all I had to do was to show my face to the bouncer and they let me in immediately.

You must be wondering what makes me different from other Moroi or Dhampirs when it comes to this right?

My answer?

I'm nice to them.

I know. What a boring answer.

But it's true. Most people don't realize this but being nice to one another - sometimes, it helps in getting what you want.

I walked over to the counter and ordered myself a glass of Bloody Mary. In our world, Bloody Mary was really a blood from a few women named Mary. Of course, these Mary's have given us their 'blessings'.

"A huge Mary fan," a deep but playful voice commented causing me to turn to my left.

The man who just commented on my choice of drink had black short hair that made his piercing blue eyes stand out. He was wearing a white top with a black leather jacket over with black skinnies and black sneakers. Then my eyes gazed over to his choice of drink and I rolled my eyes with a snicker.

"And you're a huge Scotch fan," I commented back and he nodded his head with a smile.

"Guilty," he replied and we both laughed.

He scrutinized me from top to toe before he smiled.

"Damon," he introduced himself. "Damon Salvatore."

Salvatore? I'm sure I've heard about that name somewhere.

But being too involved with our conversation, I smiled back.

"And I'm not interested," I said and looked away to drink my glass.

"Ouch," he said and raised his hand to his heart. "I like a vampire bitch."

I turned to him with one raised eyebrow.

"Really? What gave me off?"

"Do you want to go somewhere and talk?" Damon smiled again and stood up.

I stared at my glass for a full five seconds before standing up with my purse.

"Okay," I answered, getting ready to take my purse out from my bag.

"No, no," Damon put out his hand as he reached into his pocket and took out some cash, placing it to the table. "This one's on me."


My eyes rolled back and then it was pure darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terribly sorry for not updating on this story. I kind of lost track on the direction I wanted with this story but after some careful thoughts, I finally know where this story should head. I know this chapter's kind of boring but please deal with me. It'll get a lot more exciting with Damon and the two Winchester brothers coming into the picture.

Plus, my good friend here on Mibba, Kayla, she's going to have a part in the next chapter. So in the meantime, do head over to her mibba site and check out her stories! She's the first one on my top friends list. : )